What's new

Match-up Discussion Flash Matchup Discussion

SidTheHaze

25th place Tempest Lao
I wish I had the link for the vid, but going toe to toe with lex armor is tough and his range is pretty godlike against Flash. I do not even think Lex is advantaged in the match up but I have little experience at all playing a decent Lex.
Well i play a little lex and i found that jump 2 or d1 2 can help alot against his armor and once he's down mb f3 will beat out everything lex has.....past that knowledge, i have no clue on how to deal with him.

I heard on the stream that mb LC jails lex even when ducking idk how true this is since i never fought a decent lex, but the matchup doesnt look all that bad i think u was just mindfked by the unknown lol. U gave clints lex too much respect

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I heard on the stream that mb LC jails lex even when ducking idk how true this is since i never fought a decent lex, but the matchup doesnt look all that bad i think u was just mindfked by the unknown lol. U gave clints lex too much respect

It wouldn't really work like that. It hits Martian even when he's ducking but it's still punishable..

But yeah. I agree. Not many play Lex so most of us don't know much about him.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
hey guys so i recently played the beast that is REO's MMH. imho this MU is bad as of right now for flash. his orbs act like ice clone, MB ORB is ridiculous, and his pillars and overhead projectile frame traps after a push is pretty gdlk. the only reason this or any MU is winnable at all is flash's insane damage and comeback potential, along with his rushdown. me and reo played a total of 44 games. in this video he wins a ft10 10 - 7. the overall set was him 25 me 19. keep in mind this was not a challenge to reo like " yo bro ft25 me, btw get babied bro" it was just friendly online casuals against a friend like all the MU matches i post. and again this is online and also take into consideration that MMH came out a week ago. reo could find more tech and get better with his character and make this MU look 9 - 1 LOL but anyways here the vid.
AK Harold
gishtezashqip7797
GGA Dizzy you should pick up injustice again and main the flash :)
SaJa
Xenrail
LEGEND
AK Juggs
Tom Brady
AK Pig Of The Hut
Hellion_96
AYSAMO
Awesomo
BoricuaHeat
SEV
SidTheHaze
someone please tag MMH mains in here as well and discuss.

NOTE: also i do realize the video is long for those of you that are busy or what not so maybe you can watch a game or two or w/e. just use this as an opportunity to see what the MU plays like when flash plays MMH at a decently high level (cuz LBSH am the worst flash ever).

a note about why i think the flash is top 3 (yes i know right me) @ 43:43 of the video is why the flash imo doesn't lose MU as bad as he should so if you watch something in a video watch @ 43:43 and that is why i believe he is top 3, he is ridiculous, that is all.
imo that mu is not bad, its just reo.
youre respecting the meterless orbs too much. Their hitbox are pretty shady and easy to dash through.
I actually thought this was one of mmh's trickier mu's

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Ok guys I noticed something weird against HG.. When she is crouched if you do d1d2 (maybe other strings) into far sonic pound you'll get the close one and if you do the close one you'll get the far one, WTF ?

Zyphox

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Ok guys I noticed something weird against HG.. When she is crouched if you do d1d2 (maybe other strings) into far sonic pound you'll get the close one and if you do the close one you'll get the far one, WTF ?

Zyphox
O.O i'll test this

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

Zyphox

The ultimate mix up!

.......when even you're mixed up with your mix up.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I just wanna touch on the catwomen match-up for a second and give my thoughts....5-5 possibly 6-4 (flash) given the fact he only has to touch u once for big damage...

Catwomen's Main Tools in MU:
Jump 2
50/50 overhead low starters
Full screen mb cat scratch( punishible both version)
Pretty good d1
----------------
For me i got blown up by my fellow KH member starcharger particularly because i never played a good CW, but in this matchup i found it actually easier for flash to stay out of range of CW and only go in when the time feels right, i say this because her j2 is good for keeping flash in check, and has ridiculous range and she can go into a 50/50 from it for good range, also i cant get my normal setups i use because her wake ups completely gets her out of the setup, unless i bait it then i get a full combo punish. MB LC is flashes best friend in this matchup, also thank god for his godlike dash in, allows for quick ways to get get in for a d1 or ji2 to start pressure...what are u guys thoughts on this MU?
Full screen MB cat dash actually isn't punishable. Up until around 3/4 its unpunishable. Regular one is always punishable though.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Not that Im aware of. But we need to play some more sets again when the lag isn't being stupid
Yeah.. I'm starting to use the D-Stroker again....

You're gonna love it.

PS: His Oki is pretty execution heavy though so idk how it's gonna be online.

Folux182

Noob
Yeah.. I'm starting to use the D-Stroker again....

You're gonna love it.

PS: His Oki is pretty execution heavy though so idk how it's gonna be online.
Haha it'll be fun i have a lot of fun using Deathstroke but i just know how to show guns and flip

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Can someone tell me what is the advantage/disadvantage on block of the LK MB ? I got d1, scooped by aquaman everytime he uses is trait on my starter Y_Y

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Ill be back in about three weeks. School starts like the end of the month so itll be awhile but im totally ready to start having an offline scene again

Awesome... Get ready for Superman though. This Saturday's top 4 was:

1st: Superman
2nd: Superman
3rd: Superman
4th: Superman

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Can someone tell me what is the advantage/disadvantage on block of the LK MB ? I got d1, scooped by aquaman everytime he uses is trait on my starter Y_Y

Yeah. Aquaman kan trait up and punish you with D1 for that. That's why you're supposed to use Sonic Pound MB for kombos against him.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
So what do you flash players think about gl vs flash?
Right now I think 6-4 Gl possibly 5-5 tho.

I think most of my MUs are leveling out at 5/5 nowadays. GL though is so good though it is hard to rate that. I think it is close enough to consider it a 5/5 since most of it comes down to the players using the characters.

SEV

Noob
I think its 6-4 GL if they play the MU lame, which would technically exploiting the character at the highest level. His tools are too good at keeping the Flash out. Between the push back on his minigun, and his shorter recovery time and good duration of his trait GL can lame out way too well for too long in my opinion.