What's new

Guide Green Arrow Living Combo Thread

Seapeople

This one's for you

Biggest meterless combo for now, but I think we can get over 50% :)

B2 Meterless Wall Combos (probably only as a punish):
b2~df2, 111~db1, 111~slide = 43%/45%
b2~df2, 111~db1, 111~hurricane bow = 44%/47%
b2~df2, 111~db1, 11~low freeze, nj2, b23~slide = 45%/48%

B23 Meterless Wall Combo (with freeze arrow):
b23~low freeze, nj2, b2~df2, 111~db1, 111~slide = 45%/47%

113 Meterless Wall Combos (no arrows):
113~df2, 111~db1, 111~load arrow = 38%/40%
113~df2, 111~db1, 111~hurricane bow = 41%/44%
I haven't found any 113 corner combos with a freeze arrow yet that are worth using.

Anti Air:
AA 3~arrow, slide = 12% (If the slide whiffs you'll still be at advantage)
AA 3~freeze, b3, j2, 33~slide = 26%
AA 1, 111~slide = 20%
AA 1~freeze, b3, j2, 33~slide = 23%
AA 1, 11~freeze, b3, j2, 11~slide = 23%

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
What seems to be the best midscreen no freeze arrow BnB for you guys? I've been trying to do 113, ji2, 223 Hurricane Bow which does 30% but the ji2 is really hard to do, especially online. Any tips on how to land it better or a good alternative for a midscreen BnB? I've got decent freeze arrow combo but I wan't an option if I don't happen to have an arrow ready.
Also is the super reset after a 111 (on hit) a confirmed reset? A bot Harley might have just tech rolled out of mine, or I might have fucked it up and did the super after just 11.

Also what's up with his normal arrows? 1%? Seriously? :(

What seems to be the best midscreen no freeze arrow BnB for you guys? I've been trying to do 113, ji2, 223 Hurricane Bow which does 30% but the ji2 is really hard to do, especially online. Any tips on how to land it better or a good alternative for a midscreen BnB? I've got decent freeze arrow combo but I wan't an option if I don't happen to have an arrow ready.
Also is the super reset after a 111 (on hit) a confirmed reset? A bot Harley might have just tech rolled out of mine, or I might have fucked it up and did the super after just 11.

Also what's up with his normal arrows? 1%? Seriously? :(

I have been messing around with the bounce cancels since I find myself always sitting on a lot of meter for some reason, for example if I get a cross up j3, I would do 2, 2, wall bounce cancel, j3, 2,2, df+1 and it does 39% but idk if I should save up meter for the super reset cause that shit is always fun to do.

Didn't realize that that bounce cancels are 2 meters, I was playing on infinite meter and kept thinking it was only 1. lololol I suck back to the old drawing board

I'm having trouble with J2 after 113. Most of the combos I've seen here have that but I can't get the timing on it, Thanks in advance

Seapeople

This one's for you
here is some high damaging combos i did
111~super can be interrupted by everyone else's super, so there's at least a small gap there :/ I've tried to armor out like 200 times but nothing's worked yet. If they don't have 4 bars these set ups might be guaranteed.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Hmmm...I'm doing some pseudo lab stuff today since it my first day off since launch. I say pseudo because to see all the character endings I'm putting it on easy, playing Green Arrow and combo training against the free-ass AI then throwing the last bout so I can switch charactersto view all their endings.

While grinding and trying to come up with setups I came back to Air Dead On (jump db+1)
It covers a decent area from above with two arrows and stops you from falling. Its good to stay above some stuff like Ryu's air hado if you need hangtime, but I'm trying to use it as legitimate or maneuver and I noticed something.

AIR DEAD ON
damage=10
start up=15
recovery =-180
Hit Advantage=21
Block Advantage=-2

not too bad but followups for this give me no reason to do it over his regular jump ins and its startup begs to be AA-ed ,but check out its Meter Burn variant that vastly increases its range and more than doubles its damage.

AIR DEAD ON (mb)
damage=22
start up=3
recovery =-180
Hit Advantage=21
Block Advantage=-2

Thats a FAST startup and a lot of damage. Not certain of its followup potential but cant you OTG with this? Couldn't we be adding this at the end of a combo to maybe tack on an additional 22 damage? Given its range it might not have to be near a corner to do it either.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Fuuuuuu...no OTG. I must have hit them during a bounce before. At least I can douchebag your oki with it. Which way can you roll? You cant.

Reactions: 7L

7L

Heads up!
111~super can be interrupted by everyone else's super, so there's at least a small gap there :/ I've tried to armor out like 200 times but nothing's worked yet. If they don't have 4 bars these set ups might be guaranteed.
if aquaman supers, GA still launches you. Enjoy spending 4 bars and still taking 75%+

edit: most supers will come out but still get hit from GA

I didn't see these posted, but they've been what I've been working on/using:

113~Super~Ice Arrow~B3, J2, Hurricane Bow = 17 Hits, 43% damage.
111~Super~Ice Arrow~B3, Hurricane Bow = 15 Hits, 53% damage.
F2, D1, 3~Super~Ice Arrow~B3, J2, Hurricane Bow =17 Hits, 46% damage.
*All of these can be done without the super for around 20% to 25% damage.

F2, D1, 3~Ice Arrow, B3, Up Haven Blast MB, Crouching Arrow = 8 hits, 25% damage
F2, D1, 3~Ice Arrow, B3, Savage Blast MB = 7 hits, 24% damage.
F2, D1, 3~Ice Arrow, B3, Stinger MB = 7 hits, 25% damage.
F2, D1, 3~Ice Arrow, B3, J2, Hurricane Bow = 11 hits, 25% damage.

Context based (Needs a background to kick to):
11~RB(Background Bounce)~Ice Arrow~B3, Up Haven Blast MB = 7 Hits, 24% damage.
11~RB(Background Bounce)~Ice Arrow~B3, Stinger MB = 7 Hits, 25% damage.
11~RB(Background Bounce)~Ice Arrow~D2, Stinger MB = 7 Hits, 20% damage.
11~RB(Background Bounce)~Ice Arrow~B3~Super~J2, Hurricane Bow = 17 Hits, 37% damage.

As a newbie, I hope these help out.

Seapeople

This one's for you
if aquaman supers, GA still launches you. Enjoy spending 4 bars and still taking 75%+

edit: most supers will come out but still get hit from GA
I think that's just an issue of timing. If you're getting hit out of the super you're doing it a little too early. I tried it a bunch with several characters and they could all escape, even Aquaman. This makes me think that supers most likely all have a 1-2 frame window of invincibility just like in MK9.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Im trying to avoid supers in my combos that aren't my ender since in round 2 they'll clash me on any follow up attempt to recover life once my meter is blown and on round 1 most combos that end in super will likely finish off whatever health they have left on round 1 for me. Just trying to play that meter game early.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
J3 223 df1 = 30%
J3 b23 df1 = 31%
J3 b23 ex bf3 = 35%

If you read the header of the post, it says ex stinger if you have a bar, Hurricane if you don't.

There I rephrased it, you happy now Seapeople?

that shit almost never connects
That's your execution, I can land it most of the time.

^This is true though.

Seapeople

This one's for you
J3 223 df1 = 30%
J3 b23 df1 = 31%
J3 b23 ex bf3 = 35%

If you actually read the post, it says ex stinger.

That's your execution, I can land it most of the time.
I'm confused, your original post said...
"28% = jp 3 -> b13 xx Stinger"

I think he did actually read the post. (And I'd say it's a legit question because that combo is hella not worth it imo).
You've been calling people out on not reading your posts when I think you might be the one having that problem...

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I'm confused, your original post said...
"28% = jp 3 -> b13 xx Stinger"
Oh yeah I though he meant b23 in corner.

I think he did actually read the post. (And I'd say it's a legit question because that combo is hella not worth it imo).
You've been calling people out on not reading your posts when I think you might be the one having that problem...
How did I call him out?
The fuck have you been reading?
Cossner
Ji3 b13bf3? that shit almost never connects whereas Ji3 223df1 always does and does more damage.
Post it as a combo, tell hy3na to post it in the first post.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
The last super reset combo looked very tight! Maybe too tight? Usually it is hard to get away from the super with a backdash on wake up because you have to time it perfectly, but that last set up looked like a reversal backdash might get away from it on wake up? Still good stuff:)
yea i should have watched this before our ranbats last night lol forget ice arrows. i was so hard for me to try and sit on them for my resets. still learning how to get in with this character though...

Hellsign

One and only Hellsign :)
I'm really having a hard time connecting my combos on rank matches or on the AI like the one I do most is 113 then use freeze arrow but when I do hit the player I always get the 111 and I really can't connect them only on practice is it because I'm just greeting use to the stick?

I have a reliable mid screen and corner combo with out meter....and without a jump in.

midscreen with elec arrow
113, electric, dash, 223 xx hurricane bow = 29% with jump in 2 it's 33%
f2 d1 3, electric, dash, 223 xx hurricane bow = 27% with jump in i think 30%

Corner with elec arrow
f2 d1 3, electric, d2 nj2, 223 xx hurricane bow = ??? (don't remember but around 30)
113, electric, d2, nj2, 223 xx hurricane bow = 32 %

I've been trying to find the combo's that use 2 electric arrows but having a tough time of getting over 25%. Ds is my main right now but i knew Ga was definitely gonna be in the running....i just feel like u need meter to get decent dmg or super great timing...which takes the online out of the question for me. The input lag kills me....i drop combos and empty jump constantly.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
I find it almost impossible to play Green Arrow online tbh. His strings doesn't seem to lend themselves well to the online lag:/ I don't have this problem with other characters. Most of all f+2, d+1, 3 is impossilbe lol. The timing for the direction presses are all funky in lag:p

7L

Heads up!
I find it almost impossible to play Green Arrow online tbh. His strings doesn't seem to lend themselves well to the online lag:/ I don't have this problem with other characters. Most of all f+2, d+1, 3 is impossilbe lol. The timing for the direction presses are all funky in lag:p
I had the same problem with F2D13, hold f2 and then roll down your finger (or stick) for d1, don't press f2 then d1 individually, if you press them and roll it, it'll come out every time