What's new

General/Other - Takeda The Problem With Takeda.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I think Takeda is one of the few characters in dire need of some help, against a versed opponent who know's the match up well enough, I feel like he's possibly the worst character in the game. I think people need to stop equating high placings with balance as well, for starters it's so early on, players are still finding their feet with their own characters and experimenting with different choices, let alone learning the ins and outs of a match up against some of the less common characters. Plus the sample size is so small. Let's see who is dominating events consistently 6 months from now before we start using these examples to support claims either way.

I'd like to see my Takeda bro's get some good changes, he needs a little bit more to offset his disadvantages at the moment

hayatei

Noob
I think Takeda is one of the few characters in dire need of some help, against a versed opponent who know's the match up well enough, I feel like he's possibly the worst character in the game. I think people need to stop equating high placings with balance as well, for starters it's so early on, players are still finding their feet with their own characters and experimenting with different choices, let alone learning the ins and outs of a match up against some of the less common characters. Plus the sample size is so small. Let's see who is dominating events consistently 6 months from now before we start using these examples to support claims either way.

I'd like to see my Takeda bro's get some good changes, he needs a little bit more to offset his disadvantages at the moment
Calm down, Takeda is AT LEAST mid tier

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Some guy was trying to convince michaelangelo that the only reason red raptor was in top 8 was because he was playing Day 1 to purposely mind fuck ppl. Day 1 characters ALWAYS make top 8 at stacked majors...​

AssassiN

Noob
I was impressed @RedRaptor10, you've done a great job at ComboBreaker.
You were the one I was rooting for when I saw your name on top 8.

Keep up the good work, you've made me want to play Takeda again.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
All this talk of takeda being ass and how you can armor through all his shit is just all talk. If you actually know how to properly space out your strings, mix them up, and do cancels like @RedRaptor10 was doing then you can see why Takeda is actually a viable character.

Also lmao at "just block", gtfo with that shit.

haketh

Noob
I had a feeling Takeda was better than this forum would have people believe. Low tier my ass. Good shit Red Raptor.
This doesn't mean he's not on the lower end at all, look at Catwoman or Spinking in BB with Amane ETC. Do I think he's as bad as Zyphox says? Nah but I definitley think he's a struggle & a bit of unfamiliarity came into play for Raptor's benefit on top of him being amazing. @RedRaptor10 how do you feel about Lasher & Ronin?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Lol takeda makes top 8 and he's no longer low tier. I guess green arrow and shazam were good characters too.
In fairness, when Green Arrow was making consistent top 8 appearances he WAS good.
Also Shazam was in the top 15 imo.

So yes, he isn't as "low tier" as one would be lead to believe.