What's new

SFV Beta Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Anyone who is decent at SFV want to play when the beta comes out possibly? I am mainly an MK guy so my SF game is really weak and I could really use some help lol

Gamer68

Fujin!
Thanks for reminding me, I need to check in on that. I should be getting mine any day now.
No problem, man! Just wanted to make sure everyone knew!

5 day beta? C'mon son Wtf is that shit!? Only 3 days, for those of us that work during the week.

I'm sure a lot of good "testing" will be done in 5 days.
Yeah, I was a little bit surprised when I first heard it was only lasting 5 days. I figured at least a week -- maybe two. But, the game IS in a really early state right now, and they also have 2 more betas coming up (2nd one happens in the fall and is on both PS4 and PC).

If anyone wants to get fucking bopped have some nice, friendly,
cordial matches when the beta comes out, please feel free to take my PSN ID down.

Rickyraws_
LOL! I will send you a friend request soon, keep an eye out! Maybe we can get in a couple matches.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
People can add me as well, will mostly be messing around with M. Bison in this version unless Juri gets revealed, though Necalli really took my interest.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Awesome gotta check with gamestop to see if my code is in. They have no clue about anything SF.

Anyways just a heads up. There is no way to have a private match during the beta. You pick a character and get sent into training mode while the game searches a match for you. Sorry guys:(

5 day beta? C'mon son Wtf is that shit!? Only 3 days, for those of us that work during the week.

The beta is mostly for the online netcode and how they will deliver characters in the future. Capcom has some nice plans for SF. It will work sort of like KI.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Okay, so I'm starting to get a little worried. Code still hasn't been sent while other people are getting it. I pre-ordered from Amazon, by the way. About 50% of people already have their code, the other 50% doesn't. People are also running into some issues with retailers. Here's a list of issues people have had so far:
  • EB Games in Canada apparently hasn't gave anyone codes. Some people are saying that people who work their said there's an issue with the codes (like they are not working or something, I guess).
  • Some people are saying Best Buy is sending the codes on Wednesday (the 22nd) instead of today.
  • Amazon is only sending codes to those who pre-order 50% of the time so far. Some people pre-ordered the game today and got their codes 5 minutes later, others pre-order months ago and still haven't got anything.
  • Some people who have pre-ordered from GameStop has got bad codes that don't work or no codes at all. Apparently they had to re-preorder.
I'm sure I will probably get my code later today or by Wednesday, but still, I am really worried that something could go wrong.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Awesome gotta check with gamestop to see if my code is in. They have no clue about anything SF.

Anyways just a heads up. There is no way to have a private match during the beta. You pick a character and get sent into training mode while the game searches a match for you. Sorry guys:(
Wait, how do you know that? Was this confirmed?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Wait, how do you know that? Was this confirmed?
http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2015/07/07/street-fighter-v-beta-breakdown

I say still add people and see if you get matched up or not. Just figured I'd let people know what's up. This first test is to test the netcode and how characters are implemented. So there is only random matchmaking and cammy and birdie are available on the 25th. Chun, Ryu, Nash and bison are available from the beginning.

So if anyone wants, add me for some matches. @Rickyraws I expect to face you for that easy win. That's right I'm calling you out. So if we never play then you officially ducked me. :cool:

Sage-Of-Light

Student of Nature
Street Fighter V's first (PlayStation 4 exclusive) Beta starts soon, on Thursday July 23. However, today some people are receiving their Beta codes already and are able to download it (pre-load). So I thought I would just give you guys a heads-up. If you want in the Beta and haven't pre-ordered yet, you probably want to do it today.

Keep in-mind that a lot of people still haven't received their code yet. If you have pre-ordered but your code still hasn't been sent, don't worry because like I said, a lot of people still haven't got their code yet (like me, I still haven't got it).

But anyway, codes should be sent today, tomorrow, or the next day. Just sometime before the 23rd. Oh yeah, also, the beta lasts for 5 days (ends on the 28th).
is this available for uk aswell

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion

It's not meant to test balance. It's meant to test the net code and other online systems. So if you have a couple thousand people playing online 5 days is all the time you need to evaluate the online. Think of it more as a field test for the online rather then them just realising the game early like vanilla killer instinct.

Status
Not open for further replies.