What's new

Breakthrough - Sun God Sun to receive new move in next patch

mkl

Poopbutt.
I think it's not so much that you'd use the new move at the end of strings instead of grab, but instead end with Scorch, or knockdows into Scorch, since it's easier now to regain the charges. For example, if the cash out would give you breaker or X-Ray, while the extra damage really wouldn't swing the round.
So Scorch is the main buff then. The move itself didn't win me over at all but I haven't used it yet. I'm hoping to see that it's quick as fuck and kinda stupid.

DoctorSexual

XBL: DoctorSexual PSN: Osh-Tek
Holy shit air grab effectiveness doubled

• Kotal Kahn - Adjusted several regular attack collisions to hit more consistently on ducking opponents and in combos
  • Kotal Kahn - Away+FP has 9 startup frames (down from 10)
  • Kotal Kahn - Away+BP now low crushes and has 25 startup frames (down from 27)
  • Kotal Kahn - Towards+FP,BP is now -6 on block (up from -14)
  • Kotal Kahn - Air Takedown attack priority now happens on frame4 (down from 8)
  • Kotal Kahn - Mace Parry & Master Mace Parry now works against most projectiles
  • Kotal Kahn - Mace Parry now has 7 startup frames (down from 9) and Master Mace Parry now has 1 startup frame (down from 4)
  • Kotal Kahn (Blood God) - Kotal now gains meter on being hit and when blocking while Obsidian Totem is active
  • Kotal Kahn (Blood God) - Blood Offering will now add its damage to an active Blood Totem
  • Kotal Kahn (War God) - Sword Shake & Sword Quake are now a hard knockdown
  • Kotal Kahn (Sun God) - has a new move Soul Spark (Towards,Down,Away,FK) which will grant him 1 level of Sun God Power
  • Kotal Kahn (Sun God) - Increased the life gain from Soul Scorch and meter gain from Soul Burn

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
The way I see it: why would you do it as a setup when most of the time you can just... actually do the sun throw to gain a level as an ender? f34~sun buff might be interesting since he can't really take advantage of that string otherwise (unless you just wanna dump a bar of meter for shit damage). It looks like recovers pretty quickly so I almost think he might have some combo opportunities with it.
F34 in the corner combos into d1.

L1 sun throw bnb does less damage than an air throw bnb. You can afford to use any ender you like and still build charges.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
  • Kotal Kahn - Air Takedown attack priority now happens on frame4 (down from 8)
We're looking at a top tier character if this is true. This has always been the one thing that'd instantly push at least War god in the top 10. 45% damage for anti airing someone is a huge deal.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Agreed.

Btw, F34 combos into D1 in the corner??? This has always been true? Not just for WG Shake cancels?

mkl

Poopbutt.
Agreed.

Btw, F34 combos into D1 in the corner??? This has always been true? Not just for WG Shake cancels?
Yeah. You still get jack shit for damage though and it's somewhat difficult. On some characters (might be cast wide) you get d4 for an extra % of damage. It's not really worth learning tbh.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yeah. You still get jack shit for damage though and it's somewhat difficult. On some characters (might be cast wide) you get d4 for an extra % of damage. It's not really worth learning tbh.
You get like 28% meterless at L3.

LeeVanDam

Sun God Advocate
Level 3 EX Soul Scorch healed for 18% in the video. That is a lot of health for one bar. A 50% increase from our current heal. If the meter gain is like this, and if the new move generates meter then it will be extremely easy to gain meter.

mkl

Poopbutt.
Meterless. More than 75% of the cast gets,
In the corner? Are you serious? Most characters's mid screen meterless BnBs do more than that without any sort of level up.

EDIT: Plus we're talking about f34 in the corner. Which enables him to EX Sunstone w/ combo follow-up or even EX Air Grab. Sure, it's a bar of meter but then you'll get actual honest-to-god corner damage from his low instead of a difficult timed, low damage, d1/d4 combo that can be straight up punished if you miss it by some characters.

Last edited:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
In the corner? Are you serious? Most characters's mid screen meterless BnBs do more than that without any sort of level up.

EDIT: Plus we're talking about f34 in the corner. Which enables him to EX Sunstone w/ combo follow-up or even EX Air Grab. Sure, it's a bar of meter but then you'll get actual honest-to-god corner damage from his low instead of a difficult timed d1/d4 that can be straight up punished if you miss it by some characters.
We're talking about a low meterless string.

DoctorSexual

XBL: DoctorSexual PSN: Osh-Tek
Looking like Blood is going to be my zoning counter pick variation. I know they probably just misspoke but they said in the stream that after a projectile parry Kotals "next hit" would get a small buff. Could you imagine if parry buff went from timed to stock? omg

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
I wonder if you can use his uppercut, cancelled into L3 burn then continue with the added dmg. If soooo SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII