What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

The B3 hitbox makes some combos much harder to do than others. Good luck landing them online.
What exactly makes them harder? Does the 2nd hit of B34 whiff?

They need to make a Ethereal Fade Sais hit low.
God... Whyyyy? Lol, I'm surprised that people keep asking for this.
1. Only can work with Fade Towards. (DD2 and Fade Away she throws the sai away from them)
2. You'd almost never get this to hit. (Can't cancel into it mid-string because the sai goes behind them)

They need to make a Ethereal Fade Sais hit low.
I don't think Forward Ethereal tele should hit low, that should just be a separate move with the same animation and a good hitbox. And the sai should come back to Mileena after it hits (maybe with an arching hitbox as it comes back?), similarly to Takeda's light saber shit. It should be able to be delayed on whiff so that way you can bait someone to come punish Mileena but it just AAs them if they attempt to. EX version could hold them in place for a combo like Scorpion's low minion. The ethereal teles should have faster start up or better recovery if their going to be throwable and their EX versions should have the zatana mirror thing were she throws the sai in 2-3 places and chooses were to reappear or it could just have armor.

I'm liking what their doing with Mileena. Their giving her what she needs to become better in the long run. A little here, a little there. It'll all add up in the end. I think the faster normals were nice little buffs. It's a step towards the right direction if you think about it. If Mileena's going to be a punisher she's going to need fast punishing tools. I did hope they would of looked at some of her 15-17 frame normals though, like F2,B2 , F3,B3. B3 buff seems cool seeing as I always thought the hitbox was a bit wonky, hopefully the decreased combo leniency isn't too much of a problem though.

If Mileena isn't going the 50/50 route like 70% of the cast (what I'm hoping for) she's going to need fast tools imo. It's key. I think this is what NRS is aiming for too. Otherwise things like F1 would be an overhead, F3 would be faster, F2 would be a low starter etc... But what she needs to play her own style are faster normals and better recovery. I think from this point Tele-kick could be faster on start up, sais could have better recovery(esp. air sais) and be safe on block(-5 or less), low sai plus on hit, and Mileena's movement could be faster such as faster back dash and faster foward and back walk speeds.

Last edited:

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I am so mad about her stealth nerf. B3~teleport after roll is no longer an option since it's inconsistent af. Wow.... It was her most damaging option.
So that wasn't just me? I was dropping a lot of combos today trying to do that, and just figured I was having an off-day.

That's total BS if true though. :mad:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Yeah, it will hurt Ravenous the most sadly... I thought it was me dropping combos but then I went into training mode to practice it and it's totally different.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
I haven't played the game yet with the new fixes so hearing this is disappointing. I'm guessing if B3 is super hard to combo into does that makes the new BnB's @TakeAChance posted no longer practical? Has anyone tried them?

I'm all for fairness but supposedly gaining a more consistent anti-air and in return potentially losing some of her most damaging BnBs.......I don't see that as fair.

Method

Full Combo Punishable
I haven't played the game yet with the new fixes so hearing this is disappointing. I'm guessing if B3 is super hard to combo into does that makes the new BnB's @TakeAChance posted no longer practical? Has anyone tried them?

I'm all for fairness but supposedly gaining a more consistent anti-air and in return potentially losing some of her most damaging BnBs.......I don't see that as fair.
Is the hotfix out on PS4 yet? I was in training earlier this afternoon and had no problems landing B34 xx sai xxx run B21 2+4. But that was likely pre-fix.

I thought the issue was hitting a telekick out of B3?

Yoaks

A spaceman
Okay. So I mentioned this just now to Paulo in the Yomi stream and he said try to hit the b3 as soon as you can or delay the air sai after teleport. He also said some hitboxs might be different than others.

I labbed it and you need to hit the b3 when they're at the highest point in the air before they start falling. Or else... rip.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Honestly she didn't need B3 anti air. Roll is an amazing anti-air.
Okay. So I mentioned this just now to Paulo in the Yomi stream and he said try to hit the b3 as soon as you can or delay the air sai after teleport. He also said some hitboxs might be different than others.

I labbed it and you need to hit the b3 when they're at the highest point in the air before they start falling. Or else... rip.
Yeah, I realized that when I went to the lab with it, but it's still oretty inconsistent. Sometimes if you hit it as soon as you hit the roll but delay the air sai it won't hit and sometimes the teleport hits so low that the air sai whiffs...

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you

Yeah, I figured that out too. Dammit though, I've been practicing with a certain timing since day one, and now it's just a pain to start changing that up.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Roll is really matchup dependent it seems. A few jumpkicks, as well as long range JIPs are stupid hard to anti-air with Roll. Roll is better for crossovers though.
I don't have any problem anti-airing any jump in, except for a few jump kicks which are stupid like Scorpion's lol but I don't even think anyone can actually anti-air that...