What's new

Breakthrough - Sun God Sun to receive new move in next patch

not really excited about SunGod changes.. have to see how much the Scorch effect dose.... though if you can gain the advantage with the powerup instead of the airthrow that could be a game changer.

BloodGod meter build is pretty boss though. I didn't really understand the sacrifice thing. I thought that already stacked with totems?

LeeVanDam

Sun God Advocate
not really excited about SunGod changes.. have to see how much the Scorch effect dose.... though if you can gain the advantage with the powerup instead of the airthrow that could be a game changer.

BloodGod meter build is pretty boss though. I didn't really understand the sacrifice thing. I thought that already stacked with totems?
With Blood God, you get a chance to recover the health you sacrifice using Blood Sacrifice when the totem expires. It makes for a lot more opportunities for Blood God to increase his damage.

I agree, if I'm able to replace the air throw whiff with the new power up then it will make everything much stronger. Soul Scorch recovers quickly as well, so it wouldn't be uncommon to cash out after 1,1,4 on block in order to gain back meter/health since you can rebuild levels independently. We also have to see if it allows us to extend combos.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES PARRY PROJECTILES!

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
The Soul Scorch cash out was 18% when they did it on steam. I made sure to look at the number. I was really hoping for more, but I can see this being a serious game changer...just not sure about that until I get my hands on it.

mkl

Poopbutt.
Projectile Parry and Pako saying b1 was quicker (could be a 7-8 frame mid now) were the only worth a shit changes. Sun God effectively got nothing unless there's some crazy tech behind the scenes of that move.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
18% percent is a decent chunk, though you have to spend a bar to get the health gain from Scorch. The free meter gain though is the real question. If it's a good amount, and the new move recovers quickly, and if the faster EN Parry nets bigger combos, we might have something. A lot of ifs, obviously. Time will tell.

DoctorSexual

XBL: DoctorSexual PSN: Osh-Tek
Blood is literally going to be building meter at all times. How can you say thats not worth a shit?

Sun changes could be ok, but your meter/sun level management game is going to have to be on point to make it worthwhile.

And im pretty sure the blood totem still goes away on hit. I feel like thats a big enough change to where they would have def pointed it out.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
The changes are absolutely amazing.

You can now spam a move that recovers like air throw and get to lvl 3 in less than 3 fucking seconds.

Then cash it in for 18%.

You can literally do a 47% combo into your standard safejump into 114 ex soul burn, be +5 and gain 18% life for 0.60% of a bar while building back up to lvl3 faster than 3 seconds.

HUGE buff.

B1 being true mid solidifies particular block infinites vs Quan and rest of the cast, parry parrying projectiles means you punish

Shinnok beam
KL low hat
KL orbiting hat

As well as anything you're thrown at from zoners. In addition, it's a true wakeup, 1f and recovers even faster so you can full F2 combo shit you parry. Kotal's D4 was punished when previously you couldn't punish a fucking d3.

F1 being safe is also huge as it is your one safe option in footsies and counterpoking.

Great patch, amazing help.

Jeffrey Wolf

If the frames are as good as air throw, it will indeed be godlike. Also if the universal hurtbox adjustments on jumping attacks allows Kotal to actually use his anti-air grab to anti-air, it will be a big buff to all variations.

Jeffrey Wolf

And yes, if the new EN parry let's you punish with F2 consistently? Fuck yeah it will be worth the risk/reward.

Edit: Due to the frames of some moves though, that probably won't be possible.

Jeffrey Wolf

They just mentioned that they were expanding airborne hurt boxes, but they didn't spend much time on the subject. Hopefully it will help with the rather one sided jumping game, but it also might end up not doing much. Fingers crossed.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
The changes are absolutely amazing.

You can now spam a move that recovers like air throw and get to lvl 3 in less than 3 fucking seconds.

Then cash it in for 18%.

You can literally do a 47% combo into your standard safejump into 114 ex soul burn, be +5 and gain 18% life for 0.60% of a bar while building back up to lvl3 faster than 3 seconds.

HUGE buff.

B1 being true mid solidifies particular block infinites vs Quan and rest of the cast, parry parrying projectiles means you punish

Shinnok beam
KL low hat
KL orbiting hat

As well as anything you're thrown at from zoners. In addition, it's a true wakeup, 1f and recovers even faster so you can full F2 combo shit you parry. Kotal's D4 was punished when previously you couldn't punish a fucking d3.

F1 being safe is also huge as it is your one safe option in footsies and counterpoking.

Great patch, amazing help.
Didn't the reflect parry a low on wakeup?

mkl

Poopbutt.
I'm going to go in with an open mind with Sun God to see if the Scorch/Sun Buff really does change the game for him. Otherwise it seems to me like it's the same concept as Obsidian Totem but possibly worse. Blood God definitely got some interesting buffs and received the universal b1/parry buffs on top of them. I think it's going to be pretty clear Blood God is better than Sun now, but we're going to have to wait and see.

Jeffrey Wolf

Sure thing.

Obsidian was already amazing and now it's even better. I almost can't believe it, lol. I really wish they had done more with Blood Totem though. Since it goes away on hit, I don't see how Offering going into Blood will be better than half off Offering with Obsidian.

Jeffrey Wolf

Parry worked against all ground based normals and some specials, but got beat by jumping attacks, projectiles, and other specials--just like Sub's, Sonya's, and Lui's, I believe. The fact Kotal's can now be used against projectiles, gives the regular version a reason to exist and puts it more on par with the others, while at the same time making it more unique, which I like.

Yeah, there are going to be a lot of fun enders for SG now. Look forward to those vids.

mkl

Poopbutt.
Definitely going to release a couple of videos on this, already got my mind set on a few mandatory enders, setups and combos now that you can gain charges via that move.
The way I see it: why would you do it as a setup when most of the time you can just... actually do the sun throw to gain a level as an ender? f34~sun buff might be interesting since he can't really take advantage of that string otherwise (unless you just wanna dump a bar of meter for shit damage). It looks like recovers pretty quickly so I almost think he might have some combo opportunities with it.

Jeffrey Wolf

I think it's not so much that you'd use the new move at the end of strings instead of grab, but instead end with Scorch, or knockdows into Scorch, since it's easier now to regain the charges. For example, if the cash out would give you breaker or X-Ray, while the extra damage really wouldn't swing the round.