What's new

General/Other - Cybernetic Kano's Cybernetic Variation Discussion Thread

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
To keep strategies, tech, and Kano gameplan information more organized, place all Cybernetic Kano discussion in this thread. I will update the OP with all relevant Cybernetic Kano info in due time.

Combos updated from @DougDFC new Combo Thread. Will add a few extra like wall carry, side switch, etc very soon.

Optimal Cyber Kano Combos

-CYBERNETIC-
MIDSCREEN METERLESS
-[STARTER] xx DB1 112 xx BF3 [23-29%]
-[STARTER] xx DB1 B232+4 or B231+3 [18-26%]

MIDSCREEN ONE METER
-DF2EX B23 xx BF3 [20%]
-[STARTER] xx BF3EX JIP 112 xx DB1 112 xx BF3 [31-36%]
-[STARTER] xx DB1 112 xx BF3EX JIP 112 xx BF3 [31-36%]
-BF3EX 112 xx DB1 112 xx BF3 [28%]
-[STARTER] xx DB1 B232+4MB Dash NJP B1 B1 B1 RC 112 xx BF3 [32-37%]

CORNER METERLESS
-[STARTER] xx DB1 B312 B1 32 112 xx BF3 [34-39%]
-[STARTER] xx DB1 B312 B312 112 xx BF3 [36-41%]

CORNER ONE METER
-[STARTER] xx DB1 B312 32 B132+4EX NJP JIP 112 xx BF3 [37-42%]
-[STARTER] xx DB1 B312 32 B132+4EX NJP B1 B131+3 [36-42%]
-[STARTER] xx DB1 112 xx BF3EX B312 B312 112 xx BF3 [39-43%]
-[STARTER] xx DB1 B312 B312 B132+4EX NJP B231+3 [37-43%]
-[STARTER] xx DB1, B312, B312, 112 xx DF2EX, 112 xx DB2 [39-45%]

Last edited:

TeaBag

Jack Daniel's Supporter
I have been using this variation as my main and i feel it has a really good balance between zoning and pressure. I believe his db1 makes up for the lack of a power up. The only issue I have with this variation is the lack of an overhead. Also, im starting to feel his B1 is extremely useful to maintain pressure. Hits mid at 8 frames of startup and neutral on block, it leaves most people with a very small window to do anything and you can do B1,3,EXdf2 to mix things up and keep pressuring. If you have 3 bars to spare, you can chip away 20% easily by repeating the above string on a blocking opponent, which will keep them trapped and have built an extra bar after the 3rd. How useful this will prove down the line I dont know, but it has been working great for me. Here's some videos of the BnBs I've been using and the above chip damage pressure.

1 bar 35%
1 bar 35% #2
2 bar 40% (not worth it imo)
Chip Damage

I will be trying more stuff out tomorrow and see what else I can come up with.

zone with knives, make people come to you then fish for a poke with b23 into laser or catch jumps with upballs? Is that what I'm seeing here?

cyke_out

Noob
zone with knives, make people come to you then fish for a poke with b23 into laser or catch jumps with upballs? Is that what I'm seeing here?
Pretty much. Bait teleports or other risky get in moves and then punish. The gameplan isn't rocket science, but getting your spacing and defense and the executing the gameplan is.

So does anyone have a better mid screen meter less move that is better than:

112, db1, b23 1+3 for 26%

It's what I've found is not only his fastesr frame punisher but also his most damaging. Changing the 112 in for a b23 lowers the damage by 2%.

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
lack of overhead is what really kills this variation for me coz people can crouch block all day with no problem. otherwise its a very solid variation.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Cyber is a lot better than I thought he would be! I just won my local ranbats with him last night! I'm going to start to work on a tutorial vid for all variations this weekend.
Did you mainly use Cyber or did you rotate it? I'm planning on going all Cyber this weekend myself to test out how I fare with it.

cyke_out

Noob
Cyber is a lot better than I thought he would be! I just won my local ranbats with him last night! I'm going to start to work on a tutorial vid for all variations this weekend.
Congrats! Also, damn you! We have the same avatar picture. It's ok. That kano pic is bad ass enough got both of us.

I$AAC

Noob
Did you mainly use Cyber or did you rotate it? I'm planning on going all Cyber this weekend myself to test out how I fare with it.
I used Cyber all the way since that was the variation I was the most comfortable with. Then shortly after that we did a small round robin just for kicks and I used commando. I won that as well. Commando is a lot more defensive than I thought.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I used Cyber all the way since that was the variation I was the most comfortable with. Then shortly after that we did a small round robin just for kicks and I used commando. I won that as well. Commando is a lot more defensive than I thought.
Niceee. Congrats man. I'm definitely going to do the same. I might mess around with Cutthroat in casuals but I'm going all Cyber for the tourney. I feel it will end up his best variation of played correctly.

Good to hear Kano is already wrecking shop out there! Hopefully I can win as well. :D

How do you like to start out rounds in Cybernetics
For me it's Backdash city, especially when playing someone I don't normally play. After a couple of those they start walking right into B1's at the start of the fight thinking you'll backdash. Then all the mind games take over.

There's other starters but it's what I use. Kano has better options than most to start a match.

cyke_out

Noob
If anyone is having trouble like I was connecting njp after b23 3+4 mb, do a normal dash. It's made kano's mid screen bnb super easy since I started doing this.

TeaBag

Jack Daniel's Supporter
Pretty much. Bait teleports or other risky get in moves and then punish. The gameplan isn't rocket science, but getting your spacing and defense and the executing the gameplan is.

So does anyone have a better mid screen meter less move that is better than:

112, db1, b23 1+3 for 26%

It's what I've found is not only his fastesr frame punisher but also his most damaging. Changing the 112 in for a b23 lowers the damage by 2%.
112,db1,112,bf3 does 29% if youre going for damage.
I like to do 112,db1,112,df2 which leaves me with enough advantage and range for a d4. Its even better in corners to continue the pressure.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
We need to keep this character on the hushdown.. We don't want what happened to Kano in mk9 to happen again. He's top tier

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Question: which situations do which endings call for? For example, i see thst the laser ending does more damage and leaves them standing. The other leads to a hard knockdown. So if we're in the corner, do i want to keep them standing? How about midscreen? Go for the hard knockdown?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
So the b23, 1+3 string leaves them standing and you at advantage...buuuuuut Kano has no overhead starter, meaning he has no 50/50 mixup (other than throw), so what is the point of giving him a standing reset?