What's new

Match-up Discussion Flash Matchup Discussion

Brady doesn't like b22 ^^

I won't talk about the matchup here but why do you still use starter MB, 11, b22f3 combo ? Better use starter MB, d2, b3, ji3, b22f3 because it does more damage, you have thousand of gimmicks behind the b3, and you also push the opponent pretty quickly in the corner which is the best Flash' spot (KDZ should play the Flash because his metagame is to go to the corner for big damage).

Another thing, online the best damaging/viable combo I've got starting from trait + RMSlide is LKx2, b22, LK, b22f3, charge for 50%. Don't know if you knew or not but in case.

I got give a fuck about B22.. dude.. If only Zyphox kept recording. Funny how when the mu changes around ppl always seem to have stopped recording.

At ANY point Zyphox could have said to himself "hmmm Flash is losing now, I should start recording now and show some of these matches now that the mu seems different"..

I hate recorded matches because the guy recording can ALWAYS make things seem a different way based on when they decide to record and stop.

Anyway, about the mu...

In the games Zypox *cough* didnt record..

He struggled to get in without 2 objects in both corners to jump off of. It wasn't Aquaman using FTD from range and eating punishment, it was Flash throwing out random lightning charge and MB lightning charge and eating damage. Zyphox also got mixed up A LOT after being knocked down (something he said aquaman can't do), forcing him to throw out wu attacks and getting punished.

sadly.. he "stopped recording"

6-4 Aquaman...

Also.. i don't even judge the matches with Sid as a "here is the mu" because I was half asleep. I traveled across the country on a red eye that morning to visit a friend in MCV hospital because he had a tumor removed that the Dr's believed was cancer. I didn't even plan to make any tourney, and a 7 man one at that. Then I had to hop back on the plane after. I just said "ehh.. he played better than I did today" and not "wow.. even mu"

Primal Raptor

Quan-Cheesy
Anyway, about the mu...

In the games Zypox *cough* didnt record..

He struggled to get in without 2 objects in both corners to jump off of. It wasn't Aquaman using FTD from range and eating punishment, it was Flash throwing out random lightning charge and MB lightning charge and eating damage. Zyphox also got mixed up A LOT after being knocked down (something he said aquaman can't do), forcing him to throw out wu attacks and getting punished.

sadly.. he "stopped recording"

6-4 Aquaman...

Also.. i don't even judge the matches with Sid as a "here is the mu" because I was half asleep. I traveled across the country on a red eye that morning to visit a friend in MCV hospital because he had a tumor removed that the Dr's believed was cancer. I didn't even plan to make any tourney, and a 7 man one at that. Then I had to hop back on the plane after. I just said "ehh.. he played better than I did today" and not "wow.. even mu"

Poor T. Brady. These hounds haven't left you alone since the Sub-Zero and Kung Lao days. Back when you used to be the idol of all [ban incoming]y Kung Lao players.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
We played on 3 other stages in which Flash was def over matched hence losing 14-11. Maybe i'm not used to that stage vs Flash, but I def feel that is "his stage"...

No, the best Flash stage is the pig one because he has speed dodge.

I still think it's 6-4 aquaman. If Flash can't use his LK MB against Aquaman so he just needs to d2 the sonic pound to punish your starter.

No, the best Flash stage is the pig one because he has speed dodge.

I still think it's 6-4 aquaman. If Flash can't use his LK MB against Aquaman so he just needs to d2 the sonic pound to punish your starter.

no, Aquaman has a lot of OTGs on that stage. That is not a stage favorable to him in this mu.

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
"I recorded this but lost 14-11 after but forgot to record that"..... typical

IMO that one stage is a pain in the ass because Flash can jump off of BOTH objects which are both in the corner. For me to remove those objects costs me damage + now i'm cornered. It gives Flash offense that he normally wouldn't have..

We played on 3 other stages in which Flash was def over matched hence losing 14-11. Maybe i'm not used to that stage vs Flash, but I def feel that is "his stage"...

Again Mr. "I forgot to record me losing 14-11" Zyphox.. OOOPS..
so what was the final score ? 14-11 for you?

Don't know whether this has been updated or not, but the GL mu is NOT 5-5. One of, if not our worst matchup. B1 and F3 (Which is practically an invincible wakeup) completely shut us down up close. These days I'd rather play Aquaman....not that that one isn't up there too. Good GL's put Flash in a deadzone, and make us rely on attempting to get ahead on damage and turtle it out, hoping for mistakes.

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
5-5, maybe 6-4 in the future Flash's favor. Gotta get to play a true high level Aquaman to have a say in the matter. But as it stands in the moment its 5-5 for me.

Aquamarine can't throw projectiles and if he so much as whiff's one normal, its a knockdown into Flash's insane mix up game. I would love to know what Arthur's got over Flash if someone could enlighten me.

SEV

Noob
You just need to plan around his trait. If Aquaman has trait up you can only go for our standing vortex; even after you open him up you can't meter burn combos, unless if you confirm into Sonic Pound. Let them pop trait, then the next time you open him up go for the launcher. Play footsies between just outside of Aquaman's B2/Scoop range and Flash's Lightning Charge punish range, bide your time and look to punish a mistake. If Aquaman has the life lead it's definitely an uphill battle, but be patient, defensive even if needed, and slowly back his ass to the corner. I think it's 5-5 but if it favors anyone it would probably be Aquaman.

SEV

Noob
Don't know whether this has been updated or not, but the GL mu is NOT 5-5. One of, if not our worst matchup. B1 and F3 (Which is practically an invincible wakeup) completely shut us down up close. These days I'd rather play Aquaman....not that that one isn't up there too. Good GL's put Flash in a deadzone, and make us rely on attempting to get ahead on damage and turtle it out, hoping for mistakes.
I think it's 6-4 GL as well; however, the way most GL players use the character it's 5-5. It's a difficult MU for GL though in the sense that they have all the tools that they need for it to be a winning MU but they need to make the proper reads otherwise they can get blown up for making the wrong ones, and they can't just play safe because they can back themselves into the corner pretty fast.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Compare Tom and yours tournament records though.
?? what does that have to do the flash vs aquaman MU? so what i beat him in an online set lol stop being brady's groopie he has enough of them already, i never said i was better than tom.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
?? what does that have to do the flash vs aquaman MU? so what i beat him in an online set lol stop being brady's groopie he has enough of them already, i never said i was better than tom.
I was just poking fun. I deleted this original response because I shouldn't escalate this for no reason.

Zyphox

While I was originally poking fun the same way you do, there is truth to my statement. Why do you throw out online set numbers all the time if you aren't trying to prove anything or use it as credibility? You always say "i beat so and so 1000-13" then when someone says who cares- you say " Shutup i'm not trying to say i'm better than them".EVERY stream I'm in, every thread, you toss out how you beat Tom brady or other people online. I wish you would drop these stories like you do your combos in tourney.

Hold that. Now can we hug?
lol first of all when do i throw out match numbers in EVERY thread, stream chat etc i rarely ever do that and never say anything without proof either. and can i ask who are you? do you go to offline tournaments? do you know tom brady IRL? play with people offline? i threw out online sets to prove the MU is not in aquamans favor. its 5 - 5. i like how you result in using something you know of me to try to insult me, but am at a disadvantage the only things i know from you is over exaggerate and you're bipolar lol

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
lol first of all when do i throw out match numbers in EVERY thread, stream chat etc i rarely ever do that and never say anything without proof either. and can i ask who are you? do you go to offline tournaments? do you know tom brady IRL? play with people offline? i threw out online sets to prove the MU is not in aquamans favor. its 5 - 5. i like how you result in using something you know of me to try to insult me, but am at a disadvantage the only things i know from you is over exaggerate and you're bipolar lol
Lol. Well I deleted the original response because it was unecessary. HOWEVER, even if I NEVER Played offline i would have the same amount of success as you have had in this game. So you are not in a position to even make such a response. And no I don't know him. I don't see the correlation between the irrelevance of your online sets with players to me being a groupie. You can't go around tossing out set numbers and IMMEDIATELY reply to anyone that say anything " I"M NOT SAYING IM BETTER GUYS I'M JUST SAYING IM THE FLASH IRL AND I BEAT HIM". Either man up and say what you actually believe (that you do believe you are better because you beat them in an online set) or don't mention it at all. And yes I play offline and I have won as many tourney matches as you have, next to zer0.

Zyphox

Lol. Well I deleted the original response because it was unecessary. HOWEVER, even if I NEVER Played offline i would have the same amount of success as you have had in this game. So you are not in a position to even make such a response. And no I don't know him. I don't see the correlation between the irrelevance of your online sets with players to me being a groupie. You can't go around tossing out set numbers and IMMEDIATELY reply to anyone that say anything " I"M NOT SAYING IM BETTER GUYS I'M JUST SAYING IM THE FLASH IRL AND I BEAT HIM". Either man up and say what you actually believe (that you do believe you are better because you beat them in an online set) or don't mention it at all. And yes I play offline and I have won as many tourney matches as you have, next to zer0.
lol okay so 2nd at NLBC, 5th at infinite crisis, 5th at the break, 24th at SJ is next to zero? and in those tournaments the only players i lost too were good players or characters that give flash a hard time, like king and jrosa at SJ. rico at NLBC, rico and jrosa at the break, rico and chris G at infinite crisis, so please get your facts straight. i never believe i am the better player after an online set, you CANNOT TELL ME WHAT I THINK. so please name the tournaments you have been to with stream archive, placings etc.....groopie