What's new

Breakthrough - Sun God Sun to receive new move in next patch

DoctorSexual

XBL: DoctorSexual PSN: Osh-Tek
I seriously hope it's not a teleport. Despite what NRS seems to think I do t think every character in the game needs one.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
What does he really need?

A teleport would be nice but a safe footsie special that is a HKD to set up choke would be cool too.

Or...what if b2 stunned the opponent like Grundy b1 for a free grab.

Or...what if he had a standing reset using his hooks on his back.

Im so hype. I really want to play sun god more but it's hard when Tanya is so good and easy to use.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
He also needs something to catch jumpers better besides air grab and j1

His command grab isn't like grundy's enough to be 100% viable and jumps make the tic throws much harder to convert.

He needs an unsafe armored launcher like war god

Please be able to use weapons on his back for an armored launcher...and can we tone down recovery frames on his combo strings please

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
What does he really need?

A teleport would be nice but a safe footsie special that is a HKD to set up choke would be cool too.

Or...what if b2 stunned the opponent like Grundy b1 for a free grab.

Or...what if he had a standing reset using his hooks on his back.

Im so hype. I really want to play sun god more but it's hard when Tanya is so good and easy to use.
He also needs something to catch jumpers better besides air grab and j1

His command grab isn't like grundy's enough to be 100% viable and jumps make the tic throws much harder to convert.

He needs an unsafe armored launcher like war god
Kotal doesn't lack mobility or ways to get damage in or mixups.

He has some of the best normals and 47% bnbs. His D2 is one of the best in game and despite common belief, ex parry is actually useful vs a number of characters in situations where sun choke would only give you 19% and parry 40+.

What he needs is B12/B122/B14 to be safe. One of these, preferably b12.

I have a suspicion this new move allows him to perform an offering for free everytime he lands a command grab.

You cant allow a character to be able to cancel into both a high damage low knockdown special and a high damage command grab off the same strings. I know there are alot of messed up 50/50 stuff in this game but that would just be ridiculous.
I see what your saying here, not sure I agree.. but I understand now.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Kotal doesn't lack mobility or ways to get damage in or mixups.

He has some of the best normals and 47% bnbs. His D2 is one of the best in game and despite common belief, ex parry is actually useful vs a number of characters in situations where sun choke would only give you 19% and parry 40+.

What he needs is B12/B122/B14 to be safe. One of these, preferably b12.

I have a suspicion this new move allows him to perform an offering for free everytime he lands a command grab.
I agree with all those things. I haven't use parry enough to say much about it but I think it has its place.

Interesting thought on offerings. We shall see soon enough

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I agree with all those things. I haven't use parry enough to say much about it but I think it has its place.

Interesting thought on offerings. We shall see soon enough
One important thing to mention is that he doesn't actually have many 7-3 matchups. He's mid tier. When I still played the game I felt he only lost really badly to Goro and Sub. And I don't think War god loses to anyone 7-3.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
Sun God hype. I love Khan, very fun to play. I'm just starting with him so I will been checking on here more often.

DoctorSexual

XBL: DoctorSexual PSN: Osh-Tek
Free charge is the new move and you get more health for each cashout. ZZZZZzzzz

In more important news, Obsidian totem builds fuckin meter on block. Also, Mace parry now absorbs projectiles.

Blood confirmed 2nd best variation.

Also, B1 speed was increased. holy shit.

LeeVanDam

Sun God Advocate
If Sun God's EX Soul Scorch heals for 15% and I can charge it up without connecting with the throw, that alone is going to be crazy. You can build meter by literally doing his new move and then cash out with Soul Scorch. The question is though, will it replace the air throw in our 1,1,4 block string? They were talking about it having fast recovery so If it does... then that's a wrap.

The Blood God changes are super dope though.