What's new

General/Other - Takeda The Problem With Takeda.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
OMG what do we have here? is it Zyphox Crying about Takeda again?

Why yes it is, and to be 100% honest IDGAF what you, yes you reading this right now, think or what your opinion is on takeda. IF YOU DO NOT MAIN TAKEDA please do us all a favor and STFU when it comes to how he should be played or knowing of the struggle of fighting against a competent opponent that knows the MU/how to blow you up.

HERE ARE THE FACT PEOPLE OF TYM!!!
1. Takeda is the slowest character in the game, in terms of normals and specials.
2. the Compensation is that he has 1-2 moves that are strings that have range in two of his variations, that includes B21 in both Shirai Ryu and Lasher and Lasher has a df1 poke plus whip trip (1/2 screen punishable low option).
3. Shirai Ryu has the worst wakes up next to Rich Homie Quan Chi Chi.
4. every special move besides Kunai is punishable on block and whiff across all variations except MB blade call.
5. EVERYTHING BESIDES B11 KUNAI IS INTERRUPTABLE!!!! that means every Character that has a Forward Advancing Armored special move (which most of the cast does) can blow takeda up if he ever commits to a b2 in Shirai Ryu Variation by option select Armor through the string. which means still for those of you who do not get it, you can mash armor through any part of my string and you will beat me out in EVERY situation as showcased in the video below.

Those are the facts, if its supposed to be so hard for people to get in on takeda AND THAT IS THE REASON WHY HE IS SHIT UP CLOSE, THEN WHY THE FUCK CAN YOU JUST ARMOR THROUGH MY "GODLIKE" STRING AND GET IN EASILY? sorry for the caps, but it doesn't make any sense, i now realize that giving him faster normals will do nothing for shirai ryu and lasher variations, and would only help out ronin be lop sided and rushdown oriented instead of any kind of set up based variation.

Takeda has a Fundamental Flaw in his gameplay, everything he does at most ranges are unsafe, thats like making dhalsim's low Forward or whatever it is unsafe on block and punishable by most of the cast, what would be the point of throwing out such a slow move like that with range when you can just be punished for it. its not like you can't see it coming.

i'm not sure what they could fix to address this issue, but takeda is all risk/Slight reward. what is takeda supposed to do? play footsies at sweep distance? HA!!

Now just for a disclaimer: I AM IN NO WAY BLAMING LOSES OR ANYTHING ON ME USING TAKEDA!!! because at this point there are still many people who do not know the MU, but what will happen once they do? he will be ASS tier. Takeda has to work twice as hard to keep people out in this game by throwing out punishable shit and taking risk.

One more disclaimer: I REALIZE YOU CAN CANCEL B21 WITH TELE CANCEL, still is no substitute for the move because once you force me into canceling my string it opens up options for you to get in since every cancel is - frames and punishable by moves like reptiles slide.

i'm already looking at future mains just incase they do not buff/fix takeda, sorry i wanted to be a character loyalist in this game but its hard when your character has gaping holes like takeda does.

Zyphox

i apologies for Video Audio my mic volume was super low when i was recording.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I heard you got 3rd place the other day and have been tearing shit up in everything you enter with Takeda though. -.-

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
God people are right I need to stop complaining about reptile because it's annoying.. But at least I don't make full threads about it.. Stop crying about your character and other characters. It's annoying as fuck and nobody cares honestly..

You're character isn't top tier well shit luck. Drop him or pick an other.. And you don't give a fuck what other people think?.. We all know you do give a fuck about what others think.. Look at your insistent prop fishing..

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
I agree with most of this..he gets blown up by armor, he is shit up close, and if you get cornered you can kiss your ass goodbye. Make some of his shit a true blockstring and give better "keep away" and hell be fine.

But I'm not counting on this which is why i jumped on the King Jim bandwagon

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
OMG what do we have here? is it Zyphox Crying about Takeda again?

Why yes it is, and to be 100% honest IDGAF what you, yes you reading this right now, think or what your opinion is on takeda. IF YOU DO NOT MAIN TAKEDA please do us all a favor and STFU when it comes to how he should be played or knowing of the struggle of fighting against a competent opponent that knows the MU/how to blow you up.

HERE ARE THE FACT PEOPLE OF TYM!!!
1. Takeda is the slowest character in the game, in terms of normals and specials.
2. the Compensation is that he has 1-2 moves that are strings that have range in two of his variations, that includes B21 in both Shirai Ryu and Lasher and Lasher has a df1 poke plus whip trip (1/2 screen punishable low option).
3. Shirai Ryu has the worst wakes up next to Rich Homie Quan Chi Chi.
4. every special move besides Kunai is punishable on block and whiff across all variations except MB blade call.
5. EVERYTHING BESIDES B11 KUNAI IS INTERRUPTABLE!!!! that means every Character that has a Forward Advancing Armored special move (which most of the cast does) can blow takeda up if he ever commits to a b2 in Shirai Ryu Variation by option select Armor through the string. which means still for those of you who do not get it, you can mash armor through any part of my string and you will beat me out in EVERY situation as showcased in the video below.

Those are the facts, if its supposed to be so hard for people to get in on takeda AND THAT IS THE REASON WHY HE IS SHIT UP CLOSE, THEN WHY THE FUCK CAN YOU JUST ARMOR THROUGH MY "GODLIKE" STRING AND GET IN EASILY? sorry for the caps, but it doesn't make any sense, i now realize that giving him faster normals will do nothing for shirai ryu and lasher variations, and would only help out ronin be lop sided and rushdown oriented instead of any kind of set up based variation.

Takeda has a Fundamental Flaw in his gameplay, everything he does at most ranges are unsafe, thats like making dhalsim's low Forward or whatever it is unsafe on block and punishable by most of the cast, what would be the point of throwing out such a slow move like that with range when you can just be punished for it. its not like you can't see it coming.

i'm not sure what they could fix to address this issue, but takeda is all risk/Slight reward. what is takeda supposed to do? play footsies at sweep distance? HA!!

Now just for a disclaimer: I AM IN NO WAY BLAMING LOSES OR ANYTHING ON ME USING TAKEDA!!! because at this point there are still many people who do not know the MU, but what will happen once they do? he will be ASS tier. Takeda has to work twice as hard to keep people out in this game by throwing out punishable shit and taking risk.

One more disclaimer: I REALIZE YOU CAN CANCEL B21 WITH TELE CANCEL, still is no substitute for the move because once you force me into canceling my string it opens up options for you to get in since every cancel is - frames and punishable by moves like reptiles slide.

i'm already looking at future mains just incase they do not buff/fix takeda, sorry i wanted to be a character loyalist in this game but its hard when your character has gaping holes like takeda does.
So... you've written the character off without even exploring his third variation?

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Does anyone really know a MU 3-4 weeks in? Maybe Takeda isn't as bad as people think he is. Maybe Zyphox is so Godlike in MKX that he could win Evo with Shinnok. Who knows.
Exactly, nobody knows the match up yet except for people who dabble or play Takeda, so therefore he is more likely to win earlier tournaments, he is one of those characters that once you know how to beat him, you won't get best by another Takeda again.

So... you've written the character off without even exploring his third variation?
His third variation has one better wake up but he still lacks speed in his strings. He has a nice overhead to low mix up....but its practically the same speed as his b21 in his other variations.

Also, sword call pressure isnt that good. We can do a string and then cancel into sword throw or call....and then pretty much we have to hold what comes next :/

Zyphox

i've explored all the variations my man, i'm posting about IMO his best variations with its glaring holes. Ronin isn't good because Takeda is slow to compensate for having a far reach normal in other variations, trust me. i like ronin because its hard for the other player to adjust to it if they are so used to takeda;s other variations, but at the end of the day Shirai Ryu, which takeda's skill set is his best fit.

Last edited:
Not saying which side I am on, but you guys don't want balance anymore? The game is still new and we may have the opportunity to get things changed. The mentality you guys have should only be applied to a game that isn't supported anymore by the developers through balance fixes. Saying everyone should jump to top tier now already is not going to help the game.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
so you admit these threads are just echo chambers for the sound of your, and i guess other takeda mains, sobbing?

maybe this site is for you zoofox: http://www.gamefaqs.com

Zyphox

God people are right I need to stop complaining about reptile because it's annoying.. But at least I don't make full threads about it.. Stop crying about your character and other characters. It's annoying as fuck and nobody cares honestly..

You're character isn't top tier well shit luck. Drop him or pick an other.. And you don't give a fuck what other people think?.. We all know you do give a fuck about what others think.. Look at your insistent prop fishing..
lol STFU how am i prop fishing? by saying that my character is bad? i like how i'm the ONLY target about prop fishing when multiple players have done this and it never comes up. and again, i care even less of what you have to say than any other member on this site, so good day sir.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Not saying which side I am on, but you guys don't want balance anymore? The game is still new and we may have the opportunity to get things changed. The mentality you guys have should only be applied to a game that isn't supported anymore by the developers through balance fixes. Saying everyone should jump to top tier now already is not going to help the game.
I'm not jumping top tier, hell I played kenshi and gunslinger erron day 1, (gunslinger I think is hugely under rated and has a lot of unexplored potential) abs I recently picked up reptile to fuck around with and shirai ryu Takeda. I just play who ever I damn well please, but I will still try and go to tournaments and win with them (not with much success though) also I will still voice how shit they are because I want to discourage anyone from getting their hopes up for them so they won't be disappointed when they realize that kenshi isn't tournament viable

Zyphox

Have you ever considered that maybe some characters aren't meant to be top tier?
even if you fixed all of his weaknesses he would not be top tier, I have considered that all characters should have a defined gameplan not, throw shit out and hope its not punished.

haketh

Noob
Honestly I don't think Takeda needs up close options at all, maybe just a faster D1 poke so he has something to panic with when people are in & on a read poke out then try to backdash out. His strengths *Midscreen control* aren't actually all that strong right now due to all the gaps, those should be fixed up & maybe some things a little safer on block Dhalsim style.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
he clearly isn't top tier.
he got the grundy syndrome, a victim of the game mechanics.
he will probably remain not top tier