What's new

SFV Beta Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is trying to learn the new characters in SFV beta phase 2, so do I. Yesterday I started playing as Necalli and ended up on a 15 win streak after 2 hours of playing until the servers went down. Today I grinded over 150+ games with Ken and only lost 4 times. Two of those players are also compiled in this vid. I am still a beginner who is trying to learn & improve in SFV and this is my day one SFV Ken gameplay. If you have any questions about Ken or SFV 5 beta phase 2 feel free to ask. Thanks for watching & playing. GGs @ll. I need some sleep now...

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Vega has been heavely changed, iv been a Vega main on pretty much every SF his been in, and honestly i really like some of the stuff they did here, and really dislike others... his new ground game feels much better, he actually has a little frame trap going with s.hp, the no claw mode is very fun i really like it, and his combos are super fun to do... however... his air game was destroyed, Flying Barcelona has the worse hitbox i have ever seen, and his trajectory is very hard to control now, the Grab after Flying Barcelona if not in EX is super shallow and you almost need to be doing a spiderman kiss on your opponent to make it work which makes this move near useless outside of combos ( even tho it can be a combo starter in both modes, go figure..) His EX comand Grab is SUPER good, i almost feel ppl are gonna rage a lot because of this move... his poking game is already amazing but with Ex comand grab, holy cow tears are gonna flow... Normal comand grab seems fine. Other than that i think he is an extremely complete character...
What is his frame trap with st.hp? Also, can he combo off of ex flying barcelona w/o v-skill? I noticed ex command grab has more range than the regular one, but it still seems underwhelming. Does it have faster startup?

jmt

Noob
Finally got the beta loaded and played my first match. I won with vega not knowing any moves. Need to figure out what's new in this game.

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
Ranked 17th for now, have to stop and go to work soon, SFV definitely feels a lot better than MKX when it comes to online.

Defeated a lot, lot of people with Mika's super, great to way to be an "ass" :)

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
#NotStunned
The beta of this game is already more impressive and fun than MKX as a whole for me.

rip in peace mkx.
I mean this is insane!!! I'm playing a ton of games now and I only had one game that was "Teleport Fighter V" against some guy half way across the world. Literally EVERY other match has been flawless. I was playing a match and was tapping the square button to see how responsive it was and it was literally instant. INSTANT. I CANT TELL THE DIFFERENCE between online and when I was offline while it loaded up. I knew netcode would be good, but I didn't know it would be THIS good.

I don't see how I'm supposed to do anything other than play this Beta all day. The only shame is having to wait until March for full release. When all my friends have SFV and want to play online games it's gonna be tough to play other fighting games lol.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
I mean this is insane!!! I'm playing a ton of games now and I only had one game that was "Teleport Fighter V" against some guy half way across the world. Literally EVERY other match has been flawless. I was playing a match and was tapping the square button to see how responsive it was and it was literally instant. INSTANT. I CANT TELL THE DIFFERENCE between online and when I was offline while it loaded up. I knew netcode would be good, but I didn't know it would be THIS good.

I don't see how I'm supposed to do anything other than play this Beta all day. The only shame is having to wait until March for full release. When all my friends have SFV and want to play online games it's gonna be tough to play other fighting games lol.
Hehheh, I know it's awesome! Even though NRS/WB already robbed us and got what they wanted, I can at least take some pleasure in the fact that KP2 will sell significantly less due to SFV's online actually working. The game feels amazing online [besides the fact that I'm terrible], can't wait for the release!

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
Me and my waifu and been smacking our asscheeks together. At first, I wasn't feeling too great about Mika but she seems about on par with the rest of the characters. Vega is pretty tough though.

So far, Mika and Cammy have been homeruns so far. I'm uncomfortable with charge characters which sucks because I love the design of Chun Li. Can't wait for Karin.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Hehheh, I know it's awesome! Even though NRS/WB already robbed us and got what they wanted, I can at least take some pleasure in the fact that KP2 will sell significantly less due to SFV's online actually working. The game feels amazing online [besides the fact that I'm terrible], can't wait for the release!
Hahahaha yea that's some pretty bad timing on NRS part. Offline is one thing, but if the online is going to be this good then it's a wrap lol.

That R. Mika crossup LK into LK, MP, Ass Bump though. :coffee:
Between that, tick throws, that 50% damage V-Trigger punish set up, she's looking pretty boss. Mini Zangief! Except I don't like how people can grab you THROUGH your command grabs. Wtf is up with that??? Is this some new SFV Bs or something? Because no one ever could grab Gief when he's command grabbing you...

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Hahahaha yea that's some pretty bad timing on NRS part. Offline is one thing, but if the online is going to be this good then it's a wrap lol.

That R. Mika crossup LK into LK, MP, Ass Bump though. :coffee:
Between that, tick throws, that 50% damage V-Trigger punish set up, she's looking pretty boss. Mini Zangief! Except I don't like how people can grab you THROUGH your command grabs. Wtf is up with that??? Is this some new SFV Bs or something? Because no one ever could grab Gief when he's command grabbing you...
Asked my SF4 buddy what the counter to command grabs are in SF4, and he said throws pretty much, or jumps. I'm just busy paying the price for never playing SF, lol. Don't know the whole safe jump timing shit yet along with some other SF fundamentals, I'll catch on eventually.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Asked my SF4 buddy what the counter to command grabs are in SF4, and he said throws pretty much, or jumps. I'm just busy paying the price for never playing SF, lol. Don't know the whole safe jump timing shit yet along with some other SF fundamentals, I'll catch on eventually.
Damn that's some bull. I should've been doing a lot of throwing on that annoying ass Gief then lol. Haven't played SF since Arcade Edition so I'm super rusty lol. Game definitely feels more like the 3rd Strike era than SF4 which is great.

Yea you'll get the hang. If you were able to grasp Tekken this will be nothing after some play time. Who are you using in the Beta? I've used only R.Mika waiting on Karin. I'll probably use Karin for the rest of the Beta when she drops. Once Karin releases its all over for me. I'm dying to bump into someone from TYM in ranked lol.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Damn that's some bull. I should've been doing a lot of throwing on that annoying ass Gief then lol. Haven't played SF since Arcade Edition so I'm super rusty lol. Game definitely feels more like the 3rd Strike era than SF4 which is great.

Yea you'll get the hang. If you were able to grasp Tekken this will be nothing after some play time. Who are you using in the Beta? I've used only R.Mika waiting on Karin. I'll probably use Karin for the rest of the Beta when she drops. Once Karin releases its all over for me. I'm dying to bump into someone from TYM in ranked lol.
Just been rollin strictly Mika, will check out Karin as well though. Loving Mika, she is so much fun. Yeah... I'll get the hang of things once the game actually drops and I can get mad game time. Already got some stuff down, just need to keep on learning. But the way the game plays online like offline is exactly what I've been looking for. Thank you Capcom!

jmt

Noob
Me and my waifu and been smacking our asscheeks together. At first, I wasn't feeling too great about Mika but she seems about on par with the rest of the characters. Vega is pretty tough though.

So far, Mika and Cammy have been homeruns so far. I'm uncomfortable with charge characters which sucks because I love the design of Chun Li. Can't wait for Karin.
I could never get in during the first beta, so now that I finally got a chance to play it, I'm pissed there are no charge characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.