What's new

SFV Beta Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
@LiangHuBBB

This may sound weird as hell but, I watched a video of yours yesterday. Last night to be exact. The 172-4 video you posted? Well anyway, I watched it before going to sleep, and had a dream about you. Yeah.....

It gets weirder.

In the dream we were in the future, and you were defending me from ninja assassins or some shit. Also you were black and had an Afro. And you eventually taught me how to fight like you did. You looked like Huey from The Boondocks.

Noob
What is his frame trap with st.hp? Also, can he combo off of ex flying barcelona w/o v-skill? I noticed ex command grab has more range than the regular one, but it still seems underwhelming. Does it have faster startup?
hmmm Basicly he can do St.H into mode change, C.mp, into any Special... so what you want to do is basicly hit him with anything that will give you enouth frames for a St.Hp to come out with fewer frames in between... i usually start with Jp, C.jab... if i get poked out, which most reversauls will be able to, i just start mixing it up with S.mk...

As for the Flying Barcelona stuff, in both modes he can combo of off it, to be more specific, in claw mode you can do: Flying Barcelona into super ( pretty decent dmg) or you can do Flying Barcelona xx V-Skill xx Super ( Also decent but uses most resources) in non claw mode he can pretty much combo anything from flying barcelona, i personally go for the following: Flying Barcelona, Mp x Hk Target combo and from here i just decide how much bar i wanna spend. 1bar i just do EX Barcelona strike V Skill, or all bars with V skill into Super...

As for his EX cmmd Grab, the grab is insanely more range than the normal version, Startup seems the same tho, its power mostly comes when you understand how to use Stance Switch effectively, then it becames a huge tool in his kit.. for me i like to condition ppl to block Stance switch into cr.mp special so that i can do stance switch into jab or cr.lp into EX cmmd grab, its really nasty and super fast... you can obviously go for the tipical Jump in into jab into cmmd Grab, it works perfectly fine if you dont get scouted... Hope this helps

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
yo do we have any "PC master race"s in here

i have a question - i dont play on pc but i might try to play the beta
am i able to play it with these specs

home desktop -
intel i5 - 2400cpu @ 3.10GHz (4 cpus) ~ 3.1GHz
8 gb ram
win 7 64 bit
Ati radeon HD 3650 3316 mb DAC400mz
i also have a geforce 8400 gs in the box if i absolutely have to install it.

or

on the microsoft surface pro 3 i5 128 gbs - i would love for this to work

let me know please

As others have said this game feels AMAZING online, and its just a beta! Only have had one laggy match it 2 days and it was with a guy in japan, FUCKING JAPAN!

Also Karin is fun as hell!! As an alpha fan I am pleased!

Immortal

Blind justice....
yo do we have any "PC master race"s in here

i have a question - i dont play on pc but i might try to play the beta
am i able to play it with these specs

home desktop -
intel i5 - 2400cpu @ 3.10GHz (4 cpus) ~ 3.1GHz
8 gb ram
win 7 64 bit
Ati radeon HD 3650 3316 mb DAC400mz
i also have a geforce 8400 gs in the box if i absolutely have to install it.

or

on the microsoft surface pro 3 i5 128 gbs - i would love for this to work

let me know please
You probably wont be able to play SF V on PC. It's pretty demanding and you're like 3 generations off on GPU. And Surface pro 3 is an obvious no go since it uses integrated (very weak) GPU.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
You probably wont be able to play SF V on PC. It's pretty demanding and you're like 3 generations off on GPU. And Surface pro 3 is an obvious no go since it uses integrated (very weak) GPU.
yeah bollocks- this is my old design computer - well it was worth a shot lol .. guess ill just try to get a hold of a ps4 before the weekend is out.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Sorry for not posting any updates until now, I haven't got a chance to do anything all day. Anyway, both PS4 and PC betas are up! And Rashid and Karin are available! Also, you can earn Fight Money and League Points now!

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Some SF master needs to explain the playstyle of SF to me again. I feel too "gatekeeperish". Destroy the scrubs and then get destroyed by the good players lol.

Why do I land hits but then get beat out when I follow up pressure but when others land hits if I push buttons I'm blown up? Why do WU grabs beat anything I do try but if I grab I get full combo'd or easily poked? Da fuq is goin on here? Lol

Using Karin and R. Mika if that matters. SF Gods help me out here. :confused:

Immortal

Blind justice....
Some SF master needs to explain the playstyle of SF to me again. I feel too "gatekeeperish". Destroy the scrubs and then get destroyed by the good players lol.

Why do I land hits but then get beat out when I follow up pressure but when others land hits if I push buttons I'm blown up? Why do WU grabs beat anything I do try but if I grab I get full combo'd or easily poked? Da fuq is goin on here? Lol

Using Karin and R. Mika if that matters. SF Gods help me out here. :confused:
SF V isnt MK X where you just pick Lao / Tanya (i know you don't play those characters) and go ham even if they block everything you do. :)

SF is more of turn based game, punishing unsafe shit, jump ins, whiffs. Patiance is your friend in SF.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
SF V isnt MK X where you just pick Lao / Tanya (i know you don't play those characters) and go ham even if they block everything you do. :)

SF is more of turn based game, punishing unsafe shit, jump ins, whiffs. Patiance is your friend in SF.
You must have read my mind because I was saying to myself "damn how can you sustain pressure without being +100?" Lol!

I think I'm gonna have to learn the "when" on the time to attack. I know things like blocking some specials and heavy attacks you can punish pretty clean but I gotta get the rest down. Game is hella fun though. I've literally been playing all day as if it's the actual retail version lol. I was supposed to practice up for DTN tomorrow but barely played MKX today because of this game. :eek:

Immortal

Blind justice....
You must have read my mind because I was saying to myself "damn how can you sustain pressure without being +100?" Lol!

I think I'm gonna have to learn the "when" on the time to attack. I know things like blocking some specials and heavy attacks you can punish pretty clean but I gotta get the rest down. Game is hella fun though. I've literally been playing all day as if it's the actual retail version lol. I was supposed to practice up for DTN tomorrow but barely played MKX today because of this game. :eek:
Same here, i should practice for tomorrow EU weekly in MK X but... i just played whole day with SF V. Finished like 1h ago coz i need to practice some MK X... went to MK X spent like 15 minutes in training, went online to rekt some noobs, first match, lag as shit and obviously vs an inferno Scorp...d4,d4,d4,d4,d4,d4,jk3,jk3,jk3,jk3,tele,ex tele.

Destroyed that noob and immediately after that exited MK X and went back to SF V where online actually works.

@LiangHuBBB

This may sound weird as hell but, I watched a video of yours yesterday. Last night to be exact. The 172-4 video you posted? Well anyway, I watched it before going to sleep, and had a dream about you. Yeah.....

It gets weirder.

In the dream we were in the future, and you were defending me from ninja assassins or some shit. Also you were black and had an Afro. And you eventually taught me how to fight like you did. You looked like Huey from The Boondocks.
lol funny stuff mate ^^

I tested some 90% damage resets and some other
stuff with Karin today - she can reset kill you basically
in 9 sec without even using her super move.
If anyone is interested I can upload it by the next week - right now
I am working on a " Rashid's pressure system " tutorial.
But she is not my kind of character gameplay wise,
so I won't rly pick her up.
The Rashid vs Karin match up
feels like 3-7 in Karin's favor with some of the
things I have tested into the lab earlier of today, although it doesn't
look like that way right now shown in my replays
because many ppl are still trying to figure out
match ups and tech with Karin.
If you ask me I think Karin might be the best
character in SFV right now from beta phase 1 & 2 combined.

Capcom has also fixed the replay channel, so you can
always look up for my name and the last 50+ replays
are always saved on my replay log, feel free to check them out.

Rashid combos & rushdown

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
lol funny stuff mate ^^

I tested some 90% damage resets and some other
stuff with Karin today - she can reset kill you basically
in 9 sec without even using her super move.
If anyone is interested I can upload it by the next week - right now
I am working on a " Rashid's pressure system " tutorial.
But she is not my kind of character gameplay wise,
so I won't rly pick her up.
The Rashid vs Karin match up
feels like 3-7 in Karin's favor with some of the
things I have tested into the lab earlier of today, although it doesn't
look like that way right now shown in my replays
because many ppl are still trying to figure out
match ups and tech with Karin.
If you ask me I think Karin might be the best
character in SFV right now from beta phase 1 & 2 combined.

Capcom has also fixed the replay channel, so you can
always look up for my name and the last 50+ replays
are always saved on my replay log, feel free to check them out.

Rashid combos & rushdown

so you really think karin is that good huh? most ppl feeling like rashid and mika are top. im def gonna have to check out these karin videos you will post.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
is there any way to just use practice mode lol I am trying to learn a character and every 5 minutes im being forced into a match. Not complaining about it but just wondering.
You may not be, but I am. I want to practice but the matchmaking is too fast. I have to keep pausing it every 20 seconds so I don't get paired.

Up until this point I wasn't thinking MKX would take too big of a hit when SF5 comes out but man, if this game still runs this well online for the full release MKX is in a bit of trouble....

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
Is anyone else having trouble popping V-Trigger on its own? It's incredibly frustrating to get HK or HP in a situation where you want V-Trigger. I can get it maybe 6/10 times in training mode.

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
Hahahaha yea that's some pretty bad timing on NRS part. Offline is one thing, but if the online is going to be this good then it's a wrap lol.

That R. Mika crossup LK into LK, MP, Ass Bump though. :coffee:
Between that, tick throws, that 50% damage V-Trigger punish set up, she's looking pretty boss. Mini Zangief! Except I don't like how people can grab you THROUGH your command grabs. Wtf is up with that??? Is this some new SFV Bs or something? Because no one ever could grab Gief when he's command grabbing you...
There are throws that are throw invincible and some that aren't. Mika's are 5 frame startup and not invincible to anything.

Deal with it :) Use them when you are positive on block or on hit, so that they can't get to the active frames of their mashed grab if needed.

I honestly have yet to see someone grab me through my throw setups. They usually just die. Painfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.