What's new

General/Other - Takeda The Problem With Takeda.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
I'll take all the info I can get, and I'll also go into training mode with Takeda and see what I find. Just seems like a very bad match for D'Vorah midscreen atm. Appreciate the assistance, Takeda forums.
just close the gap.. i kid you not.. if you can close the gap - takeda cannot go poke for poke.. also.. lure the game to the corner..
Half the time you can preemptively jump in on his B21 range. Block high in general. With the exception of kunai you can get full punishes on every other of his specials. Once you knock him down he's basically a baby calf. He can't get up.

baby calf..hilarious... true & sad.. but hilarious none the less!

st9rm

viennality.com
am i the only takeda player around here, who finds him slow, but still decent?
his mixups are great, and he has a lot of tools! all he needs, is a faster poke (10f is way too slow)
i love playing a rushdown type of style, and i'm heaving great success with it
might be posting some footage soon :)

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
his mixups are great, and he has a lot of tools! all he needs, is a faster poke (10f is way too slow)
I find him decent when your opponent does not know the match-up well nor does not rush down (which based on the opponents I am fighting now a days seems rare) lol...

Regarding his mix ups, I tend to disagree.. Kunai helps to keep them guessing but for the most part you are limited to slow overhead starters (b21) or readable normal starters with overhead finishes (b221) (f1 2+4) ect... Then he has the 2 low combos, one starter low (b3) or mid to low finish (212).. Not saying they are useless, but its always an uphill battle with vs skilled players who have better/faster move sets lol...

100% agree with the slow poke..

Curious to see the types of opponents you are fighting online and their skill levels. Low-Middle caliber opponents can make Takeda feel solid.. But once you start playing talented individuals, Takeda's flaws are clear as day....

To be clear, I am not hate bashing Takeda and still fully intend to continue using him because he's fun to play as, but the fun drops as your opponent skill increases and the realization hits that he may not have the necessary tools to stop the rush down onslaught of some characters lol

Last edited:

AssassiN

Noob
He's an alright character, but try to play against a rushdown heavy character and someone who knows the MU.
I dropped him some time ago as a secondary, he can still be a fun character to play. But it just doesn't seem worth it to keep playing him when I've got Liu.

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Go watch Gross play this char and tell me he sucks. Fools
I'm not sure who you are referring to when you say "tell me he sucks.. fools" as most people in this thread not only use him, but probably main him as well (like myself).

st9rm

viennality.com
Go watch Gross play this char and tell me he sucks. Fools
i have a similar playstyle with my takeda and i'm having a lot of success with it
still, you have to keep in mind, as soon as people start to learn the MU and find out certain patterns, they can punish takeda many times
takeda doesn't suck at all, still he has a few flaws, like most chars in this game

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
As soon as King started armoring through Takeda's strings he started winning. We can't ignore that.

Edit: I still think Takeda is close to viable though. Maybe one or two minor buffs and he'll be legit.
Pretty sure Raptor still had it if he didn't randomly drop like everything at the end of the match.

The man represented, lets stop pretending King had the formula by armoring through a grand total of 3 strings throughout the entire set.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Pretty sure Raptor still had it if he didn't randomly drop like everything at the end of the match.

The man represented, lets stop pretending King had the formula by armoring through a grand total of 3 strings throughout the entire set.
He should've armored through more, he had to learn on the fly.

Think about how many times Raptor used that string. Sure he can cancel it early or attempt to armor break with EX kunai, but that string having a gap is a big deal.

SEV

Noob

Think about how many times Raptor used that string. Sure he can cancel it early or attempt to armor break with EX kunai, but that string having a gap is a big deal.
Technically he can delay teleport on reaction to him using armor which will either leave him behind them to whiff punish or at least hit them in the back with the teleport, then be plus for pressure.

When I posted that stuff way back when I said it would be tricky to implement because it involves Takeda players having the wherewithal to dial in the cancel but be ready to release the 3 button. It may be difficult to do but it is possible. Take it to the lab and test it, you can release 3 if you see them reversal, or you can keep it held to let the cancel complete. Takeda players still haven't fully fleshed out the teleport cancel tech in tournament gameplay.

Huge props to Red Raptor though. Proved downplayers wrong in Injustice regarding Deathstroke and now he's showing people what Takeda can do.

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor

Possibly, but at the same time Raptor was spacing absurdly well. It'd be hard to think if King just armored all the time he would succeed.
Add also that he needs those bars to break the combos. Can't just keep EXing moves.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Technically he can delay teleport on reaction to him using armor. When I posted that stuff way back when I said it would be tricky to implement because it involves Takeda players having the wherewithal to dial in the cancel but be ready to release the 3 button. It may be difficult to do but it is possible. Take it to the lab and test it, you can release 3 if you see them reversal, or you can keep it held to let the cancel complete. Takeda players still haven't fully fleshed out the teleport cancel tech in tournament gameplay.

Huge props to Red Raptor though. Proved downplayers wrong in Injustice regarding Deathstroke and now he's showing people what Takeda can do.
For the record, im not saying he is as bad as Zyphox claims. I think he is mid tier at worst. But I understand Takeda players frustrations when alot of his important strings have gaps.

SEV

Noob
For the record, im not saying he is as bad as Zyphox claims. I think he is mid tier at worst. But I understand Takeda players frustrations when alot of his important strings have gaps.
I feel you. Been trying to pick him up so I can at least be more confident whenever I up-play in here, and it definitely is tough. I don't play SF but I watch the finals always and I feel he's really similar, in a sense, to Dhalsim; he has the tools to deal with every situation on people's approach, but it's just unforgiving if you make the wrong read.

Watching Raptor though I never realized the versatility of F1 2+4, and it's spacing on block is so good for Takeda's specials; safe(ish?) distance for teleport cancels and close enough for Close Kunai. Anti-airing with him has been my biggest issue with him so far and Raptor was making hay with this and instant air teleports in that department. Seems if you can condition them to stay grounded you can really set some nasty hard-to-blockables up.

Next stage of the meta, in my opinion(at least from watching Raptor), would be becoming comfortable enough to throw out B11 after teleport cancels. Sure it's unsafe but (good) people seem to be either respecting Takeda after the cancel either due to the spacing or slow reactions, so may as well go for it since that string probably has the biggest potential for hard-to-blockable set ups since the Kunai is guaranteed.

Last edited:

ryublaze

Noob

Yea. Like @SEV said u can tele cancel to bait armor and punish (edit: it's character specific, i dont think Takeda can punish KJ's armor on block). You can also do the entire f122+4 string and cancel into EX fist flurry or EX tornado kick to beat their armor with your own but its risky. My match with King i tried to do this but my EX fist flurry didnt come out for some reason.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Yea. Like @SEV said u can tele cancel to bait armor and punish (i dont think Takeda can punish KJ's armor on block). You can also do the entire f122+4 string and cancel into EX fist flurry or EX tornado kick to beat their armor with your own but its risky. My match with King i tried to do this but my EX fist flurry didnt come out for some reason.
Also saw you trying to bait bo spin by canceling the last hit with the teleport.

if you would have hold tele for a while, maybe you would be able to confirm either way by backdashing which would probably be the safest setup but at cost of full stamina, was one hell of a commitment, sadly King mind was solely on blocking at that point.