What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

Just watched the NRS Stream. You're right. Only they made Tanya X100 times better. God damn you NRS.
I may be seeing this too optimistically, but Mileena's telekick and air sai might give Tanya a bit of trouble doing her aerial and staff pogo bullshit. But again, raw air sai combo would help her air control significantly. It was so key to her game in MK9, so if they removed it purposely what could the reason be?

My only guess is that they really wanted air sai to have crippling recovery so she can't rapid fire them? But even that's kind of lame.

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
I may be seeing this too optimistically, but Mileena's telekick and air sai might give Tanya a bit of trouble doing her aerial and staff pogo bullshit. But again, raw air sai combo would help her air control significantly. It was so key to her game in MK9, so if they removed it purposely what could the reason be?

My only guess is that they really wanted air sai to have crippling recovery so she can't rapid fire them? But even that's kind of lame.
We should be able to cancel the landing animation on Air Sai hit into another special but not jumps/normals etc. :joker:

Yeah, D1 being faster would help, but only if it doesn't still whiff point blank. If the range gets improved, this is now a legit interrupt against pressure, and a legit check after Low sai hits as @TakeAChance was looking for.

I am STILL holding out hope for Air Sai and IAS being comboable into Roll or Run cancels on hit. The fact that it combos every other time except raw is weird. Especially considering the execution it takes to get IAS down.
It would be nice to see her F1 become an OH on the first hit, but to be honest EX Roll is the perfect OH for her, and in my opinion the only OH she really needs. It has armor that blows up the okizeme & wake ups with a full combo punish. I'll probably get blown up for saying that, but it's how I feel.

Sami

Noob
Tanya is a worthy side chick, no doubt. But B21 2+4 all day yo.
I really want to make Ethereal work and it has no b21 2+4 :p

edit: and no standard roll is not a low. Considering it cancels from her quick low attacks there's really no reason for it to be.

MikeDigs

Twerk
I really want to make Ethereal work and it has no b21 2+4 :p.
I wanted Ethereal to work as well, but those teleports are not useful for me. I needed those teleports to connect an attack some how, maybe similiar to kung lao. would that be OP? lol

Oh and B21 2+4 might be my fav string in the whole game, the sound and look of it when it connects. so brutal. and that Brutality... "Delicious"

Sami

Noob
I wanted Ethereal to work as well, but those teleports are not useful for me. I needed those teleports to connect an attack some how, maybe similiar to kung lao. would that be OP? lol
My current wishlist (it changes daily for Ethereal) is to be able to control both where and when you reappear. Make it far more of a mind-games tool rather than Tanya's overwhelming mix-up tool.

Fade: dd2. Mileena tosses one sai forwards and one sai backwards and vanishes (is invincible). Releasing 2 with no direction has her re-appear in place. Forward + release 2 = reappear at the forward sai location. Backward + release 2 = reappear at the behind sai location. Good start-up and recovery. To prevent abuse (gain the life-lead and then hide for the rest of the round) put a 2-3s cooldown on the teleports with a visual indicator or something.

Enhanced Fade: Just remove it and made the non-MB version fast enough to be viable. Failing that, still make the non-MB version fast enough to be viable and give enhanced a hit of armour or something.

GTDoffen

Meet your fate...
After hotfix I am not as consistent with B3 xx DD3, BF1 combos. They did something about B3, does anyone else notice it? Seems like it does not knock them as far up in the air, so the timing on air sais needs to be more precise.

and no standard roll is not a low. Considering it cancels from her quick low attacks there's really no reason for it to be.
See that's what I always said too. But Tanya drill breaks that rule apparently.
I mean, in all honesty it's better in this game to have Overheads than lows. Then you can D3/F4 all day.

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
After hotfix I am not as consistent with B3 xx DD3, BF1 combos. They did something about B3, does anyone else notice it? Seems like it does not knock them as far up in the air, so the timing on air sais needs to be more precise.
Interesting. The hotfix stated that its hitbox was changed to be more "consistent" in combos. You'd think this would make combos utilizing it easier.

Sami

Noob
Started practicing b12 hit confirms properly today. Set the practice dummy to randomly block combo strings and then keep doing b12 on them. If they get hit then cancel into 1+3, if they block the b12 then do nothing. Finally got it down to 11 correct reactions in a row. Doing it this reliably in a match is another thing entirely, but it's a start :D

GTDoffen

Meet your fate...
Started practicing b12 hit confirms properly today. Set the practice dummy to randomly block combo strings and then keep doing b12 on them. If they get hit then cancel into 1+3, if they block the b12 then do nothing. Finally got it down to 11 correct reactions in a row. Doing it this reliably in a match is another thing entirely, but it's a start :D
That is really great man, hitconfirming is so important in this game. Btw, if you confirm into roll, you get like 34%

Sami

Noob
That is really great man, hitconfirming is so important in this game. Btw, if you confirm into roll, you get like 34%
Oh yeah that's the next step :). Getting reliable roll inputs with the 360 pad is interesting at best so I figured I'd practice with something a bit more reliable first...