What's new

Match-up Discussion Flash Matchup Discussion

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
lol okay so 2nd at NLBC, 5th at infinite crisis, 5th at the break, 24th at SJ is next to zero? and in those tournaments the only players i lost too were good players or characters that give flash a hard time, like king and jrosa at SJ. rico at NLBC, rico and jrosa at the break, rico and chris G at infinite crisis, so please get your facts straight. i never believe i am the better player after an online set, you CANNOT TELL ME WHAT I THINK. so please name the tournaments you have been to with stream archive, placings etc.....groopie
Bro I can get top 8 in a tourney with 7 people too

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
You could've recorded more. For people to see how the match goes both ways, not just the video you posted where u pretty much blow him up.
i can't i don't have much space on my HDD anymore so i have settle for ft10 for recording. i'm too lazy to go delete my files :)

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Bro I can get top 8 in a tourney with 7 people too
lol which tourney had 7 people? infinite crisis had around 35, the break and NLBC are weekly tournaments that gather a lot of people weekly, when i went to NLBC there were at least 22+people for injustice, at the break there was 15, at SJ there were 180+. but yeah whatever dude you're just a nobody talking shit that can't prove anything.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
While you are in your feelings can you check if there is any more room in there for me?
And you calling anyone a nobody gives the implication that you actually believe you are someone yourself. LOL man, hilarious.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
i can't i don't have much space on my HDD anymore so i have settle for ft10 for recording. i'm too lazy to go delete my files :)

When you wanna make a video about a specific matchup you should wait for the warm up first. Wait like 10 games, and then start to record that we can see something more representative. Especially online, there is always an "adaptation time" for those acostumed to play offline.

And it's better for viewers to see something less one sided. ;)

Calm down ppl...

he went up 14-0

then lost 14-11

Who knows.. maybe I was just off? I assure you that is not the normal for me to go down 14-0 and then have a 14-11 lead over the next 25 games.

The mu is probably even.. IMO going up 14-0 and the final score being 25-14 means somewhere the mu changed...

Zyphox played 2 sets where i was down 14-10 and 13-10 making the total 27-20 so far today. A LOT happens online for both players, so when you play online, close scores are usually due to even mu's at high level.

thatgoon24

Morphio24
While you are in your feelings can you check if there is any more room in there for me?
And you calling anyone a nobody gives the implication that you actually believe you are someone yourself. LOL man, hilarious.
what has you so convinced the zyphox is a nobody? 2nd at NLBC, 5th at infinite crisis, 5th at the break, 24th at SJ. is it this? the fact that he won 25-14 to your beloved tom brady(not to insult tom brady or take anything away from him)? is this it? calling ZYPHOX a nobody on a FLASH thread.. your so ignorant.

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
What the Flash titties is going on with this thread!? We can duke it out to solve a simple discussion on the forum come on now, back on topic.

Just got finished getting my ass handed to me by WoWo, then I got back on my feet and decimated her too. Barry and Diana have some real good corner/mid screen mix ups of a knockdown probably both just as ambiguous.

Approaching Diana is tricky, need to land one good sonic pound to get things started, I could add more but so far 5-5 match up for me.

Yeah just stream a match so at least it will be entertaining to everyone else :p. WoWo is a tough fight imo. Someone with good spacing using WoWo is a nightmare.

BoricuaHeat

Yeah just stream a match so at least it will be entertaining to everyone else :p. WoWo is a tough fight imo. Someone with good spacing using WoWo is a nightmare.
That Lasso man, I thought GL was the only instance I would have to deal with this out class of range! Didn't know WoWo kept her OTG too, makes this a battle of the corners match up. On another note, I feel bad for Joker, Flash can duck all of his mids and escape most of his teeth set ups (just picked Joker up), seems like a really harsh match up for the clown.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
I never had a problem against shazam, until last night.
I literally Could not combo him.
Teleports and torpedos all over the place.
I couldn't do my usual wake up pressure. I was so scare to whiff, whenever i whiffed it was death.
how do you guys deal with shazam?

thatgoon24

Morphio24
How does Flash deal with Nightwing? This pressure seemed impossible to stop i literally spend half the match just blocking. The only time i was able to do good was in the corner when he was in staff stance because he doesnt really have a good wakeup to escape F3. but in escrimas he has flip kick as a wu option. nightwing just has to make sure he isnt caught in the corner with staff, outside of the corner staff stance controls mid range though. even in escrimas he still can control mid range i feel like. i just felt out of control every match. i wasn't playing at my best like i was dropping combos and doing LC instead of b22f3, i could sit here and make excuses like my camera was where i sit to play and thats why i was doing bad lol.. but all and all i feel like this matchup is just hard for flash. maybe 6-4 NW but when i play like 7-3 lol... heres the video.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I never had a problem against shazam, until last night.
I literally Could not combo him.
Teleports and torpedos all over the place.
I couldn't do my usual wake up pressure. I was so scare to whiff, whenever i whiffed it was death.
how do you guys deal with shazam?

When Shazam wanna wakeup don't try resets or stuffs like that, just wait his way out from his teleport. For torpedo I guess you gotta speed dodge.

thatgoon24 : use d1d2 more often. NW & GL are my worst matchup, and NW is very good online because you don't see his stick overhead coming where you suppose to.

Don't use b22 when you stoke to him because it's 15f.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
is it known that f2 sonic pound crosses up unless you do the close range one on hit?

also, if youre ever cornered and pressured badly you can do any normal into far mb sonic pound into trait to instantly escape pressure and force them to pushblock, you can do it off of a d1/d2

BoricuaHeat

is it known that f2 sonic pound crosses up unless you do the close range one on hit?

also, if youre ever cornered and pressured badly you can do any normal into far mb sonic pound into trait to instantly escape pressure and force them to pushblock, you can do it off of a d1/d2
Yeah F2 sonic pound tech is known and dirty.

You mean have them block a d1d2 and go for a sonic pound mb into trait or whiff a sonic pound into trait to escape corner pressure?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yeah F2 sonic pound tech is known and dirty.

You mean have them block a d1d2 and go for a sonic pound mb into trait or whiff a sonic pound into trait to escape corner pressure?
basically anything into far sonic pound mb in the corner into trait, on whiff you must be at + if you cancel into trait, reverses the pressure situation and you trade one bar + trait for a bar of their own

SaJa

FH_FenriR
basically anything into far sonic pound mb in the corner into trait, on whiff you must be at + if you cancel into trait, reverses the pressure situation and you trade one bar + trait for a bar of their own

So this is useless ?

BoricuaHeat

Just to get it out of the way, you're profile picture is freaky yo. I love it.

This great to know, makes them commit to not having any holes in their pressure fearing the fact that the flash can reverse it with a clean d1d2.

You can also escape any knockdown jump mix up they attempt with a simple lighting charge and bom, out of the corner. In fact if they even try to jump at you in the corner when you're down, just lighting charge outta there.