What's new

General/Other - Takeda The Problem With Takeda.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Sir don't you think these kinds of threads should be closed. We are not even 1 month in the game's life to be asking or claiming stuff. Remember IGAU Flash. Also cancelling into a tp cancel is SAFE against all moves when done correctly. Maybe just maybe Takeda hasn't been mastered yet.
As I was saying earlier in the thread, TP cancel allows your opponent to get in for free, which is exactly what you don't want in the MU.

Death

Noob
I'm really glad I never wanted to make a thread about Mileena being bad. I made posts expressing her faults, but have always said she can still complete.

I never played with ethereal because I thought it was shit. Turns out I found tech that might make it her best variation and give her a chance quite honestly. That;s the beauty of 3 variations. Some are just not that straightforward. But don't 100% rule your character as bad without playying all 3.

Funny you mentioned that. I was kinda messing around with Mileena and thought this variation has potential.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I'm playing a "low tier" character , Mileena, as well. I know the struggles. I find it hard to believe it's "encouraging" when he opens up the second sentence with "IF YOU DON'T PLAY TAKEDA THEN STFU!!!"

Anyways, instead of making threads about Mileena being an awful character, I'm taking her to the lab where I already found tech that will help her. There's ways to go about explaining your character's faults without sounding like your character is complete shit and nothing he has can save him. If you really believe that then drop it. Now's everyone's chance to hop off these low tier characters and pick one of the current strong ones.

I'm not trying to blow him up, Zyphox is my friend, but like i said, most of us are really tired with threads and threads asking for buffs or saying how bad their characters are. etc.
I literally just did the same thing. The heart wants what it wants.

Also, Why the hell aren't you particpating in our forum threads? Some good stuff going on in there :p

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
I can't say much for the other characters but I have been constantly trying to find tech with kenshi, I'm trying to find that magic piece of tech to make him godlike, I still haven't given up on him, but as of right now, he sucks. I won't suggest anyone go near him until someone figures out that magic tech with him, maybe I will find out, maybe pig will, maybe immortal will, maybe darksyde will, but as of right now it is looking grim, as I said I can only truly speak on behalf of kenshi since I have the most experience with him since he is my main, I am just going off the word of many others for the other characters I listed, I don't know enough about Takeda to say anything about him other than I suspect zyphox may be right, that is a big maybe, my conclusion is there, but it may not be accurate, trust me I want kenshi to have that magic tech to boost him up as much as the next guy, but right now it is looking grim. Hell as I type this I'm in the lab with kenshi trying to find something to make him good
IMO, think we got too accustomed to finding tech so dirty it could "change the game" but in this game, alot of us have been searching high and nigh to find some tech that turns our character into some unbeatable powerhouse but at the end of the day some characters have that safe 50/50 vortex thing going on and the rest of us have to play the neutral game to get damage..

Just to be clear, I don't have anything against vortex characters. My problem is that this character was designed with keep away in mind and we've been providing proof all week that this character has horrible keep away game.. No wake ups, the slowest punishes in the game, no poke out option, and keep away pressure that almost the entire cast can easily exploit. After this video, hopefully people start punishing us accordingly so they can stop telling us things like, "the games only been out 3 weeks just chill." We know that! We see the ways some of you will punish us six months before you guys think to try.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
lol you don't even make sense AND you sub tweeted about shit too. i want takeda to be viable, like everyone wants there character to be. also what if i do better with a better character then what? you are acting like im sitting here blaming my losses on takeda and i never did that. for the love of god buff my character!!!
Sorry I used twitter to put my general thoughts out there. I forgot thats not what social media is for. The tweet wasnt even directed at you specifically but like always youll think "Damn this must be about me, Im Zyphox"

I get that you want him to be viable I was the same way with Rain in MK9 and I probably made dumb threads like this too. At this point it seems that you should at least try another character. If you do better with a character you see as better then it probably is takeda holding you back. If you do about the same or worse then Takeda probably isnt that bad. Just something to consider and maybe try especially since there is no guarantee for buffs.

Sorry I used twitter to put my general thoughts out there. I forgot thats not what social media is for. The tweet wasnt even directed at you specifically but like always youll think "Damn this must be about me, Im Zyphox"

I get that you want him to be viable I was the same way with Rain in MK9 and I probably made dumb threads like this too. At this point it seems that you should at least try another character. If you do better with a character you see as better then it probably is takeda holding you back. If you do about the same or worse then Takeda probably isnt that bad. Just something to consider and maybe try especially since there is no guarantee for buffs.
This actually what he shouldn't do imo. People should be encouraged to keep playing their character and find new stuff. Takeda might turn out to be a little better or maybe even a little worse. No matter how you look at it, it's best to flesh out the character you like and show the people what your character is about. The game won't evolve if everyone jumps to the same characters.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I love the fact that no takeda main is arguing with what I said, it's all the people who don't know the struggle that want to say stupid shit. My intention for this thread was to expose a weakness in his fundamental design, hoping that it may be fix and make the character viable. Instead I got a bunch of people who have never used takeda telling me he is fine when they know less then John snow on the situation. One more time people, why is my character so shit up close when it's so easy to get in on him? Because we have to have a low tier character right? Every fighting game just has to have characters with fundamental flaws so badly that it makes the user of the character go insane.

Anyone who has played Takeda for longer than ten minutes can tell the character has serious fundamental flaws. It's cute to pile on Zyphox like a bunch of 15 year old tumblr girls. Even better dont even read the OP or watch his video. If you have no vested interest in the character then why the fuck are you even reading this thread?

I love the fact that no takeda main is arguing with what I said, it's all the people who don't know the struggle that want to say stupid shit. My intention for this thread was to expose a weakness in his fundamental design, hoping that it may be fix and make the character viable. Instead I got a bunch of people who have never used takeda telling me he is fine when they know less then John snow on the situation. One more time people, why is my character so shit up close when it's so easy to get in on him? Because we have to have a low tier character right? Every fighting game just has to have characters with fundamental flaws so badly that it makes the user of the character go insane.
It doesn't matter how shit your character is. People are arguing with you because the game is still new and on top of that this is your second thread talking about this. I don't think a lot of people would disagree about takeda not being that good right now(with what we know). We might find some new stuff that makes him better. We can't just all agree on a character needing buffs because the takeda players said so. The game needs time and you need to keep finding new stuff about takeda and keep learning the character. It's not too late to come back in like 5 weeks and make your case again. You would sound a lot more credible if the game is at least 2 months old.

Also a lot of people just like to be sheep and copy what other well known players say, but they don't actually know anything so just ignore them.

Just my opinion on this matter...

FiercePhil56

Up-playing loyalist
I'm a Takeda main. You exaggerate his weaknesses. A lot of the characters you've mentioned who can armor through kunai don't get that much out of it. They don't have unlimited meter to spend. You spend too much time in theory about what can be blocked. Last time I checked good players get hit by things they could have reacted to because they were under a lot of pressure from other offensive threats. Take Glacius's shatter for example.
You're leaving out the long range footsies game you can play, and how much you can do when you're opponent has chosen to sit there and block.

You're just looking for some hidden tech that will magically make you better instead getting better with the character and using footsies and making reads to succeed.

I'm also a Takeda main. You seem to be living in some fantasy land where 'good' players fall for gimmicks. Takeda's offense is smoke and mirrors. As far as your 'pressure' bit..please tell me how Takeda pressures anyone. As far as Zyphox looking for magic tech why don't you mirror match him and show him how its done? Clearly you know some shit that no other Takeda player does.

LEGEND

YES!
The game hasn't even been out long enough for the term "main" to mean anything.

Please stop filling this community with your bile. Every post of yours in this thread Is detrimental to the intelligence of anyone who reads them

Really wants to like MKX
I'm a Takeda main. You exaggerate his weaknesses. A lot of the characters you've mentioned who can armor through kunai don't get that much out of it. They don't have unlimited meter to spend. You spend too much time in theory about what can be blocked. Last time I checked good players get hit by things they could have reacted to because they were under a lot of pressure from other offensive threats. Take Glacius's shatter for example.
You're leaving out the long range footsies game you can play, and how much you can do when you're opponent has chosen to sit there and block.

You're just looking for some hidden tech that will magically make you better instead getting better with the character and using footsies and making reads to succeed.
Firstly I'm not disagreeing with you. I just have a straight-up question: [Hypothetically] If Tak is easy to get in on AND has little/no wakeup options then does that prove a heavy burden in a setplay heavy game such as this?

Takeda suffers from similar issues most of the "zoners" in this game suffer from diifference being is most of those other characters have a 50/50 vortex gimmick that helps mask how crappy and fundamentally flawed they actually are. NRS does not know how to develop a fundamentally sound game, just not happening. Any ape can take a look at the fighting mechanics then compare frame data and know that it just won't work out, especially with a dedicated run mechanic.

FiercePhil56

Up-playing loyalist
Firstly I'm not disagreeing with you. I just have a straight-up question: [Hypothetically] If Tak is easy to get in on AND has little/no wakeup options then does that prove a heavy burden in a setplay heavy game such as this?
I don't find him easy to get in on. And perhaps he has sub par wake-up but I hope were not forgetting: block, delayed-stand up, backdash, techroll-wakeup etc.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
it is the same way with kenshi mains :( we have to deal with people who dont even play the character constantly saying "oh come on he is really good you have no idea what you are talking about" oh really? have you been playing the character since day one working along side the kenshi community to find the best pieces of tech and finding everything we can with him, whats that? no? then you dont know the struggle. yeah you may get blown up by him now but that is because you dont know the match up, once you do then you will completely destroy kenshi no problem. kenshi players know what can punish kenshi, and it will be apparent a couple months down the line. just like takeda, takeda and kenshi are turning out awfully similar without actually playing similarly.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity

me and my friend tested this and do you know how you can get out of EX kunai? jump in punch. even when i tried to hit him with a b21 it magically didnt hit him and he was able to get a full combo punish, this worked for the entire cast. so you dont even need meter to get in on the kunai

FiercePhil56

Up-playing loyalist
me and my friend tested this and do you know how you can get out of EX kunai? jump in punch. even when i tried to hit him with a b21 it magically didnt hit him and he was able to get a full combo punish, this worked for the entire cast. so you dont even need meter to get in on the kunai
Ok that's a good point actually but that is on read. So you can continue the string to beat that option, AND you can actually uppercut them still after they jump kunai