What's new

Guide Green Arrow Living Combo Thread

DakkoN

Noob
113~Shock Arrow, b3, Jump In 3, 223~SUPER, b3, Jump In 3, b2~df1 = 85% Super Reset

Have to step forward before the first JI3 and hit it late to connect the 223.

Seapeople

This one's for you
What's the standard BNB for GA after an ice arrow freeze?
113 does a little more damage than b3 in that situation. Don't remember exactly how much offhand. The combo would be something like...
Freeze, j1, 113, j2, 223~hurricane bow/load arrow.

AK elitegoomba

http://www.twitch.tv/elitegoomba
i think its worth listing combos after f3 as a separate category, meaty f3 is godlike. with that in mind

corner:
f3, 3, db1, 3, db1, 33 d4 (ice), 33 hurricane = 39%
f3, 3, db1, 3, db1, 33 d4 (ice), 111 bb MB (stage transition) = 45%
f3, 3, db1, 3, db1, 33 hurricane = 37%

the timing is pretty specific but it works well
using ice towards the end of combos allows for insane corner resets as well, ie:

(combo>ice), 111 ff MB = incredibly fast overhead reset with armor into 37% combo
(combo>ice), 22 (+8), throw (10f)

etc

with stage transition ender in mind:

j3, b23 ice, 111 bb MB (stage transition) = 50%

its also worth mentioning for corner pressure that ending your combo with 33 load ice, then f3 immediately sets up good timing for meaty f3, or f2d13

Bruke

Wut
A couple of corner combos with arrows, not sure if these were posted yet.

ji2, 113, df2, b13, ice arrow, f2d13 df1 - 38%
ji2, f2d13, shock arrow, 33, shock arrow, 22, df1 - 38%

Bruke

Wut
More combos.
Corner

ji2, 113, df2, b13, ice arrow, 111, bb R2 (Stage Transition) 50% - on Fortress of Solitude
ji2, 113, df2, b13, shock arrow, 33, df1 - 41%

Midscreen

ji2, 113, bb R2, j3, 22, df1 - 37%
ji2, 113, bb R2, j3, 2, ice arrow, ji2, f2d1, df1 - 40%

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
Man I hope somebody can step up and organize this thread. Optimize the bnbs etc. The op seems on vacation hehehe.

LEGEND

YES!
Found a new combo starting from a grounded B3:
B3 (Dash forward) Sky alert x2, 223-DB4 = 30% and sets up the hard knockdown+ice arrow

Still working on finding higher damage from the sky alert

EDIT: i think this also sets up a guaranteed reset

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
113 does a little more damage than b3 in that situation. Don't remember exactly how much offhand. The combo would be something like...
Freeze, j1, 113, j2, 223~hurricane bow/load arrow.
B3, j3, 111~slide does the same amount as your combo both 26%

If you want to load an arrow I would do B3, j3, B23~DB4 for 23% doing 1 percent more than the combos above ending in an arrow load. I guess it all rests on preference, I always try to maximize damage. After a freeze I mean.

Edit: just checked if you do a j2 after the initial freeze your combo will net 27 % which is cool.

TimTim

Don't Hate
More combos.
Corner

ji2, 113, df2, b13, ice arrow, 111, bb R2 (Stage Transition) 50% - on Fortress of Solitude
ji2, 113, df2, b13, shock arrow, 33, df1 - 41%

Midscreen

ji2, 113, bb R2, j3, 22, df1 - 37%
ji2, 113, bb R2, j3, 2, ice arrow, ji2, f2d1, df1 - 40%
What is bb R2?

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
I liked your work. If you do it with the universal notation (1,2,3) etc i believe everybody will be grateful.

Found a new combo starting from a grounded B3:
B3 (Dash forward) Sky alert x2, 223-DB4 = 30% and sets up the hard knockdown+ice arrow

Still working on finding higher damage from the sky alert

EDIT: i think this also sets up a guaranteed reset
Not new, Go back a page, I talked about these combos already. :p
Most damaging thing you can do with two sky alerts and a raw B3 is:

B3 dash foward, wait, 3xxsky alert(the input actually needs to be reversed so you're technically doing df instead of down back) 3xxsky alert(again reversed) 22xxhurricane bow. 38 percent.

Erazor

Noob
Alright, I started reorganising the combo thread in MS Word this weekend. I guess in about a week I can present you the results. From now on please don't use J1 or J2 as combostarters if you post new combos, as these two moves can be added to any combo and falsify the damage of the combo. Is anyone interested in helping me testing existing combos for damage? That would be great.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Why would you waste 2 meters just to "reset" somebody?
To potentially deal more damage than you would do if you finished the combo. That's just the defenition of a reset, but there is no other answer to your question. Yes it's an expencieve reset, but it is an option, and I am just providing combos, set ups and resets that you can be aware of and choose to use or not to use in matches.

Personally I would probably never use that reset, but there might be situations where it can give you the kill, so I just want to know that it exists.

Erazor

Noob
For people having trouble with f2 midscreen combos...
F2d13, d1~hurricane bow = 19%/25%

Sacrifices a good bit of damage but you should never drop it even online.
While sorting all the combos, I wondered why you posted 2 damage numbers for this combo. How do you achieve 25%? Also, any tips on linking a d1~Special without release check activated? I can't get it to work most of the time for some reason.

Seapeople

This one's for you
While sorting all the combos, I wondered why you posted 2 damage numbers for this combo. How do you achieve 25%? Also, any tips on linking a d1~Special without release check activated? I can't get it to work most of the time for some reason.
I've been listing my combos without j2/with j2.
Just make sure you're hitting the inputs fast enough and press the down input twice, like d1 df1 instead of d1 f1. Hope that helps.

Btw I think the first patch is coming out tomorrow along with Lobo so damage #s could possibly get changed.

Erazor

Noob
I've been listing my combos without j2/with j2.
Just make sure you're hitting the inputs fast enough and press the down input twice, like d1 df1 instead of d1 f1. Hope that helps.

Btw I think the first patch is coming out tomorrow along with Lobo so damage #s could possibly get changed.
Thx, I should've known :D

First time using these notations so bear with me plis.

Corner combo with no bars and a freeze arrow already loaded.

f2d13, b23 xx d4, b3, jump backwards immediately and j3, 111 xx Hurricane Bow
~41%

This has to be my favorite combo of the game. It starts off with that annoying mixup combo in the corner of all places, and ends up right back at the corner for more constant pressure.

The tricky part is jumping backwards after the b3. If you do it correctly, GA won't turn around when he does the j3 and once it hits and you land, you'll be facing the wall and your opponent will be floating right in front of you with just enough time for you to do the finishing blow.

The bad thing about this combo is that I think your opponent recovers before you if you whiff the Savage blow so you better get that timing down! And I believe you and your opponent recover at the same time once the combo lands.

Also, I know this is probably just me, but I never use any meter for GA unless its a clash or a super. Is there really a need to use any meter as GA? I always save it for a potential super reset combo which has saved my ass so many times. I feel like that reset (when it actually lands) more than makes up for all of the combos I could have meterburned for additional damage.

EDIT: Silly me. I meant Hurricane Bow not Savage Blast. Changed it.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Nice combo, but seems a little hard to do consistent (From reading it, haven't been able to try it), and you do need the ice arrow. I prefer to mix between *these 2 combos* in the corner or finish with hurricane bow for more damage but worse oki. Btw, what do you mean with "Savage Blow"? Do you mean savage blast? If so, I can'r really see how the opponent floats long enough for it to hit so late in the combo:eek:

*these 2 combos*