What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Hi, Mileena players!

So...i got a question. How on earth do you fight this character? I particiated in a local recently and was completely blown up. I had never fought Mileena before.

So how do i approach this? Just from the layman's perspective, she seems quite good at countering zoning between roll, tele, and low sai in piercing.

My question is...how does she get her game started? It seems to me that she has a guessing game after every string between en Roll and low sai. One being a combo starter and the other allowing for more pressure.

So what is punishable? What can i armor through with?

I play Cybernetic Kano and am chipping away at both Sorcerer and Summoner Quan Chi.

If any True Kahnum of Outworld want to play, add jshipp39 on PSN.

Enigma

Noob
Maybe it's just me but people always beat me air to air when I'm using mileena. Does she have good range?

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Maybe it's just me but people always beat me air to air when I'm using mileena. Does she have good range?
Air to air I don't find her that strong against the cast unless I do neutral jump punch.

@Rude If no one responds to you by the time I get back home I will post some stuff, but essential gameplan for Piercing is harass with low sai and bait/punish mistakes accordingly into a knockdown to get her oki game going.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Hi, Mileena players!

So...i got a question. How on earth do you fight this character? I particiated in a local recently and was completely blown up. I had never fought Mileena before.

So how do i approach this? Just from the layman's perspective, she seems quite good at countering zoning between roll, tele, and low sai in piercing.

My question is...how does she get her game started? It seems to me that she has a guessing game after every string between en Roll and low sai. One being a combo starter and the other allowing for more pressure.

I play Cybernetic Kano and am chipping away at both Sorcerer and Summoner Quan Chi.

more than happy to run a set or 2 with you sometime...

but I use Ravenous

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
Hi, Mileena players!

Don't let her piss you off with low sai, because if she accomplishes this then she will either punish your jump-in attempt with anti-air roll -> combo -> knockdown -> oki or will whiff punish you hard with her b1 if you try and get in. Slowly work your way in, respecting EX Roll (overhead) and start pressure. If she gets a blockstring going, its a guessing game since you can't tell if she's gonna ex roll / low into regular roll etc. etc. You have to guess right if that happens and then you can punish with your most damaging combo.

Basically every mix-up you block, is a full combo punish for you, if she ended the mixup in low sai or ex roll. Watch out for her frame trap block string, 12 and 123 are +2 on block.

edit: I've noticed this happens a lot, so if you eat a telekick, don't try and push buttons because you'll eat a full combo. You have to guess between f4 (low) or raw EX Roll (OH). Don't try to wake up with a 15f or more armored move, its always a bad move against Mileena....

Rude

Don't let her piss you off with low sai, because if she accomplishes this then she will either punish your jump-in attempt with anti-air roll -> combo -> knockdown -> oki or will whiff punish you hard with her b1 if you try and get in. Slowly work your way in, respecting EX Roll (overhead) and start pressure. If she gets a blockstring going, its a guessing game since you can't tell if she's gonna ex roll / low into regular roll etc. etc. You have to guess right if that happens and then you can punish with your most damaging combo.

Basically every mix-up you block, is a full combo punish for you, if she ended the mixup in low sai or ex roll. Watch out for her frame trap block string, 12 and 123 are +2 on block.
This has been very helpful. Thank you.

MikeDigs

Twerk
Thanks for the info LionHeart, good stuff. Can you please elaborate on the following point a bit, specifically the wake up scenario?
I've noticed this happens a lot, so if you eat a telekick, don't try and push buttons because you'll eat a full combo. You have to guess between f4 (low) or raw EX Roll (OH). Don't try to wake up with a 15f or more armored move, its always a bad move against Mileena....
Mileena is my #1 and I'm really trying to master her full potential. If you want to spar sometime, hit me up on Steam.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Hi, Mileena players!

Dude? I have you on my list. If your on at around 11:30pm Central time I can give the run down on Mileena.

Rude

Dude? I have you on my list. If your on at around 11:30pm Central time I can give the run down on Mileena.
I think i might be. I know you were on my list but i, uhh...

Had forgotten who you mained. I deeply apologize for that

Rude

Also. To my fellow Mileena sisters... PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME HERE ALONE FOR THAT BITCH ASS HOE TANYA!!!!!!!
I think The Kitana players are going to flock to her. The Empress' subjects are too classy for that.

Ninjaguy446

all I have is the Green
RAIDEN HAD THE SAME MECHANIC AND It GOT NERFED. WHICH MEANS MILEENA SHOULD AND WILL BE GETTING NERFED
Mileena and Raiden are two completely different characters lol maybe NRS didn't intend for it with Raiden but did for Mileena. Plus, just because they nerfed Raiden's doesn't mean that they will nerf Mileena.