What's new

Match-up Discussion Flash Matchup Discussion

I think its 6-4 GL if they play the MU lame, which would technically exploiting the character at the highest level. His tools are too good at keeping the Flash out. Between the push back on his minigun, and his shorter recovery time and good duration of his trait GL can lame out way too well for too long in my opinion.

I think its 6-4 GL if they play the MU lame, which would technically exploiting the character at the highest level. His tools are too good at keeping the Flash out. Between the push back on his minigun, and his shorter recovery time and good duration of his trait GL can lame out way too well for too long in my opinion.
GL can only push with bullet on MB if you stay in tight on him he won't be able to build to much of a meter advantage. Just have to be aggressive with dashing on his aerial game.

Lol, BA isn't that bad man. Just remember you can crush his overhead string and lightning with d2. Also he is pretty free in the corner once he gets backed up. It probably IS 6-4, but at the same time when I play I feel it is 5-5 right now. Rico did blow me up pretty bad before, but I hadn't had a chance to rematch him since CEO.

and 6-4 is not unwinnable just difficult. For all the good matchups we have I think it is only fair to have a bad match up here n there.

Hey buddies, if you guys can sift through my matches and breakdown that hawkgirl matchup. I have a tough time with it with Flash. Also, I was dropping things left and right since I hadn't been able to practice very much the last couple weeks. Any critique would be fine to be honest as far as what to ADD if possible would be preferable. Again, thanks guys for always helping out. As a bonus there is a match of me beating BA.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/ak-reno-racks-wins-atlanta-kombat-arena-5.38108/

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Hey buddies, if you guys can sift through my matches and breakdown that hawkgirl matchup. I have a tough time with it with Flash. Also, I was dropping things left and right since I hadn't been able to practice very much the last couple weeks. Any critique would be fine to be honest as far as what to ADD if possible would be preferable. Again, thanks guys for always helping out. As a bonus there is a match of me beating BA.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/ak-reno-racks-wins-atlanta-kombat-arena-5.38108/

COOL ! I'm going to watch it right now !
You saying Flash is ok against BA, but smargasm was your "bête noire" from what I've seen in the previews tournaments that's why your opinion surprises me. You are top 2, looks great ;)

Sup with Zatanna ? Good bad character ? Hard to master ? I kind of drop her waiting other finding dirts because she takes a while to be acostumed to her tools.

Gratz to AK Reno_Racks also, he couldn't make it on mk9 because of Rain's weaknesses and here he goes.

EDIT : This is what I think after playing Boodendorf :

Against HG the best thing you can do is ending a combo with b22f3, RMS foward, NJ2. It punishes all her wakeups.

Never do b22f3 on block because f3 will ALWAYS whiff if she is crouched. Flash's charge can punish HG's charge. On trades, HG wins.
Up close never crouch, she has instant divekick (overhead), mace MB, db22 and 22.

Pushblock is great against HG !

Empty RMS aren't good in this matchup I think. She has charges and air projectiles. Better dashing since it's faster x)

Best option after db2, 3 (hg) is probably d2. Trepound grabs you as fuck lol. Boodendorf prefers instant divekick. Flash's D2 can punish both.

I did play Boodendorf a while ago. He gave up igau so I can't improve anymore in that matchup. This is online, so take it with a grain de sel.

YOLO game :

This matchup is fucked up online because you can't use speed dodge properly and anticipate HG's mace.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
I never been this salty in my entire life. I just went 20-0 against the same guy. He was using BA,Superman,batman. I always came so close beating his superman, but all he had to do is wager my corner combo and lame it out. BA's ass is mine after next tuesday :). how the hell am I suppose to pressure batman? those bats make everything safe. there has to be a way against his stupid cross overs. god damn so much salt. He was a darn good batman following every unsafe string with bats, interactable combos and all that cool shit l0l

-any advice would be appreciated.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
pressure batman : b22, d1d2, f2, and gogo sonic pound.

Guys : f3 punish Zod's bf3's wakeup ! Zyphox did find the same way to punish Sinestro's wakeup but it was harder. I guess f3 has a very big potential against wakeups. I will look into it.

Galactic Geek

Losing is learning; winning is succeeding.
I find that as a Lex Luthor player, I can beat most Flash players rather easily - he simply has the tools needed to put a literal stop to Flash's momentum. Let's review:

#1.) Gravity Mine - try charging when this thing is on the ground.
#2.) Lance Blast - try charging when this is coming at you.
#3.) Corp Charge - getting the picture yet?
#4.) Energy Shield - yeah, I thought so...

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
I find that as a Lex Luthor player, I can beat most Flash players rather easily - he simply has the tools needed to put a literal stop to Flash's momentum. Let's review:

When Lex has armor yeah he is in control of the whole match, however that's just it Lex has to put in the work while all flash has to do is get one good knockdown and he can begin his game. A good corp charge could lead into a safe probe or mine. Good read after read and yeah Lex will win but damn its a hard mountain to climb against a passive aggressive flash player who knows how to utilize his anti wake up and trait game.

If I am missing something on Lex I would love to know, just started playing him a couple of weeks ago.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Guys, since Harley's b22 range has been nerfed it seems that she can't punish Flash's normal charge (bf2) at a certain range (she can punish it with b22 or d3 only if flash is next to harley once he uses the charge).

So basicly, we can spam the lightning charge against her from now (as well as flash can spam the lightning charge MB against Bane and DD). Oo

AK Harold
Zyphox
AK SaltFace

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.

thats weird because when i play lex luthor players, some of the best in the world it usually doesn't revolve around me spamming charge over and over lol 7-3 flash lex's only hope is guessing right 20 times in a match.

Guys, since Harley's b22 range has been nerfed it seems that she can't punish Flash's normal charge (bf2) at a certain range (she can punish it with b22 or d3 only if flash is next to harley once he uses the charge).

So basicly, we can spam the lightning charge against her from now (as well as flash can spam the lightning charge MB against Bane and DD). Oo

AK Harold
Zyphox
AK SaltFace
Unfortunately, I have not had the pleasure of playing Saltface since patch.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Unfortunately, I have not had the pleasure of playing Saltface since patch.

Spam him once you are at a jump distance or further ! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Unless he found something but those are the faster/longer moves HQ got to punish it so..

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator

AK Harold
Zyphox
AK SaltFace
And this is why I'm bout to quit this game...bullshit like this...my buff turned out to be a huge nerf.

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
Flash's normal charge should be punishable by everyone tho, -20 on block at least should allow for a reversal special or sweep at the most.

Zyphox

guys, lets get some discussion going on the Flash Vs Aquaman MU. i know Tom Brady will hate me for posting this video but after i said that flash beats aquaman and some agreeing with him we did it the old fashion way. now to brady's defense he says this stage is bad for this MU and after these 10 online matches we started trading games. i always stop recording at 10 wins either side to save space. the final series score before i had to go was 25 - 14 so it was looking more like a 5 - 5 MU than a 6 - 4 in either favor. but i will not say its set in stone a 5 - 5 or 6 - 4 in either favor. we have to get a feel for playing other high level representations of our characters as well. so maybe he does okay against me but demolishes another high level flash, or gets his back blown out by another, and vice versa for me. also there is commentary included for about 11 minutes if you guys wanna listen, and sorry for no game sound too.

SaJa
LEGEND
Hellion_96
Xenrail
Rebelo
AK Pig Of The Hut
EMPEROR_THEO
BoricuaHeat
AK Harold
SEV
keep forgetting who to tag in these lol

ANY DISCUSS!!!

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Brady doesn't like b22 ^^

I won't talk about the matchup here but why do you still use starter MB, 11, b22f3 combo ? Better use starter MB, d2, b3, ji3, b22f3 because it does more damage, you have thousand of gimmicks behind the b3, and you also push the opponent pretty quickly in the corner which is the best Flash' spot (KDZ should play the Flash because his metagame is to go to the corner for big damage).

Another thing, online the best damaging/viable combo I've got starting from trait + RMSlide is LKx2, b22, LK, b22f3, charge for 50%. Don't know if you knew or not but in case.

Zyphox

Brady doesn't like b22 ^^

I won't talk about the matchup here but why do you still use starter MB, 11, b22f3 combo ? Better use starter MB, d2, b3, ji3, b22f3 because it does more damage, you have thousand of gimmicks behind the b3, and you also push the opponent pretty quickly in the corner which is the best Flash' spot (KDZ should play the Flash because his metagame is to go to the corner for big damage).

Another thing, online the best damaging/viable combo I've got starting from trait + RMSlide is LKx2, b22, LK, b22f3, charge for 50%. Don't know if you knew or not but in case.
just habit for the fist combo, and as for RMSslide you can do X5 LK b22f3 super for 70% or slide X5 b22f3 LC for 57%

SaJa

FH_FenriR
just habit for the fist combo, and as for RMSslide you can do X5 LK b22f3 super for 70% or slide X5 b22f3 LC for 57%

I'll never do it online that's why I'm giving you a good online one, as well as special MB, traitLKx5, b2, LK, b22f3 charge isn't consistent enough online and I've seen you mostly using special MB trait, LKx3, b22, LK, b22f3 charge on that video which is better on that shit delay imo.

SidTheHaze

25th place Tempest Lao
I actually got a chance to play tom brady offline at a small tourney a week ago and i beat him 3-0, then after the tourney he beat me 3-2 in a ft3, so i think its a pretty even match up. you just gotta keep out of b1 2 range, punish whiffed moves, and get in the habit of using sonic pound combos rather than LK combos.

SEV

Noob
I think it's a 5-5 MU, but at times it feels like it can be 6-4 for either. Just dependent upon who gets the first combo in my opinion because it seems the defensive player has the advantage in this MU as it can be risky to start pressure in the footsie game for both players between Aquaman's range, Flash's walkspeed, and the fact that both characters have solid defensive tools.

guys, lets get some discussion going on the Flash Vs Aquaman MU. i know Tom Brady will hate me for posting this video but after i said that flash beats aquaman and some agreeing with him we did it the old fashion way. now to brady's defense he says this stage is bad for this MU and after these 10 online matches we started trading games. i always stop recording at 10 wins either side to save space. the final series score before i had to go was 25 - 14 so it was looking more like a 5 - 5 MU than a 6 - 4 in either favor. but i will not say its set in stone a 5 - 5 or 6 - 4 in either favor. we have to get a feel for playing other high level representations of our characters as well. so maybe he does okay against me but demolishes another high level flash, or gets his back blown out by another, and vice versa for me. also there is commentary included for about 11 minutes if you guys wanna listen, and sorry for no game sound too.

SaJa
LEGEND
Hellion_96
Xenrail
Rebelo
AK Pig Of The Hut
EMPEROR_THEO
BoricuaHeat
AK Harold
SEV
keep forgetting who to tag in these lol

ANY DISCUSS!!!

"I recorded this but lost 14-11 after but forgot to record that"..... typical

IMO that one stage is a pain in the ass because Flash can jump off of BOTH objects which are both in the corner. For me to remove those objects costs me damage + now i'm cornered. It gives Flash offense that he normally wouldn't have..

We played on 3 other stages in which Flash was def over matched hence losing 14-11. Maybe i'm not used to that stage vs Flash, but I def feel that is "his stage"...

Again Mr. "I forgot to record me losing 14-11" Zyphox.. OOOPS..