What's new

Match-up Discussion Flash Matchup Discussion

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
at which point he can fire off his bionic arm and fly back to the other side of the screen. WEEEEEEEEE!

It's a really weird, frustrating match up, and I agree about just having to be really, really patient and try to walk him down and speed dodge as many shots as you can.
Well you can speed dodge to avoid chip and MBB3 on reaction

You can forward dash iaShots makes mu much more manageable. I really have only played relaxedstate as far as offline and randoms online but that's how I handle it. Dash in and do your work as long as possible

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Hey all, figured this out a while ago but never got around to posting it. Apologies if it has been discovered.

When knocked down by Killer Frost, you can do Lightning Charge MB as a wakeup attack and it cannot be ducked. The second hit is always blocked. I don't even know what KF can do about this, it's almost free pressure for when you get knocked down, lol.

KF is the only char I've seen that this works on. I didn't test everyone though.

AK Harold Zyphox

Hey all, figured this out a while ago but never got around to posting it. Apologies if it has been discovered.

When knocked down by Killer Frost, you can do Lightning Charge MB as a wakeup attack and it cannot be ducked. The second hit is always blocked. I don't even know what KF can do about this, it's almost free pressure for when you get knocked down, lol.

KF is the only char I've seen that this works on. I didn't test everyone though.

AK Harold Zyphox
I believe NW is also susceptible to this and . . . there is another but I have forgotten at work currently.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.

AK Harold Zyphox
hmmmm you mean any knockdown or off of slide? or are you saying if i do LC MB as a wake up from any situation both hits work on block even if its ducked? i will test this now.

EDIT: wow GGA Dizzy yeah it doesn't even have to be a wake up attack both hits come out on block from sweep distance and in........ it works most consistently at point blank range so against every slide i can't MB LC for free, if she jumps or backdashes she will get caught, and if she ducks am +3 only parry will beat it out and parry is risk due to by 7 frame low start punish for 58%. good find man.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
hmmmm you mean any knockdown or off of slide? or are you saying if i do LC MB as a wake up from any situation both hits work on block even if its ducked? i will test this now.
The latter. Just off any knockdown you can wakeup LC MB and it can't be ducked. So you can get up for free and get the frame advantage. If they don't respect it you get your combo as usual.

Oh I hadn't caught the show yet, I wanna learn some more Flash stuff hopefully I get time to listen to it tonight. GGA Dizzy used to play Cage right? Flash would be a very good fit in my oppinion if you have great patience and timing with a melee character.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
so i thought i was going to drop the flash after mmh came out but i miss him too much so im coming back lol.. so ive played this mu countless times against DAB who is easily top three batman in the country.. imo batman beats flash discuss lol

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
so i thought i was going to drop the flash after mmh came out but i miss him too much so im coming back lol.. so ive played this mu countless times against DAB who is easily top three batman in the country.. imo batman beats flash discuss lol

I agree. The thing Flash has though is a good Oki game against Batman's shitty wake ups...

Batman is a tough fight. You really just have to stay on batman and avoid stages with repeatable bomb setups if possible since they let him get away AND possibly damage you. Get good at blocking or you will have to waste meter mb blocking bat set ups. You can challenge batman with jumpins on his wakeup pretty much free right now though. Also, if batman EVER drains his meter and you get him in a block string trait up and chip him for 15%.

Zyphox

hey guys so i recently played the beast that is REO's MMH. imho this MU is bad as of right now for flash. his orbs act like ice clone, MB ORB is ridiculous, and his pillars and overhead projectile frame traps after a push is pretty gdlk. the only reason this or any MU is winnable at all is flash's insane damage and comeback potential, along with his rushdown. me and reo played a total of 44 games. in this video he wins a ft10 10 - 7. the overall set was him 25 me 19. keep in mind this was not a challenge to reo like " yo bro ft25 me, btw get babied bro" it was just friendly online casuals against a friend like all the MU matches i post. and again this is online and also take into consideration that MMH came out a week ago. reo could find more tech and get better with his character and make this MU look 9 - 1 LOL but anyways here the vid.
AK Harold
gishtezashqip7797
GGA Dizzy you should pick up injustice again and main the flash :)
SaJa
Xenrail
LEGEND
AK Juggs
Tom Brady
AK Pig Of The Hut
Hellion_96
AYSAMO
Awesomo
BoricuaHeat
SEV
SidTheHaze
someone please tag MMH mains in here as well and discuss.

NOTE: also i do realize the video is long for those of you that are busy or what not so maybe you can watch a game or two or w/e. just use this as an opportunity to see what the MU plays like when flash plays MMH at a decently high level (cuz LBSH am the worst flash ever).

a note about why i think the flash is top 3 (yes i know right me) @ 43:43 of the video is why the flash imo doesn't lose MU as bad as he should so if you watch something in a video watch @ 43:43 and that is why i believe he is top 3, he is ridiculous, that is all.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
hey guys so i recently played the beast that is REO's MMH. imho this MU is bad as of right now for flash. his orbs act like ice clone, MB ORB is ridiculous, and his pillars and overhead projectile frame traps after a push is pretty gdlk. the only reason this or any MU is winnable at all is flash's insane damage and comeback potential, along with his rushdown. me and reo played a total of 44 games. in this video he wins a ft10 10 - 7. the overall set was him 25 me 19. keep in mind this was not a challenge to reo like " yo bro ft25 me, btw get babied bro" it was just friendly online casuals against a friend like all the MU matches i post. and again this is online and also take into consideration that MMH came out a week ago. reo could find more tech and get better with his character and make this MU look 9 - 1 LOL but anyways here the vid.l.

Looks pretty even to me. GGs also.

Zyphox

Looks pretty even to me. GGs also.
it just looks like that because all i need is one touch and the tides turn, and he has to deal with all of my shenanigans, just like every other character in the game beside aquaman.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
hey guys so i recently played the beast that is REO's MMH. imho this MU is bad as of right now for flash. his orbs act like ice clone, MB ORB is ridiculous, and his pillars and overhead projectile frame traps after a push is pretty gdlk. the only reason this or any MU is winnable at all is flash's insane damage and comeback potential, along with his rushdown. me and reo played a total of 44 games. in this video he wins a ft10 10 - 7. the overall set was him 25 me 19. keep in mind this was not a challenge to reo like " yo bro ft25 me, btw get babied bro" it was just friendly online casuals against a friend like all the MU matches i post. and again this is online and also take into consideration that MMH came out a week ago. reo could find more tech and get better with his character and make this MU look 9 - 1 LOL but anyways here the vid.
AK Harold
gishtezashqip7797
GGA Dizzy you should pick up injustice again and main the flash :)
SaJa
Xenrail
LEGEND
AK Juggs
Tom Brady
AK Pig Of The Hut
Hellion_96
AYSAMO
Awesomo
BoricuaHeat
SEV
SidTheHaze
someone please tag MMH mains in here as well and discuss.

NOTE: also i do realize the video is long for those of you that are busy or what not so maybe you can watch a game or two or w/e. just use this as an opportunity to see what the MU plays like when flash plays MMH at a decently high level (cuz LBSH am the worst flash ever).

a note about why i think the flash is top 3 (yes i know right me) @ 43:43 of the video is why the flash imo doesn't lose MU as bad as he should so if you watch something in a video watch @ 43:43 and that is why i believe he is top 3, he is ridiculous, that is all.
Awesome matches

thanks for posting

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
it's good to know that the hitbox on MMH's overhead teleport includes the space like 3 feet behind his body...

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

I played the match up a lot against my training partner offline. I was using Martian and I feel like it's in Martian's favor...

Martian just kontrols the pace of the match. Without trait, he kan turtle and with trait he kan rush down..

MB Orbs if I want to chill and build back my trait, etc. Offline Flash gets punished heavily for his wiffed attacks. I pretty much always have trait or meter and I kan get a good oki game with my orbs.

I would assume the hitbox remains after the dodge ends and bops flash. Haven't had a chance to review the footage yet though.

Zyphox

Speed dodge doesn't work against his ex orbs ?
this is the problem if he sets it up on your wake up attack yes you can avoid it with speed dodge, but he sets it up in front of him and last time i check speed dodge was a stationary move so you can't dash up speed dodge to avoid anything.......