What's new

General/Other - Takeda The Problem With Takeda.

st9rm

viennality.com
It is actually saturday in Tours, non ? You are talking about Dreamhack ? Did you try Magikraf's Takeda ? He is great.
do you mean the tournament in paris? bc i was talking about just the qualifiers here in vienna. ^^
nope, haven't played him, i only play offline at my local dojo, and if i play online, i play the crappy port on pc :/

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Really your only problem is that option select blows you up. Guess what? That shit blows up half the cast if not more.. It's not only a takeda problem. Instead ask for them to take away the option select bug in this game because your asking for needless buffs

Iced_Taz

Characters loyalist :)
The main problem with Takeda is that he doesn't have good wake up attack. Lasher has outstanding range. For me Takeda is a mixup and footsie character. You must be very patient with him.

and b21 can't catch front jumpers :(((((((((((((((((((((((((( only bf1 can do that.

FiercePhil56

Up-playing loyalist
I think Takeda is great. His reach, space control, and medium/long range mix ups are his strength. He has disadvantages up close compared to much of the cast, this is by design. With shirai ryu you can choose to throw them toward the corner in pretty much every combo if you choose, and make them stand up at medium-far range. Off of many whip strings teleport cancels can be used as a safe option. Btw Iced Taz, b1 is for catching jumpers and is better for alot of Oki set ups because you don't move forward much when they block.

The "is this character good?" thread will always exist and is definitely a worthwhile discussion, but it should be with respect to the people who want to learn the character regardless. Takeda is fun as hell to play and I don't care if he's not top tier. Bet I could beat you guys with him. :coffee:

Last edited:

FiercePhil56

Up-playing loyalist
I actually just was able to block reptiles reversal ex slide after b11, b21, and f12 2+4 into teleport cancel. I do wanna try out more moves but its 3:30 and the input is hard as crap...

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I think Takeda is great. His reach, space control, and medium/long range mix ups are his strength. He has disadvantages up close compared to much of the cast, this is by design. With shirai ryu you can choose to throw them toward the corner in pretty much every combo if you choose, and make them stand up at medium-far range. Off of many whip strings teleport cancels can be used as a safe option. Btw Iced Taz, b1 is for catching jumpers and is better for alot of Oki set ups because you don't move forward much when they block.

The "is this character good?" thread will always exist and is definitely a worthwhile discussion, but it should be with respect to the people who want to learn the character regardless. Takeda is fun as hell to play and I don't care if he's not top tier. Bet I could beat you guys with him. :coffee:
play against someone who knows the MU and see if you still feel like that, now play those people in a tournament setting for money, knowing that everytime you commit to a b21, even if tele canceled, you just let them in your weakzone. again he does not have mix ups medium range, you can see the kunai coming and anything into kunai is interruptable in Shirai ryu variation.

The_REAL_xVAPORx

smoke reset bot
play against someone who knows the MU and see if you still feel like that, now play those people in a tournament setting for money, knowing that everytime you commit to a b21, even if tele canceled, you just let them in your weakzone. again he does not have mix ups medium range, you can see the kunai coming and anything into kunai is interruptable in Shirai ryu variation.
^this. I thought I was hot shit too when I was dominating the online leaderboards week 1, early on and against opponents that are unfamiliar with him, hes S tier. but going offline was eye opening, he just doesn't have what it takes atm.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
So, I'm new and not fluent to NRS games but what you said is very enlightening. Basically boils down to: Takeda is a scrub killer. If you don't yet understand the game or are casual then he looks REALLY good but beneath the surface he's flat out unsafe. That's kinda bizarre to me but falls in line with my personal opinions on NRS games. Ambitious but not nearly meticulously thought out as JP devs games.
Really? Any examples?

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
Takeda has no f33. If you meant f3, it doesn't lead to damage and puts you point blank, where you have no pokes.

You can't punish someone armoring or jumping after b21, because it recovers far too slow. Instead, they punish you.

Etc. Many people chiming in who don't understand the character.
Sir don't you think these kinds of threads should be closed. We are not even 1 month in the game's life to be asking or claiming stuff. Remember IGAU Flash. Also cancelling into a tp cancel is SAFE against all moves when done correctly. Maybe just maybe Takeda hasn't been mastered yet.

Iced_Taz

Characters loyalist :)
I like Takeda. He can be like Baraka in MK9. Weak but funny to play. I pick Takeda for few fights and he can be good.