What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
It was just a hotfix. They can only change things like frame data etc.
Piercing and ravenous need very small tweaks to their variations and hopefully that comes with the next big balance patch.

Side note: test out the new b3 aa. Sonyas jump ins now only beat me if they are point blank cross ups or super deep. 35% meter less
Anti air punishes with the new and improved b3.
b34~air sai , f23~roll , b21+24 ??

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
So... She will get 1% more damage in some punishers since 123~roll will now be a legit punisher, not bad...

I'm so happy with the changes she's getting, except that they haven't fixed the hixbox of her D1 -_- which makes it useless no matter how fast they make it.

IMO the only thing she needs is B12's range to be the same (piercing's) in every variation. And universal low sai would be amazing too but I think if they buff B12 in Ravenous and Ethereal she will be very good in Ravenous. Ethereal well... The whole variation needs to be changed lol.

Yeah, D1 being faster would help, but only if it doesn't still whiff point blank. If the range gets improved, this is now a legit interrupt against pressure, and a legit check after Low sai hits as @TakeAChance was looking for.

I am STILL holding out hope for Air Sai and IAS being comboable into Roll or Run cancels on hit. The fact that it combos every other time except raw is weird. Especially considering the execution it takes to get IAS down.

Last edited:

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Yeah, D1 being faster would help, but only if it doesn't still whiff point blank. If the range gets improved, this is now a legit interrupt against pressure, and a legit check after Low sai hits as @TakeAChance was looking for.

I am STILL holding out hope for Air Sai and IAS being comboable into Roll or Run cancels on hit. The fact that it combos every other time except raw is weird. Especially considering the execution it takes to get IAS down.
2 Is now a legit check after low sai. At 8 frames and with +1/2 advantage you are looking at either a 7f or 6f normal into a mixup. If they start backdashing/poking or jumping we have to still commit to hard reads such as roll or telekick, but still at least we have a proper check now.

Last edited:
2 Is now a legit check after low sai. At 8 frames and with +1/2 advantage you are looking at either a 7f or 6f normal into a mixup. If they start backdashing/poking or jumping we have to still commit to hard reads such as roll or telekick, but still at least we have a proper check now.
Can't they mash uppercut to beat standing 2 or is that too fast? Can't test at the moment.
And lol, I pray for a backdash when I hit low sai. B12 is too good.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
dont forget low profile moves, since 2 is a high. so you can be poked under with d3/d4s and probs some d1s even if the frames say they cant,
EDIT: yea just tested there and mileenas 11 frame d4 can beat a 2 check after low sai(so sure alot more stuff can), also depending on spacing/strings you'll be pushed away to were 2 will just whiff anyway

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
dont forget low profile moves, since 2 is a high. so you can be poked under with d3/d4s and probs some d1s even if the frames say they cant,
EDIT: yea just tested there and mileenas 11 frame d4 can beat a 2 check after low sai, also depending on spacing/strings you'll be pushed away to were 2 will just whiff anyway
Dammit, let a man dream!

Yea, the pokes would have to be hard read unfortunately with a roll, which puts us right back into the same situation pre hot fix. The Risk/Reward is never worth it for the low sai :(

projectzero00

nomnomnom
It's nice that she's getting some buffs but imo they're not the right ones.
As some people already mentioned, no matter how quick her d1 becomes, if it still whiffs (and its range isn't D'Vorah lvl either) it is useless.
What I really am hoping for in the future, is for her f1 to become overhead so that she at least has a usable one. Also I want her instant air sais back. I am not even gonna mention Ethereal coz after looking at Tanya's specials yesterday I kinda lost hope.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
It's nice that she's getting some buffs but imo they're not the right ones.
As some people already mentioned, no matter how quick her d1 becomes, if it still whiffs (and its range isn't D'Vorah lvl either) it is useless.
What I really am hoping for in the future, is for her f1 to become overhead so that she at least has a usable one. Also I want her instant air sais back. I am not even gonna mention Ethereal coz after looking at Tanya's specials yesterday I kinda lost hope.
IAS is in the game but just harder to do and can't combo as ZeroEffect said.