What's new

General/Other - Tempest Kung Lao Tempest Variation General Discussion

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
what do you think of liu kang dragon fire, i find his strings easy on my hand eye coordination to perform, have tried all player and variants and he suites me
Dragons fire is very difficult to play for me but it's rewarding to say the least.

Byites

Wilson
Does ex hat spin have any use?

Also what is the max damage combo you can do from a raw ex spin? Corner + midscreen?

Last edited:

Afro_physicist

Hat Trick
Does ex hat spin have any use?

Also what is the max damage combo you can do from a raw ex spin? Corner + midscreen?
I said it somewhere else, but Ex hat spin gives you on so much frame advantage that you can nap, go to France, meet your future spouse, get married, have kids, send them to college, grow old in the alps, and come back and still be at an advantage. So really ending any string in ex hat will guarantee your opponent has to block your next move.
And for any combo involving raw ex spin, you should be able to get 30-35+ midscreen and corner. check out ETC McFly's combo video

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
do mean to offend anyone out there, i just asked a simple Q about liu k while talking about k lao, sorry, but as for bro fro you acted like a mo fo
sorry it was meant to say did not mean to offend anyone out there,,,,, rest is done right especially for you bro fro!!!!!

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Active frames dont really matter because both spins have more than enough active frames. buzzsaw spin has 3 hits of armor...Also they are both 7 frames now so no cyclone is not faster. Both spins beat njp clean in that regard they both get the job done just as good.
one thing i've realized though is that, In tempest you can't combo off of b22 midscreen, where as you can with buzzsaw. i find that to be a rather big turn off for this variation. as much as i like it. What do you think?

MK_Al

Noob
Stance specific (open stance) and after J1 only:

J1 4xxspin NJP JK DK f14
Super easy combo with 31% damage but hardly hit confirmable

Tempest stance specific (open stance):
4xxhatspin 44 run b312xxspin JK DK f14
Seems to be a 2 frame link between hatspin and 44, but will be rewarded with 46% damage meterless

Last edited:

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
i find linking 4,4 after hat spin is hard
Not necessarily. Don't mash it out. For me I use visual cues. When you do b2 hat spin watch kung Lao back heel. When he kicks it up then puts it down that's when you hit 44 or watch his torso when you see it go back to neutral that's your cue to hit confirm