What's new

SFV Beta Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

d3v

SRK
Beta servers are going offline again for more maintenance and the beta itself is getting rescheduled.

If it's any consolation though, those who did get to play matches were reporting that the experience was pretty good. Near GGPO quality. Way better than MKX.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I cannot describe how excited I am about this. I dont have access to the beta until it rolls around to PC, but ddaayyummmmmm.

I know Necalli isn't available in the current beta but I cannot WAIT to get some impressions on him. I was holding my breath hoping for a rush-down style grappler to be released, and then he showed up, and I pooped myself.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I got into training mode about 30 minutes ago. Practiced Cammy for 10 minutes and got booted... Never even got to play a match.
that was similar for me yesterday, i got to practice bison, played a single match (the connection was fucking beautiful) and then i got booted

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
that was similar for me yesterday, i got to practice bison, played a single match (the connection was fucking beautiful) and then i got booted
Got in again and played a match. Connection was good. Played one more match and connection was not as good. Got disconnected from that guy and got booted after a minute more in training mode. sigh.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Got in again and played a match. Connection was good. Played one more match and connection was not as good. Got disconnected from that guy and got booted after a minute more in training mode. sigh.
shit man this beta is off to a rough start

Gamer68

Fujin!
Okay, so if you try to get on the server you will get Error 21007 most likely. But just keep trying to log-in over and over and you might be able to successfully log-on. That's what I did, and I've been able to play in training mode for over an hour. If you get booted off (which happened to me twice), just keep trying to log-in again and you might be able to get back on.

They will be fixing matchmaking issues soon and will be increasing the server capacity after that. Matchmaking is a BIG issue right now for a lot of poeple, I've been playing for an hour and only got one actual match in. But like I said, they are going to be fixing that soon (hopefully everything goes well).

Anyway, the game is great so far. Linking is easier to do than SFV -- and combos are over-all easier to get out. The gameplay is more simplified but still has great depth. Every character feels different and unique (by the way, Cammy and Birdie is available now). I got one match in, and god, the netcode is amazing. There was little-to-no frame delay for me, the only thing I was noticing was frame skipping/stuttering visually. Everything felt as if I was playing the training mode. Absolutely amazing, especially when you consider this is a Beta for a game that won't be out for another 8 months or so, and it is also having connectivity issues. The quality of the netcode is just outstanding, and can't stop complementing it. I've been having to deal with crappy netcode since forever. MK9 was horrible, Injustice was terrible, MKX and SFIV was bad (and those are all games I've been trying to play more competitively). But SFV? SFV has the best netcode I've ever experienced (however, this is coming from someone who hasn't playing KI and SCV yet).

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I got in twice. First time I played 8 matches and got to practice for 35 minutes. Second time I got in was an hour later (trying to connect the whole time) and I didn't play a single match but played in training mode for another hour.

Chun <3

D4G

Win At All Cost
Okay, so if you try to get on the server you will get Error 21007 most likely. But just keep trying to log-in over and over and you might be able to successfully log-on. That's what I did, and I've been able to play in training mode for over an hour. If you get booted off (which happened to me twice), just keep trying to log-in again and you might be able to get back on.

They will be fixing matchmaking issues soon and will be increasing the server capacity after that. Matchmaking is a BIG issue right now for a lot of poeple, I've been playing for an hour and only got one actual match in. But like I said, they are going to be fixing that soon (hopefully everything goes well).

Anyway, the game is great so far. Linking is easier to do than SFV -- and combos are over-all easier to get out. The gameplay is more simplified but still has great depth. Every character feels different and unique (by the way, Cammy and Birdie is available now). I got one match in, and god, the netcode is amazing. There was little-to-no frame delay for me, the only thing I was noticing was frame skipping/stuttering visually. Everything felt as if I was playing the training mode. Absolutely amazing, especially when you consider this is a Beta for a game that won't be out for another 8 months or so, and it is also having connectivity issues. The quality of the netcode is just outstanding, and can't stop complementing it. I've been having to deal with crappy netcode since forever. MK9 was horrible, Injustice was terrible, MKX and SFIV was bad (and those are all games I've been trying to play more competitively). But SFV? SFV has the best netcode I've ever experienced (however, this is coming from someone who hasn't playing KI and SCV yet).
From what I've played the Netcode is on par to KI. Which is damn good. I don;t know if the low amount of players actually able to log on and play is affecting this though.

Gamer68

Fujin!
From what I've played the Netcode is on par to KI. Which is damn good. I don;t know if the low amount of players actually able to log on and play is affecting this though.
Maybe. I hope not, though. I really want the netcode to be amazing. I just want a fighting game that I can play online competitively!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
The netcode was great from what I played. I just wish they would open up the servers more to allow more players. Error 21007 is seriously pissing me off lol

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
The netcode will be amazing, I can feel it. If you've been paying attention to everything ComboFiend has been saying about this game for the last half year, it really does sound like Capcom are taking online play very seriously this time around (as is evidenced by an online only beta).

From what I understand the netcode is already pretty damn good, and it'll only get better when the beta starts to actually work globally and they acquire all the necessary data for fixes and improvements. I'm not usually one to sing Capcom's praises but so far they seem to have really gotten their act together with this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.