What's new

Match-up Discussion Flash Matchup Discussion

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Speed dodge doesn't work against his ex orbs ?

It kould on regular orbs but the way I use them is to stop him from moving forward so he kan't dash and then Speed Dodge.. Speed Dodge is also punishable since I have instant air teleports... MB Orbs explode on kontact too.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Well I guess should have at least 1 bad match up.
yeah if flash has one bad MU its MMH right now, i honestly think that after this superman "normalization" the flash is top 3 and only really loses to MMH, all other "tough" MU's are literally one touch and the flash can pretty much win right there. i have played too many games where if i get first it the game is over with all the set ups and his corner game and stuff.

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
yeah if flash has one bad MU its MMH right now, i honestly think that after this superman "normalization" the flash is top 3 and only really loses to MMH, all other "tough" MU's are literally one touch and the flash can pretty much win right there. i have played too many games where if i get first it the game is over with all the set ups and his corner game and stuff.
I don't know man, MMH bein a bad match up for flash cause he can vibrate through all his specials including the MMH teleports the only problem i had with him was the low grab but then again know one has really explore MMH to the fullest yet

Zyphox

I don't know man, MMH bein a bad match up for flash cause he can vibrate through all his specials including the MMH teleports the only problem i had with him was the low grab but then again know one has really explore MMH to the fullest yet
play reo then we can talk, there is no MMH right now on his level.

Zyphox that looks like the most infuriating match up ever. . . I can understand why you think it may be 4-6. The trait, orbs, wakeup are all so godly in addition to REO being a solid player. What the hell, I was gonna wait for Tuesday but MMH maybe just fine as another pocket character. Also, respect to integrating all that new tech. Looking pretty sharp and primed for a First place finish. I am unsure who all you have to go through just hope it isn't MMH lol.

Zyphox

Zyphox that looks like the most infuriating match up ever. . . I can understand why you think it may be 4-6. The trait, orbs, wakeup are all so godly in addition to REO being a solid player. What the hell, I was gonna wait for Tuesday but MMH maybe just fine as another pocket character. Also, respect to integrating all that new tech. Looking pretty sharp and primed for a First place finish. I am unsure who all you have to go through just hope it isn't MMH lol.
yeah the scary part is that this is a week one MMH, there is still more to discover and reo could level up tremendously from then and it might even be worse than what it appears to be. he won 25 -19 for the set but i can imagine unless i find anti MMH tech that he would be beating me 10 - 3 in the future or some bullshit LOL. also with SJ i get to use my controller, not my shitty 360 pad so am super confident going into summer jam, and am might be at NLBC this wednesday since my dad is coming to visit and taking me to NYC :)

Espio

Kokomo
Amazing matches, I have not seen a high level Martian Manhunter till this set so that was awesome and gave me some good ideas for setting up zoning pressure with him that I haven't thought of before.

I don't know much about that match up as I've never played it with MMH, but it looks pretty close and competitive.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Many characters can block the first hit of F21 standing and move to crouch block as the jabs are coming out and be able to punish Flash big time. However, F21 hits mid against some characters. Below is a list of characters where you can use F21 xx LK without being punished on block.

Lex
Bane
Doomsday
Nightwing (corner and escrima stance only) - note that the timing for nightwing to punish is tighter than other chars

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Many characters can block the first hit of F21 standing and move to crouch block as the jabs are coming out and be able to punish Flash big time. However, F21 hits mid against some characters. Below is a list of characters where you can use F21 xx LK without being punished on block.

Lex
Bane
Doomsday
Nightwing (corner and escrima stance only) - note that the timing for nightwing to punish is tighter than other chars

Nightwing is an unexpected one..

Krayzie

Solo_Is_The_Name

Flash In Training.

Lex
Bane
Doomsday
Still don't understand why Flash B223 is so wild/open and slow for "The Fastest Man Alive". You would think it would be faster.

Legion DC

"Another weakling..."
I didnt check to see if you all talked about the Green Arrow matchup. Im friends with a real good Arrow player. I cant get in because he keeps zoning ( Savage Blast DB2.) His ice arrow mixups are good too. idk what the fuck to do against a good Arrow! Are you guys having problems with a Arrow guy who zones? Theres nothing I can do, I cant believe this shit! lol

Solo_Is_The_Name

Flash In Training.
I didnt check to see if you all talked about the Green Arrow matchup. Im friends with a real good Arrow player. I cant get in because he keeps zoning ( Savage Blast DB2.) His ice arrow mixups are good too. idk what the fuck to do against a good Arrow! Are you guys having problems with a Arrow guy who zones? Theres nothing I can do, I cant believe this shit! lol
Haven't fought a Green Arrow yet. I see Sinestro, DS, BA, Grundy, Superman and MMH. That's all from a day to day basis.

Solo_Is_The_Name

Flash In Training.
So NRS said that Zatanna is a stay away character. Another zoner I will say how does that look for Flash MU?

With Zatanna being good at zoning getting bodied up close will be a problem for her.

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
On Green arrow, you should'nt be afraid of his zoning or savage blast, you can punish savage blast on reaction with charge and slide is easily evaded, and when you block is arrow mix ups, just go in on him and go for d2 frame traps they can't do anything about it. I play Green Arrow on the side and this is all the info I got so far.

As for Zatanna no comment for now, only seen a combo video so far.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
On Green arrow, you should'nt be afraid of his zoning or savage blast, you can punish savage blast on reaction with charge and slide is easily evaded, and when you block is arrow mix ups, just go in on him and go for d2 frame traps they can't do anything about it. I play Green Arrow on the side and this is all the info I got so far.

As for Zatanna no comment for now, only seen a combo video so far.
Also, you can puniah his jump back arrow move on wake up by jumping over him

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
Huh, I never noticed that, might need to inform Guamo to get some info in there, or just open a new thread with all the info we have discussed.

Solo_Is_The_Name

Flash In Training.
Huh, I never noticed that, might need to inform Guamo to get some info in there, or just open a new thread with all the info we have discussed.
I'll inform him. IDK if ya already talked about the Bane and Hawkgirl matchup, but any tips against Bane and Hawkgirl mace charge and some air kick she does.

For the mace charge I try standing block, still got hit. Wakeup attack mace charge. When some how I do block it she is at a distance by the time I get close she either mace charge or wreck me.

Edit: NVM about those matchups

Solo_Is_The_Name

Flash In Training.
Finishing a list of each character matchup for The Flash. I went through the pages and pretty much copy and paste the discussions that went on before I joined. Did my Homework think I have a solid idea on how to approach each character, but not all the way though still learning.

Going to need someone to peer review it. A lot of this information is new to me, but old for ya. Feel free to add or cut information that is needed or not. This will help new players such as myself from having everyone repeat the same answer 24/7 because its hidden away in 17 pages and over 400 posts. Lol. That's if anyone wants to If not I'll send it as it is. Ya can discuss changes once its up.

I checked the other threads like Grundy for example and its really short so I don't know If me copying and pasting the right way or the wrong way.

Felt like classes started early wtih all this reading :/:confused::eek:

Briyen

Noob

he's pretty hard to fight online thats fersure! him and superman are my worst salt gathering matchups online

offline a lot of things are reactiable