What's new

General/Other - Cybernetic Kano's Cybernetic Variation Discussion Thread

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Again you show your lack of knowledge with frame data. His b1 was 0 on block and recovered in 15 frames. So the ipponent had 15 frames to react to the stagger which is the borderline limit of human reaction and since it was zero on block, they had to beat out a 8 frame move on reaction which was very difficult.
What they could have done is make the move -2 and keep the same recovery frames. That essentially would give the opponent an extra 2 frames to react on top of eliminating any potential Infinite could have.

Instead what nrs did was on top of making it negative it now has a recovery of about 22-25 frames giving the opponent ample time to react.

Now if you do not get this I can elaborate further
You don't understand.

If Quan and Takeda had no meter, they could not get out of B1 pressure at all in the corner. This was proven. They had nothing that could interrupt the pressure.

If you still don't believe me, just ask Zyphox.

In fact, b1 was suspected to be at least plus for this very reason. At least +2. Now who is ignorant about frame data? The in-game frame data was wrong. Many moves were accidentally written over to be + and 0 when they weren't supposed to be. This was literally written in the patch notes. And no, you can't react in 15 frames. That's ridiculous TYM talk where people claim to react to Scorpion's MK9 vortex which was 21-22, respectively.

Stop selling bills. Kano's b1 is fine. You still have a completely viable mix up between b1 and b13.

In Cyber, he is not a mad pressure character. Stop playing him like one.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
You don't understand.

If Quan and Takeda had no meter, they could not get out of B1 pressure at all in the corner. This was proven. They had nothing that could interrupt the pressure.

If you still don't believe me, just ask Zyphox.

In fact, b1 was suspected to be at least plus for this very reason. At least +2. Now who is ignorant about frame data? The in-game frame data was wrong. Many moves were accidentally written over to be + and 0 when they weren't supposed to be. This was literally written in the patch notes. And no, you can't react in 15 frames. That's ridiculous TYM talk where people claim to react to Scorpion's MK9 vortex which was 21-22, respectively.

Stop selling bills. Kano's b1 is fine. You still have a completely viable mix up between b1 and b13.

In Cyber, he is not a mad pressure character. Stop playing him like one.
You're hopeless. My previous post just addressed that issue. Did you even read it

Rude

You're hopeless. My previous post just addressed that issue. Did you even read it
I did, and it was full of bills.

Much like everything you post to those Reptile players.

I'm sorry that you're upset that Kano no longer has a block infinite against certain characters and that somehow, that makes him bad.

Now, with b1, you have to make better reads and use it smarter but it is still very good. Hell, if you REALLY think people wil be poking out of b1 on reaction, finish the string or cancel into MB Knives or backdash or use armor on upball. I'm done with this ridiculousness.

We'll agree to disagree.

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
Hey Rude/Salt Shaker need some tutoring haha, what are some tips to take my cyber Kano to the next level? I've gotten pretty good using the knives for zoning and pressure, conditioning the opponent to block so I can mix up with grabs, but I find myself having trouble still opening people up at times. Any tips?

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I did, and it was full of bills.

Much like everything you post to those Reptile players.

I'm sorry that you're upset that Kano no longer has a block infinite against certain characters and that somehow, that makes him bad.

Now, with b1, you have to make better reads and use it smarter but it is still very good. Hell, if you REALLY think people wil be poking out of b1 on reaction, finish the string or cancel into MB Knives or backdash or use armor on upball. I'm done with this ridiculousness.

We'll agree to disagree.
lol learn how to read man. My post clearly states how to take away any possibility of him having an infinite with b1 and still somewhat keeping his b1 staggers. You not understanding my post is a completely different thing. I agreed it should be changed but not the way it was. Then I proposed a nerd that got rid of any possible infinite but helped him keep some b1 pressure.

If you do not understand how recovery and block frames work don't be embarrassed. I can pm you as to how they work

Rude

Hey Rude/Salt Shaker need some tutoring haha, what are some tips to take my cyber Kano to the next level? I've gotten pretty good using the knives for zoning and pressure, conditioning the opponent to block so I can mix up with grabs, but I find myself having trouble still opening people up at times. Any tips?
I'll send you a pm about it, later.

Rude

lol learn how to read man. My post clearly states how to take away any possibility of him having an infinite with b1 and still somewhat keeping his b1 staggers. You not understanding my post is a completely different thing. I agreed it should be changed but not the way it was. Then I proposed a nerd that got rid of any possible infinite but helped him keep some b1 pressure.

If you do not understand how recovery and block frames work don't be embarrassed. I can pm you as to how they work
I know exactly how they work.

If you were THAT afraid of b1 pressure being interrupted...

Finish the string. Duh. You now have to make reads when using b1. You didn't really have to before. I saw your suggestion but it doesn't matter. It's fine as is.

Heaven forbid we can't machine gun b1s anymore. The change is fine.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Dont fight guise. I still feel b1 is good even if not as pressure. Its still a good punished string cause it moves you forward and is fast. Can catch people when they wiff. A pretty decent anti air. The string it self is good too

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I know exactly how they work.

If you were THAT afraid of b1 pressure being interrupted...

Finish the string. Duh. You now have to make reads when using b1. You didn't really have to before. I saw your suggestion but it doesn't matter. It's fine as is.

If you understood my post them why would you put words in my mouth saying I wanted the block infinite. Smh. And yea it's fine but my o lu point is that he took a big hit and it was a significant nerf. If he deserved it or not that's a different story. Of course the block infinite had to be removed but was that big of a nerf warranted

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
[QUOTE="
Heaven forbid we can't machine gun b1s anymore. The change is fine.[/QUOTE]

A pneumatic hidden knives special would have been a sick move for him, sorta similar to Barakas quick multi stab move

Rude

If you understood my post them why would you put words in my mouth saying I wanted the block infinite. Smh. And yea it's fine but my o lu point is that he took a big hit and it was a significant nerf. If he deserved it or not that's a different story. Of course the block infinite had to be removed but was that big of a nerf warranted
The duration of Johnny Cage's f3 was 36 frames.

It hit in 9. So it recovered in 27 frames.

And people were always getting blown up by F3, F3. No one poked out on reaction.

It's the exact same principle with Kano's b1 pressure, now. They work behind the same concept, Cage's obviously being better.

Rude

[QUOTE="
A pneumatic hidden knives special would have been a sick move for him, sorta similar to Barakas quick multi stab move[/QUOTE]
That would be tight.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Lol I'm willing to bet my Kano is better than yours do don't tell me how he should be played. And yes he can open people up with throws but that won't be enough. Also these throws were heavily enabled by b1 staggers. Shows how much you know. But hey it's ok keep using him. I'm just pointing out the obvious
Yeah go place at a tournament and maybe I'll believe your Kano is better than mine. I might also listen to you downplay, for the b a n t e r.

Rude

Yeah go place at a tournament and maybe I'll believe your Kano is better than mine. I might also listen to you downplay, for the b a n t e r.
He's popping off about wanting to beat you online?

Doesn't he know you live in Australia?

Jesus.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Once I get out of here I'm coming for you.
What were you charged with?

Now back to Kano. If you're trying to push someone into a corner during your combo, do you do dash njp runxxb1, or dash dash njp b1? I do the former, but I really don't know if there is an upside or downside to either

Rude

I prefer dash, njp, b23. The string has great corner carry in combos.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
I prefer dash, njp, b23. The string has great corner carry in combos.
I generally try B1 B1 B13xxbf3, but I settle on B1 B13xxbf3 if I have to. and I guess I should clarify that I'm referring to reversing direction in the combo.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Updated the OP with combos. I took some from the previous postings, some from the threads, and some of the BnB's I use myself. I'm only adding combos that are viable to be used on a consistent basis, not the "3 one frame links in a row" combo's. Though I'll probably add those later in a separate section. Also, some combo's like one bar corner combos are lacking since I never use those. Anyone that can add meaningful combos please chime in and I'll add them to the OP. Hopefully this will help us all as well as others who are new or leveling up the character. OP Updated. Strategy is next within the next week.

@Decay
@General M2Dave
@Derocus
@RM I$AAC
@ando1184
@dribirut
@Youphemism
@Rude
@bdizzle2700
@LEGI0N47
@All other Kano mains or prospective users