What's new

Injustice Ultimate Edition Announced; Drops November 12th in NA

trufenix

bye felicia
The amazing stuff:
  • UMvC3: Released 9 months later, added 12 new characters, 9 stages, gameplay, interface and balance changes. New modes. $39,99. -"Ripoff!", "Burn to cinders, Cashcom!"
  • Injustice Ultimate Edition: 7 months later. Disc/patch locked content on the go...$49,99. -"NRS, best developer ever!"
Side note:
Seriously, NRS, is this your attempt to compete against Killer Instinct in the next generation? Wow...
This would be a bad but at least valid comparison if everything in Ultimate wasn't already available for sale and vanilla injustice players had to throw their discs away in two months like marvel players did.

D7MHellcat

Frozen Earth
I spent over $100 on Injustice for my console.
"Hey you should buy the same game again 7 months after release for retail price!!!!"
Aaaaaahahahaha
I don't like you THAT much NRS. Maybe if you bundled it with an MK 9 patch lol.
Is anyone really gonna buy this on PS4 when they already have it just because "muh next gen fuuuuttturee"?
I can't see a logical reason of getting a next gen system anytime soon besides KI hype, but even then $500 bucks is too steep for me.

P.S. Its pretty cool that its coming to PC already. For people that are into that.

Sami

Noob
Thank fuck I can start playing this properly again via the magic of PC (was playing in a borrowed 360 before). As for the no Xbone version - are there any 360 games getting re-released on the Xbone? It might be MS policy not to allow this kind of thing.

The real important question for the PC is whether it fully integrates into Steam or uses GFWL or some other abomination.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Sweet. Annoyed that this isn't on XB1. Hopefully the Ps4 version doesn't have the same problems the PS3 version had.

Thank fuck I can start playing this properly again via the magic of PC (was playing in a borrowed 360 before). As for the no Xbone version - are there any 360 games getting re-released on the Xbone? It might be MS policy not to allow this kind of thing.

The real important question for the PC is whether it fully integrates into Steam or uses GFWL or some other abomination.
It should use Steam. Mortal Kombat 9 port only used and steam and was generally really good. GFWL is being discontinued by July 2014. So I wouldn't worry about that. God I can't wait for the PC version.

Abbneto

God's only man, spared by the Butcher.
So has anyone seen anything on sticks not being able to be used on the next gen consoles?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
This would be a bad but at least valid comparison if everything in Ultimate wasn't already available for sale and vanilla injustice players had to throw their discs away in two months like marvel players did.
THIS.
UMVC3 was not just a single physical copy of dlc after a long period of expansion to make the game economical for new comers. UMVC3 had new moves for the rest of the cast, cast that would not be sold as DLC to vanilla owners, balance changes to the previous cast, system wide changes to TAC and meter and different modes that would come within a month to it that would never release to vanilla either (Galactus mode and Heroes and Heralds mode which needed local multiplayer. Folks at retail dont even know it exists.)

UMVC3 threw its previous supporters under the bus. Less than a year and your entire game is worthless. Injustice for those who bought and support it is still playable vs those with the utimate edition. Injustice isn't abandoned for Ultimate edition, and when one receives support the extra content goes to both which is a big deal.

Vanilla MVC3 didn't even have an upgrade to ultimate option through dlc to even try and let its audience still play the game vs the Ultimate players. At least we are expanding our community instead of dividing it unlike that game.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
All I know is I'm gonna be looking at that PC edition hard to get ahold of some unpackers. Raven needs a face lift.

zoofs

bless
They may sell but that doesn't mean people who don't play those 2 douchebags should be happy with the amount of costumes we get compared to them. They didn't think a Robin costume for NW would have sold like crazy?
I don't get why they didnt just release sinestro/black adam/kf skins... it doesnt matter if batman and superman sell more, it would barely cost anything at all to make those skins, they wouldnt need voice actors or anything.

D7MHellcat

Frozen Earth
You know what would be fun? If MK10 was PS4 exclusive.

And then we could have people siding with PS4/MK and Xbone/KI3 and have all kinds of fun arguments over the internet.

And by fun, I mean the worst thing in the world.
That would be fucking terrible for fans of video games. I hate console wars sometimes.

The ps4 is a better value tech wise but microsoft owns some of my favorite IPs. It sucks. So I'm getting neither.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Everyone talking shit on the DLC shutup, that is the least of our fucking problems man. I'm not mad because we aren't getting DLC (aside from the 8 characters that didn't get a single costumes aside from the default or regime/insurgency costumes). We got six REALLY solid characters and we should be happy about that. IDGAF if I didn't get the characters I wanted that isn't my issue because the characters I did get are great. My issue is that from the looks of it they aren't going to be touching the game anymore. I've got money that if a month or two from now if the game needs fixing again, whether it be balance issues or glitches found in the game or whatever, they aren't going to do a damn thing about. This is EXACTLY how things played out with MK9. They finished all the DLC, then packed up their shit, went on to the next project and never looked back.