What's new

Guide Green Arrow Living Combo Thread

7L

Heads up!
Im trying to avoid supers in my combos that aren't my ender since in round 2 they'll clash me on any follow up attempt to recover life once my meter is blown and on round 1 most combos that end in super will likely finish off whatever health they have left on round 1 for me. Just trying to play that meter game early.

also, don't fear doing super in round 2, this is what i do and every1 should too

do your normal combo, end in 111 super. on the bounce back do b3 then coming back b3 and get out a fire arrow. You can't clash a b3, then 2nd back3 hits and just plops them down a good distance away, out of range for most wake up attacks (besides flash's headbutt and deathstrokes super) but you will have the chance to get out your fire arrow and go for a nice overhead/low mix up at a decent range for both. I've been using this if they have clash left, I think it gets 45%, don't quote me on that yet but I'll go test it now. b3-b3 is a good setup though since you're not able to clash it.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
also, don't fear doing super in round 2, this is what i do and every1 should too

do your normal combo, end in 111 super. on the bounce back do b3 then coming back b3 and get out a fire arrow. You can't clash a b3, then 2nd back3 hits and just plops them down a good distance away, out of range for most wake up attacks (besides flash's headbutt and deathstrokes super) but you will have the chance to get out your fire arrow and go for a nice overhead/low mix up at a decent range for both. I've been using this if they have clash left, I think it gets 45%, don't quote me on that yet but I'll go test it now. b3-b3 is a good setup though since you're not able to clash it.
O_O

Life just got goooooood for me in Round 2. I was unaware some stuff couldn't be clashed. Are there any other things you can't clash? What about Freeze Arrow? Can I go into that?

hey guys new to the forums...i've been reading and i'm curious "xx" is cancel right? is that a bounce cancel or is it just o show a capper for the last move i.e stinger?

Sn4ky

Noob
hey guys

im kinda new to fighting games and have some major issues to connect the b3 after 113 - electric arrow. It only happens 3 out of 40 times... any one has a good advise for me?

thanks!

hey guys

im kinda new to fighting games and have some major issues to connect the b3 after 113 - electric arrow. It only happens 3 out of 40 times... any one has a good advise for me?

thanks!
You have to do the arrow as soon as you hit 3. Just treat the whole thing like a string 1,1,3, electric arrow. This should give you enough time to land the b3 after the electric arrow. It's very rare that you wanna store electric arrow though and to land a raw standing 1 as well. I would suggest doing freeze arrow, it's also a lot easier to follow up with.

Has anyone found a good use for GA's db1 or jdb1.....is it worth using or just a total waste? thanks
Regular db 1 is a good combo extender in the corner. I was thinking of this might be a way of dealing with doomsday's meteor smash move but I have yet to test this. It might be good for anti airing people that are trying to cross you up or people that have a splash move that alters their hitbox i.e. Bane and Doomsday.

Tl:dr version, combo extender in the corner.

I have been trying to use it in a combo but im not so great at being consistent with my inputs so I was wondering if someone here would take a crack at it and see if they can come up with something better........113 electric arrow b3 dash(under falling opp.) db1 111 and thats all i got but i suck at combos maybe someone can experiment with this and get something better.....i just feel db1 and jdb1 aren't being used as much, maybe they suck........and thanks for the reply Gysbert I'll try and check that out

shaowebb

In the corner I've been messing around seeing what I can get off of 113, db1 ...but I found out its unreliable. 113 in the corner pops them up instead of out so its like a launcher and I wanted to see if db1 (the up shooting arrows) would lift them higher and allow for longer followups afterwards. It does...on some characters only. It whifs on Deathstroke for me and its timing gets tighter on other folks it doesnt' whif on. If it works on someone I suggest going for it as it allows for some great follow up options since it puts them pretty high and allows for a decent bit more damage to be tacked onto your corner stuff, but know who it works on. I've yet to test if this is stance or costume related in anyway, but it could possibly be since on some folks the timing is strict and on others its cake. For the record it was pirate Deathstroke it whiffed on. If it can be done on that one at all its waaaaay stricter than it was on some of the others.

I may just save 113 into db1 up arrows for bigger dudes like Grundy in the corner unless I wanna blow the bar for MB up arrows. I think I'll go test 113 into the met. db1 arrows at midscreen and see if I cant follow it up into something cool.

I've been trying to work on it midscreen but my consistency with combos isn't that great.....let us know if you get any new combos

shaowebb

Trying to get j2, 113, sky alert to go into 22 bounce cancel b3 but for some reason the bounce cancel keeps coming out as a dash. If I can get this I can likely get some gold outta this corner combo...especially if I load up some ice or possibly electric into it as well. Betting ice will do better though if I can get over my bounce problem.

Any tips on this? I have trouble with bounce canceling in general. Do I input it during other animations or after? Can I just hit b3+met and get it without the double tap of B?

BTW I'm gonna see if using MB sky alert for more arrows nets this more damage or scales it poorly after I get this bounce. If it doesn't scale then the MB sky alert will be the version I use on whiff characters. With GA's corner damage I wanna see if I can't load up fire and use 113 stuff midscreen to force folks into a corner and go for this as my main tactic.

Ryu Gosling

When's Mahvel?
Has anyone found a good use for GA's db1 or jdb1.....is it worth using or just a total waste? thanks
Took me 6 hours of not knowing the Spam folder is different than the junk mail folder to reply to this, so I hope it's worth it haha
I've found a use for Sky Alert in non-corner combos. I coincidentally spent all of last night trying to find tech with the move. I came to a stop with it, because it did about 2% less damage than Jumping 3 would do, but I think there might be something bigger here. It's almost worth the loss of the 2% for the swag though lol

I'm a capcom fighter on alternate controls, so i'll just be saying the move names to avoid directional confusion.

I hope I am contributing "New Tech" for the first time in my life right now lol
After B3 you dash forward and Rising Bow (D2) into Sky alert(Up arrows). The sky alert stops the forward momentum the rising bow normally causes here so you can finish the combo with your favorite flavor of combo ending strings. Like I said you lose damage this way (gain style points), I've found that depending on the height the character is after the sky alert, you can actually get up in time for an Air3. If I or anyone can find a way to make this consistent and can convert into a finished combo. this could be the go to continuation after B3

Edit: I was mistakenly using the damage of something totally different. Rising Bow is 3.75% + Skyalert 2.47% = 6.22% compared to Air3 at 8.25% so net less of damage is 2% not 5% .

thanks for the info real helpful man I'm getting better on the timing with GA's combos so I will test this out when i get a chance

Regular db 1 is a good combo extender in the corner. I was thinking of this might be a way of dealing with doomsday's meteor smash move but I have yet to test this. It might be good for anti airing people that are trying to cross you up or people that have a splash move that alters their hitbox i.e. Bane and Doomsday.

Tl:dr version, combo extender in the corner.
if anything his db1 shuts down any meteor smash (supernova) attempts from Doomsday, so you don't have to worry about getting "randomed out" but its crazy tracking etc. Although both versions of the move are avoidable by the majority of the cast I believe with a long enough forward dash, Green Arrow of course being one of them, since he doesn't change his trajectory once he reappears onscreen.

Seapeople

This one's for you
50% meterless!! It's the exact same as one of my 48% combos, just have to hit them higher in the air so that less hits of the hurricane bow whiff. I think there's still ways to increase the damage :)
j2, b23~low freeze, j2, b2~up haven blast, 111~sky alert, 111~hurricane bow = 50%

I don't agree with hurricane bow being the best combo ender. Maybe it should be changed to say most damaging combo ender.

Corner Combos:
b13~electric arrow, 111~sky alert, 111~load arrow = 35%/39%
Slide, d1~savage blast = 15%
Slide, 11, 111~slide = 28%
Slide, 11, 111~hurricane bow = 30%
Slide, d1~freeze, nj2, b2~up haven blast, 111~sky alert, 111~slide = 43%

Here's a couple combos from the guide that should probably be replaced...
32% = jp 2 -> b13 xx 4 -> b23 xx Hurricane Bow
Replaced with...b13~arrow, 111~sky alert, 111~load arrow = 33%/37%

36% = jp 2 -> 113 -> 11 -> b23 xx EX Stinger
38% = jp 3 -> 113xx EX Sky Alert -> b23 xx Hurricane Bow
33% = jp 2 -> 113 -> 11 -> b23 xx Hurricane Bow
All three replaced with... 113~up haven blast, 111~sky alert, 111~hurricane bow = 41%/44%

Also is there a reason we have this 2 bar combo when there's a meterless one that only does 3% less damage?
46% = jp 2 -> f2d13 -> b23 xx EX Sky Alert -> b23 xx EX Stinger
43% = jp 2 -> f2d13-> b23 xx Sky Alert -> b23 xx Hurricane Bow

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
50% meterless!! It's the exact same as one of my 48% combos, just have to hit them higher in the air so that less hits of the hurricane bow whiff. I think there's still ways to increase the damage :)
j2, b23~low freeze, j2, b2~up haven blast, 111~sky alert, 111~hurricane bow = 50%

I don't agree with hurricane bow being the best combo ender. Maybe it should be changed to say most damaging combo ender.

Corner Combos:

All three replaced with... 113~up haven blast, 111~sky alert, 111~hurricane bow = 41%/44%

Also is there a reason we have this 2 bar combo when there's a meterless one that only does 3% less damage?
Why not just add them? Replace? Why not replace the combos below too? This is the Living Combo thread, not the BnB thread, someone should make that thread, sticky it and constantly update it.

Best combo ender is obviously equip arrow.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Why not just add them? Replace? Why not replace the combos below too? This is the Living Combo thread, not the BnB thread, someone should make that thread, sticky it and constantly update it.
I don't see any reason to have two combo threads...
Having lots of not so necessary combos just makes things cluttered. Lets keep it to bnbs.

7L

Heads up!
O_O

Life just got goooooood for me in Round 2. I was unaware some stuff couldn't be clashed. Are there any other things you can't clash? What about Freeze Arrow? Can I go into that?

arrows can be clashed if they are in a combo, pretty much everything except for b3/f3, its pretty much the launchers that can't be clashed.

The full combo (super to b3, b3) is 44% plus on knockdown you can take out an arrow (i prefer fire arrow) so it's a good set up for round 2 if you expect them to clash after the super.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I don't see any reason to have two combo threads...
Having lots of not so necessary combos just makes things cluttered. Lets keep it to bnbs.
There are 61 combos in the first page right now.
Bnbs would be like what, 3 ~ 5? New thread with first page being constantly updated, closed so there aren't any new responses make sense. We can use this one to gather new, optimized combos.

Seapeople

This one's for you
There are 61 combos in the first page right now.
Bnbs would be like what, 3 ~ 5? New thread with first page being constantly updated, closed so there aren't any new responses make sense. We can use this one to gather new, optimized combos.
You can do that if you want lol, I've never seen a character forum with one combo thread for bnbs and one for every combo you could ever think of. By bnbs I also meant the situational stuff.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
j2, b23~low freeze, j2, b2~up haven blast, 111~sky alert, 11~ Super Reset, b3, j3, 22~Slide = 92% altogether.

Seapeople

This one's for you
j2, b23~low freeze, j2, b2~up haven blast, 111~sky alert, 11~ Super Reset, b3, j3, 22~Slide = 92% altogether.
If I'm doing this one right, Superman can wakeup super to escape it. Not sure if every character has a way to escape though, it will need some testing. Nice stuff :) Check out this thread where I'm trying to figure out all the best ways to set up a reset: http://testyourmight.com/threads/green-arrow-reset-discussion.30802/

He can get over 100% completely guaranteed with interactables. I found a really impractical 87% today that's all unclashable. Without interactables, this is the best I've found that's completely foolproof:
j2, b2~up haven blast, 111~sky alert, 11~low freeze, backdash, super, b3, j2, j2, 111~hurricane bow = 93% (37% + 56%)

If I'm doing this one right, Superman can wakeup super to escape it. Not sure if every character has a way to escape though, it will need some testing. Nice stuff :) Check out this thread where I'm trying to figure out all the best ways to set up a reset: http://testyourmight.com/threads/green-arrow-reset-discussion.30802/

He can get over 100% completely guaranteed with interactables. I found a really impractical 87% today that's all unclashable. Without interactables, this is the best I've found that's completely foolproof:
j2, b2~up haven blast, 111~sky alert, 11~low freeze, backdash, super, b3, j2, j2, 111~hurricane bow = 93% (37% + 56%)

Corner Combos:

How come the combo drops at "j2, b2~up haven blast" ? Is this supposed to be a reset cause I can't get it to combo?!