What's new

General/Other - Tempest Kung Lao Tempest Variation General Discussion

Byites

Wilson
Would you recommend Tempest over Buzzsaw as a first choice?
i only play tempest but i might go back to messing with buzzsaw. I used buzzsaw for the first few week when the game released because it was similar to mk9 kung lao. I would say try both ? See what you feel comfortable with. Most kung laos will use buzz saw for the low hat but tempest does more damage.

Hey guys I'm having troubling getting the timing right on B2,hatspin,44! Sometimes it connects more often than not it doesn't however? Any tips on why that is?

RexyWrecks

RTSD All Day. I'm going in. No Vaseline.
Hey guys I'm having troubling getting the timing right on B2,hatspin,44! Sometimes it connects more often than not it doesn't however? Any tips on why that is?
Very small window to land the 4,4. Try looking for visual or sound cues. This helps if your trying to be consistent with that combo.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Wait for his torso to go back to neutral but don't mash 44. For me it started this way now I look at his knee when he does hat spin when he bends it I pause for a second the press 44. It's tricky but doable.

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
PL shows off a new ex spin combo? My buddy jeremy showed me :3 http://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm/v/5778481 (6 hours)

ex spin 4 xx db1 b32 j3 dk j3 dk (36%)

in the corner you can do ex spin 4 xx db1 b321 j3 dk j3 dk (39%)

after ex spin you also have time to dash under. If this puts them in the corner thats a free 38-39% lol

Last edited:

mrtom

Noob
What's the best/most damaging followup off a wakeup/reversal ex spin? I've been doing njp, jk-dk, d2 for 27% and I feel it's a missed opportunity.

Like all chip strings you can interrupt it. No needs to post about that :16Bit
Only cassies ex flipkick can punish that. Others can interrupt but you can block their armor attacks on time, no reason for them to do that and get punished. Backdashes can be chased down too. B321 ex hat spin is useful.