What's new

SFV Beta Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Well, the Beta is live, but there's a huge issue with it. This is from ComboFiend:

"Hey everyone. We have a quick update regarding the SFV beta 2 test user experience. As many of you have noticed, we started testing earlier than scheduled, in an effort to optimize prior to our regularly scheduled beta dates. Unfortunately, several new issues arose last night in regards to our match-making system and the rate at which matches were made, and we are not confident that the matchmaking rate will improve significantly throughout the course of this beta period. That said, user experiences will vary.

As such, we want to inform our users that the beta 2 experience will likely be limited and will not operate exactly as we intended. As planned, we will keep the servers up for the previously-announced timeframes, however, matchmaking will likely take place very slowly. While players wait for online matches, they are free to access training mode, and there are new features added to this version that allow players to change the training dummy to be computer AI, or be playable by a friend locally.

The PS4 beta is live now and the PC beta will begin at its previously scheduled time on 10/23/15 at 9:00am PST (17:00 BST and 10/24 01:00 JST). Following this beta and throughout the optimization process, we will continue to periodically turn on our servers for players to access, so keep your eyes open for new opportunities to play more SFV. Our goal is to provide the highest quality user experience as possible when the final product releases, and we thank you for your continued support.
"

Basically, you probably won't be playing very many matches in this 2nd Beta Phase -- just a whole lot of training... Wow, that sucks. Especially when you consider that the current state of the game (balancing, etc) isn't final. So everything we practice will most likely be tweaked in future builds. Out of the hour I've played so far, I've only found one match. After winning I didn't even earn any League Points or Fight Money. If this continues, it means I won't ever be moved up on the leaderboards OR get to buy the Kanzuki Estate stage. Also, if not many people are getting to play with each other then how will Cross-Play be tested? I feel so disappointed right, and it sucks to hear that it probably won't be fixed in the duration of the Beta. I hope Capcom decides to extend the Beta if they get the servers working right.

Anyway, I will try to keep you guys updated!

I was on for about an hour and a half yesterday night around 11ish. Only played 1 ranked match but practiced a bunch with Calli.

minko

Noob
Got in about an hour and a half yesterday. Was matched with 3 guys from japan, one from korea and one from the US (im EU). The matches/netcode with the JPN and KOR guys were teleport fighter, but the one against the US dude was FANTASTIC.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Vega is weird. I dunno about him. His walk speed should be faster. His dash is nice though.
R. Mika seems pretty good actually. Great buttons and interesting v-skill.
I like how Ken can cancel his fireball into super. Lots of ways to get damage with him.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Quick update: They restarted the servers earlier today and when they came back on matchmaking was greatly improved. I managed to get in about of hour of gameplay today, got about a dozen matches or so. The netcode is really good, and matches are almost flawless when I was playing someone in my same country (US). Playing people from other countries was a mixed bag -- 50% were okay, the other 50% were bad. One of the guys I played from a different country (I can't remember where he was from) had such a bad connection that we were constantly teleporting around the screen, along with lag, frame-drops, and frame-stuttering. Absolutely unplayable. However, this was just my experience. I've heard of American players fighting Japanese players and having really good matches. I guess it just depends on your connection type and how good it is.

Anyway, I was also getting frame-drops and frame-stuttering in training mode. It seems that when fight request is on (which it always is in the beta) these frame issues will happen since it's constantly trying to pair you with another player. I don't know why it happens exactly, I just know it's because of that.

Sadly, the beta is now offline for the first maintenance and that's going to last around 12 hours (it won't be back up until around 5am EST). So basically, we have to wait until tomorrow to play. The good news is, Rashid will be playable once the servers come back online and if they didn't screw anything up we should still be finding matches as quickly as we did earlier today. Hopefully the maintenance will also fix the following issues:
  • Leaderboards not working
  • Player Searching not working
  • Replay Searching not working
  • Fight Money and League Points not being earned
  • Character Levels not changing/advancing
  • Statistics not being saved
  • Replays not being saved
A bit of information: the Zanzuki Estate stage costs 2000 Fight Money.

Noob
Vega is weird. I dunno about him. His walk speed should be faster. His dash is nice though.
R. Mika seems pretty good actually. Great buttons and interesting v-skill.
I like how Ken can cancel his fireball into super. Lots of ways to get damage with him.
Vega has been heavely changed, iv been a Vega main on pretty much every SF his been in, and honestly i really like some of the stuff they did here, and really dislike others... his new ground game feels much better, he actually has a little frame trap going with s.hp, the no claw mode is very fun i really like it, and his combos are super fun to do... however... his air game was destroyed, Flying Barcelona has the worse hitbox i have ever seen, and his trajectory is very hard to control now, the Grab after Flying Barcelona if not in EX is super shallow and you almost need to be doing a spiderman kiss on your opponent to make it work which makes this move near useless outside of combos ( even tho it can be a combo starter in both modes, go figure..) His EX comand Grab is SUPER good, i almost feel ppl are gonna rage a lot because of this move... his poking game is already amazing but with Ex comand grab, holy cow tears are gonna flow... Normal comand grab seems fine. Other than that i think he is an extremely complete character...

Status
Not open for further replies.