What's new

SFV Beta Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Ive been labbing nash since sunday for hours. Hope they don't shut down the servers though.
As far as i know you dont need to connect to the servers to play, i think this is standalone copy with a crack that they are keeping up to date so you can play offline...

d3v

SRK
yes, she is the best character right now, I know I only went into the lab like 2 hours with her, but it didn't rly take me that long to find some "broken" stuff with her. ok tbh I wouldn't rly say broken, but it's way too strong vs the rest of the cast.
rashid ain't top tier but he is good, the only reason why many ppl who have never played rashid before saying he is top tier is because of his WW move & full screen stuff which looks safe ( but ain't safe ), but it's only safe on the first hit when you don't mash it
ppl will figure rashid out
overall I think rashid is top 4 right now

damn karin lol
People basing their tier list ideas too much on "tech" while forgetting that there are characters who get more out of playing findamentally.

Karin being top tier in this build has more to do with her having safe normals.

That said, too many people are sleeping on the fundamental characters lik Chun and Cammy. 3rd Strike veterans like Ricky Ortiz, DevilJin01, etc. have already pointed out how she's like her 3S incarnation again, which was top tier despite (or because) she was simple, and had a basic but effective ground game. Cammy is another character people are sleeping on since she's back to being like her CvS2 incarnation. Again, another highly ranked character who won with fundamentals and just having good buttons.

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
Beta is up again, it seems.

You start with a tutorial, playing young Ryu versus young Ken.

Managed to play with Laura for about an hour.

Hit and throw / block that fireball and throw / special dash and throw character.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I may or may not have a copy that lets me at training mode any time I want.. But it also might not include anyone from Karin onward..

If anyone else just happens to have a copy that may or may not allow training mode whenever, but also has Karin, Rashid and so on activated, please message me. Kthx. Really wanna lab Karin and Laura and.. Oddly enough, Sim.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Just got the beta the other day. Played 2 games and it was ABYSSMAL. Like 4-5 frames per second. Made mkx net code look flawless in comparison
Good times usually lead to release ;)
That's weird. I heard the beta netcode was awful this past session. Delay usually isn't even existent actually.

Noob
This is a tad late but iv been far to busy lately to post, But here is a small clip of What The new Vega is capable of. I truly believe that this character if they dont rebalance him in future Beta Phases he will be among the best characters in the game. He simply has so many options at his disposal, my only grip is not having the Wake up from SFIV, it wasnt the best wake up in the world but it came in handy sometimes, other than that im quite happy with this new Vega, i fell in love with the Stance Change, its just so versatile...

mercureXI

Just got the beta the other day. Played 2 games and it was ABYSSMAL. Like 4-5 frames per second. Made mkx net code look flawless in comparison
Good times usually lead to release ;)
You are using WiFi maybe ?

Never had any trouble with 90% of my matches during betas. Only had trouble with people using wireless connections (aka "gtfo of online games" people).

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
That is pretty crazy, maybe your isp or so e server being used just decided to be douchy, everyone I know, myself included,has had a pretty positive experience.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
It may have just been a hiccup. I may try it again soon but I mainly play on Xbox.
It's not even a hassle to switch between systems I'm just lazy

mercureXI

It may have just been a hiccup. I may try it again soon but I mainly play on Xbox.
It's not even a hassle to switch between systems I'm just lazy
Or you just faced people using WiFi ... seriosuly, SFV has a great netcode so far ... way way WAY better than MKX, that's not even the same world in terms of netcode and lag.

Noob
hmmm very weird indeed Frame Delay is uncomun in this type of netcode ( as per the service it provides ) now if your running wifi or playing ppl in Wifi packet loss could make your experience pretty poor but to the point of single digit "lag" thats got to be a record... Like what @mercureXI and many other ppl have said, this is a huge improvement from MKX, but one and the other are not the same, MKX has "delay" netcode which many believe to be a fossil and honestly i think only NRS still uses it for fighting games, SFV uses "rollback" so delay should not be a thing in this netcode as in frameloss =S, now frame rollback or frame skips can be very real here, but as long as your connection is solid and your opponent is also running a good connection, even overseas is a possibility, just not ideal...

Tho Rollback on far connections can cause some very weird things to happen, i speak for experience... Weird stuff like you holding DB to block a fireball and take a hit when your sure you are blocking or being opened up on blockstrings whne your not pressing a button, just stuff like that, but even then it needs pretty poor connections @The PantyChrist hope this helps you and hope your problem doesnt happen on the next phase

Status
Not open for further replies.