What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
Mileena and Raiden are two completely different characters lol maybe NRS didn't intend for it with Raiden but did for Mileena. Plus, just because they nerfed Raiden's doesn't mean that they will nerf Mileena.
name another character in mk9 injsutice or mk10 other than raiden who had something that literally did not scale at all what so ever. its a bug nothing more

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I've actually got to play Ravenous. It's a good variation. Most of the people are bringing up the inconsistencies of the variation, but lbhh, theoretically this sounds bad, but in game play, people will not have the time to quickly think about how some moves don't work. Those 2 (including Piercing) are the tournament viable variations.

The teleports of Ethereal look so "cute" compared to Tanya's teleports... wtf NRS... what were they thinking?!
If you think about it, it makes sense. DLC characters have notoriously been better versions of what we have. They have a couple months worth of seeing tourneys, testing things, seeing what works and what doesn't. Hopefully we'll see some things change in the next patch.

ExpiredCodes

The Yankees blew a 3-0 lead in the 2004 ALCS.
I heard one of the developers say "she's mobile, but not invincible" So who knows, maybe you can hit her out of it. Like Ethereal's being throwable.
Still sucks though, especially how Tanya's EX teleport actually does something.

Here's what I will say:
I've seen a bunch of people since MK9 complain about Roll not being a low. And every time, I'd try to explain why it didn't need to be. I always thought Roll should be blockable standing because of it's utility. It's near unreactable inside mid range. It gave her a combo. It moved her forward while low profiling projectiles.

However... seeing that Tanya's Cannon Drill hits low, while doing all these same things, there's really no more reason Mileena's roll COULDN'T be a low as well.

I am not asking for Roll to be changed. But it is interesting to note.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Here's what I will say:
I've seen a bunch of people since MK9 complain about Roll not being a low. And every time, I'd try to explain why it didn't need to be. I always thought Roll should be blockable standing because of it's utility. It's near unreactable inside mid range. It gave her a combo. It moved her forward while low profiling projectiles.

However... seeing that Tanya's Cannon Drill hits low, while doing all these same things, there's really no more reason Mileena's roll COULDN'T be a low as well.

I am not asking for Roll to be changed. But it is interesting to note.
Does regular drill also combo? Can't remember from the stream but if it did then your point is even stronger

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
So 6/1/2015 Hotfix saw some significant buffs to Kitana and Kenshi and some nerfs to everyone's favorite Wasteland Warrior Erron Black. Mileena got thrown a bone too with some of her normals being buff'd. Sadly F3 was not among them. Not sure if any of this is that game changing however. Full patch notes here.

• Mileena – 1 has 11 startup frames (down from 14)
  • Mileena – D1 has 9 startup frames (down from 11)
  • Mileena – 2 has 8 startup frames (down from 10)
  • Mileena – adjusted hitbox on b3 to hit more consistently

ExpiredCodes

The Yankees blew a 3-0 lead in the 2004 ALCS.
So 6/1/2015 Hotfix saw some significant buffs to Kitana and Kenshi but more importantly some of Mileena's normals were buff'd. Sadly F3 was not among them. Not sure if any of this is that game changing however.

• Mileena – 1 has 11 startup frames (down from 14)
  • Mileena – D1 has 9 startup frames (down from 11)
  • Mileena – 2 has 8 startup frames (down from 10)
  • Mileena – adjusted hitbox on b3 to hit more consistently
Damn, I wish Mileena got that Kenshi treatment. lol

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
very happy to see her frames buffed :) 2 being 8 frames and 1 being 11 is pretty sweet

sad to see no ethereal buffs though :(

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
very happy to see her frames buffed :) 2 being 8 frames and 1 being 11 is pretty sweet

sad to see no ethereal buffs though :(
It was just a hotfix. They can only change things like frame data etc.
Piercing and ravenous need very small tweaks to their variations and hopefully that comes with the next big balance patch.

Side note: test out the new b3 aa. Sonyas jump ins now only beat me if they are point blank cross ups or super deep. 35% meter less
Anti air punishes with the new and improved b3.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Some of you people are greedy & don't think about the fairness of the characters in general. Lmao

Im super happy with her getting faster normals. Now, I can pressure a little bit better, in the way that I want to.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
I been told the roll is now a low, is this true?
All I really wanted/need to scrub ppl out online.
I'M DYING TO KNOW!!!!!!!!