What's new

Match-up Discussion Flash Matchup Discussion

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
No, I get that proper trait use and MB 'rangs are fucked up. But 10-0? Get out of here.

Batman is one of the few match ups in which you fools cannot just mash forward to get in and do 50/50 mix ups.
Actually, it is one of the matchups that we can just go in repeatedly till dead. Just have to finish everything with hard knockdown and bats is free on wakeup. Still getting to that point is a pain in the ass so I would say it is still slight favor to Batman, especially on corner bomb stages. You really can't corner him on those.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
Concerning the Raven match up, although it can be a frustrating match, I don't really think it's 6-4 in raven's favour. If you get a life lead on her, she can't really do anything if you just run away and crouch block. Obviously up close Flash devastates her. If you can get a trait combo off of a punish in the first round, I think it's best to try and turtle her out and save all of your meter for MB lightning charge punishes on any blocked grab attempts.

If she uses her trait and tries to chip you with pillars, you really just have to find the sweet spots on the screen and continue to turtle. If you force her to come to you, I think Flash wins.

Having said all of this, if she gets a life lead on Flash, well, good luck I guess. Shadow ravens and squeezes can make it very tough to get in as shadow raven seems like it has almost no recovery. This match feels very 5-5 to me, depending on who gets the advantage early. I guess Flash has a slight advantage in come back factor, but I don't think it's enough to push the match in his favour.

Concerning the Raven match up, although it can be a frustrating match, I don't really think it's 6-4 in raven's favour. If you get a life lead on her, she can't really do anything if you just run away and crouch block. Obviously up close Flash devastates her. If you can get a trait combo off of a punish in the first round, I think it's best to try and turtle her out and save all of your meter for MB lightning charge punishes on any blocked grab attempts.

I feel pretty confident in this matchup. You can punish soul crush on block and her trait chip can be negated by chaining speed dodges. It is infinitely harder for her to read Flash movement to avoid pillars too. Her average damage is pretty devastating with meter so get in to punish range so that she cannot spam meter build. There is also a nice sweet spot against her wake ups with a jump in where she has to constantly block

Solo_Is_The_Name

Flash In Training.

I feel pretty confident in this matchup. You can punish soul crush on block and her trait chip can be negated by chaining speed dodges. It is infinitely harder for her to read Flash movement to avoid pillars too. Her average damage is pretty devastating with meter so get in to punish range so that she cannot spam meter build. There is also a nice sweet spot against her wake ups with a jump in where she has to constantly block

If she uses her trait and tries to chip you with pillars, you really just have to find the sweet spots on the screen and continue to turtle. If you force her to come to you, I think Flash wins.

Having said all of this, if she gets a life lead on Flash, well, good luck I guess. Shadow ravens and squeezes can make it very tough to get in as shadow raven seems like it has almost no recovery. This match feels very 5-5 to me, depending on who gets the advantage early. I guess Flash has a slight advantage in come back factor, but I don't think it's enough to push the match in his favour.
With the information that's in the matchup of each character is what I found from the discussion of reading :coffee: 440 posts and going through 16 pages you guys had. I could have over read something or missed a page, but if anyone feels that the information is something else or its outdated please feel free discuss it like the two of you were just doing. I rather have the correct information in there and to keep you guys from repeating the same information to new players(like myself) over and over:confused: .

Please review each of the matchups if you can. You guys have waaaaaaaaaaaaay more knowledge on the Flash then I do. Since I didn't give any information I thought I do my part for Central City's Scarlet Speedster. Thank you.:)

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
So was there a patch this week? I haven't been in a while nor have I played the game all week.
Can I get a link or info?

I just wanna touch on the catwomen match-up for a second and give my thoughts....5-5 possibly 6-4 (flash) given the fact he only has to touch u once for big damage...

Catwomen's Main Tools in MU:
Jump 2
50/50 overhead low starters
Full screen mb cat scratch( punishible both version)
Pretty good d1
----------------
For me i got blown up by my fellow KH member starcharger particularly because i never played a good CW, but in this matchup i found it actually easier for flash to stay out of range of CW and only go in when the time feels right, i say this because her j2 is good for keeping flash in check, and has ridiculous range and she can go into a 50/50 from it for good range, also i cant get my normal setups i use because her wake ups completely gets her out of the setup, unless i bait it then i get a full combo punish. MB LC is flashes best friend in this matchup, also thank god for his godlike dash in, allows for quick ways to get get in for a d1 or ji2 to start pressure...what are u guys thoughts on this MU?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I just wanna touch on the catwomen match-up for a second and give my thoughts....5-5 possibly 6-4 (flash) given the fact he only has to touch u once for big damage...

Catwomen's Main Tools in MU:
Jump 2
50/50 overhead low starters
Full screen mb cat scratch( punishible both version)
Pretty good d1
----------------
For me i got blown up by my fellow KH member starcharger particularly because i never played a good CW, but in this matchup i found it actually easier for flash to stay out of range of CW and only go in when the time feels right, i say this because her j2 is good for keeping flash in check, and has ridiculous range and she can go into a 50/50 from it for good range, also i cant get my normal setups i use because her wake ups completely gets her out of the setup, unless i bait it then i get a full combo punish. MB LC is flashes best friend in this matchup, also thank god for his godlike dash in, allows for quick ways to get get in for a d1 or ji2 to start pressure...what are u guys thoughts on this MU?

I think the match up is even. Catwoman also does heavy damage..

And she kan occasionally keep Flash out with whips if she needs to. The fact that she has lots of unclashable kombo damage also helps her in the match up. Try and pressure her at the wrong moment and you kan eat a jump back 2.

Her Oki game is also on par or better than Flashes, midscreen at least.

Damn I got blown up on stream yesterday by my friend Clint the Beast. Any tips here to handle Lex? I just got hit by everything but the mines and J3 were really shutting me down. I know I jumped way too much on him but I just felt out of options.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Damn I got blown up on stream yesterday by my friend Clint the Beast. Any tips here to handle Lex? I just got hit by everything but the mines and J3 were really shutting me down. I know I jumped way too much on him but I just felt out of options.

I know almost nothing about lex.. Haha..

Dash in and stay in?? lol.

MB Torpedo also beats his armor if you see him throwing out a move once it's active.

I know almost nothing about lex.. Haha..

Dash in and stay in?? lol.

MB Torpedo also beats his armor if you see him throwing out a move once it's active.
I wish I had the link for the vid, but going toe to toe with lex armor is tough and his range is pretty godlike against Flash. I do not even think Lex is advantaged in the match up but I have little experience at all playing a decent Lex.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I wish I had the link for the vid, but going toe to toe with lex armor is tough and his range is pretty godlike against Flash. I do not even think Lex is advantaged in the match up but I have little experience at all playing a decent Lex.
Same here.. Was thinking of picking Lex up today to see what kind of set ups he has but I got bored.