What's new

Breakthrough - Sun God Sun to receive new move in next patch

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Y'know, I was always hoping for better grabs but NRS did something probably better. New move so you can stay in the game from afar, better parry and safe neutral tool that allows you to use the new move. I'm sure once the patch gets to P I'll feel better about Kotal doing 25-ish% after landing 3 command grabs.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You can't punish a clone throw on parry unless point blank, in which case you just duck it.

ValeDJ

Noob
Parrying projectiles...this just got a lot better! Was I also reading into it too much, but did they say the parry can now break certain specials?

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
I started playing sun god to improved fundamentals and footsie and found him fun but more challenging to win with. I feel these buffs really help him , anti air grab good lord! Killing scrubs who just jump all day, on your knees with a level 3 sun choke I didn't even work for lalala

Can't wait to try out the new Kotal!

I'm looking to play and talk to Kotal mains on PSN. My tag is TodaysAgenda for those with PSN. Hit me up so we can play, learn, and exchange tech

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
So someone needs to post how much damage a blood buffed, mace buffed, ex crystal plate does full screen, so that I may revel in it.
Holy shit that's totally a thing now, I didn't even think about that.

Gonna be hilarious throwing a 42% hitting extra large pizza at people trying to zone K-Daddy out.
Great now I need a pizzaman costume for kotal.
42.45% is the exact number
fdb4
db2
df 2 projectile
df3 ex

42.45% with one hit...holy shit!

Uppercut does 37% with the same buffs...lol

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I've checked a couple people with the triple buffed D2(not very good people, mind you), I swear parry is so fast you can just YOLO that shit and smack chunks off of people if you're good at reading opponents.

mattnin

Noob
I've checked a couple people with the triple buffed D2(not very good people, mind you), I swear parry is so fast you can just YOLO that shit and smack chunks off of people if you're good at reading opponents.
Yes! I have even already landed triple parried uppercuts and double parried projectiles in online match play, and this is coming from just a better than average BG Kotal player! Like I was saying earlier, some faster combos like Johnny Cage's are just too fast without meter burning parry, but for some standard combos, I've been YOLO and taking a chance with parry and actually having some success now with it! I am having more success with air takedown online too. *thumbs up*

mattnin

Noob
Ok, so I'm almost sure of this one... I'm sure that I'm not the only one finding themselves landing combos sooooo much easier. For example, when I'm too close but I'm doing f2, f2 many times the second f2 misses and goes right underneath and whiff, well I'm finding that I'm landing that 2nd f2 much more now. The hitbox must have been improved or something. Also, of course the hitbox on b12 has also increased and I'm landing that more as well. So before where I'd just whiff a nice jip1, f2, f2 because I'm too close or jip1, f2, f2, b12 and whiff because I b12 too early, I'm getting FULL combos! ahahahahah!!!!

LeeVanDam

Sun God Advocate
Agreed.

Btw, F34 combos into D1 in the corner??? This has always been true? Not just for WG Shake cancels?
I'm sorry I was late on this, but if you cancel into EX Sunstone after f+3,4 in the corner you can connect with f+2 also in order to reach half life damage.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Interesting. After F34, EN Sunstone, I've been doing S1, D2, D4, AA Grab, for 41%, plus the swag and to keep them in the corner. I'll have to check out F2. Thanks.

LeeVanDam

Sun God Advocate
Interesting. After F34, EN Sunstone, I've been doing S1, D2, D4, AA Grab, for 41%, plus the swag and to keep them in the corner. I'll have to check out F2. Thanks.
You're welcome. My corner combo with F+3,4 is:

F+3,4 > EN Sunstone, F+2, 1,1,4 SGC. Still keeps them in the corner and after they see F+2 hit they'll feel the swag and know it's a wrap.

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
Can't wait to try out the new Kotal!

I'm looking to play and talk to Kotal mains on PSN. My tag is TodaysAgenda for those with PSN. Hit me up so we can play, learn, and exchange tech
i know this is an older thread but i also play kotal sun god on psn so if you want, i would like to try you out as im new to kotal