What's new

General/Other - Cybernetic Kano's Cybernetic Variation Discussion Thread

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
So i was talking to Saltshaker the other day and he told me a little about converting a combo off of MB Knife on hit.

What i didn't know was that you could do this mid-screen. If this is already known, feel free to blow me up.

I was playing with this a little last night and found that with certain enders, like 2,f4, you can get a consistent 23 percent across all starters that ends in a hkd. There's more to this depending on the ender you choose.

For example, ending in b13,1+3 leaves them standing and you plus.

Also, from mid screen, if you do 112, MB Knife, run cancel, b13, 2+4 MB, B23, 1+3, or 2,f4, or kano ball, or b23,2+4, you can actually push them into the corner and leave yourself at around jump distance?

It seems like a heavy investment for two bars, but from where you start at the beginning of a match, it carries your opponent into the corner with a reset or a hkd, doing close to 30%. It's probably situational, but worth knowing.

The highest damaging, 1 bar MB Knife conversion i found mid screen was: 112 xx MB Knife, run, 112, Kano ball for around 27 percent or so.
Kano gets 18% combos full screen off mb knives. With a run.
At 3/4 screen he gets around low 20s off Mb knives.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Yep. I found that out. A little more if you're up close. It's something I'm definitely going to work on doing more often now. That's damage on the table I'm leaving.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
So i was talking to Saltshaker the other day and he told me a little about converting a combo off of MB Knife on hit.

What i didn't know was that you could do this mid-screen. If this is already known, feel free to blow me up.

I was playing with this a little last night and found that with certain enders, like 2,f4, you can get a consistent 23 percent across all starters that ends in a hkd. There's more to this depending on the ender you choose.

Also, from mid screen, if you do 112, MB Knife, run cancel, b13, 2+4 MB, B23, 1+3, or 2,f4, or kano ball, or b23,2+4, you can actually push them into the corner and leave yourself at around jump distance?

It seems like a heavy investment for two bars, but from where you start at the beginning of a match, it carries your opponent into the corner with a reset or a hkd, doing close to 30%. It's probably situational, but worth knowing.

The highest damaging, 1 bar MB Knife conversion i found mid screen was: 112 xx MB Knife, run, 112, Kano ball for around 27 percent or so.
might not be known to all so it's fine. been doing this in practice mode and its not hard to confirm. just in practice cause I'm a Commando dude. wish high knife hits crouching(not blocking) when upclose.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)

Yeah this has been known for a while, probably before we knew it was possible to convert off of it from full screen which I found day 4 lol.
He gets more than 18%...we found 26% I think it was.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
It's hard to find a projectile better than EX Knives.

The main ways I get combos off it by far is by blowing up armored WU's with EX Knives~combo, and pokes into EX Knives into combo since people press buttons sometimes after a blocked D4 or F4 for example and I'm normally already following up because of the free pressure.

Since Cyber Kano tends to use less meter for things than most, and builds meter pretty quickly, I tend to use more meter on EX Knives than any other reason to use meter.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
So just got the update. Daaaaaamnnnn he got nerfed badly. I'm not sure you guys realize how badly he got nerfed. He just lost his only meter less tool to open people up.. Imo he just went from top tier to mid at best upper mid

Rude

So just got the update. Daaaaaamnnnn he got nerfed badly. I'm not sure you guys realize how badly he got nerfed. He just lost his only meter less tool to open people up.. Imo he just went from top tier to mid at best upper mid
He didn't get nerfed. Everyone recieved the same adjustment in frame data. Kano will be fine. Still in the top ten conversation. Stop selling bills.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
He didn't get nerfed. Everyone recieved the same adjustment in frame data. Kano will be fine. Still in the top ten conversation. Stop selling bills.
Saying Cyber Kano is in the top 10 is a big bill. He's mid at best right now

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Um noo he did get nerfed.. His recovery on b1 on block got nerfed to shit. Remember block adv does not equal recovery.. They could have made the move -2 and kept the same recovery and that would have been a fair nerf

Youphemism

Shows how much you know. Ever heard of throws?

Also if your gameplan in Cybernetic was focussed on B1 you weren't playing him right.

Rude

You just showed how uninformed you are about how frame data works
I understand how frame data works fine.

I also understand that in the patch notes, it was explicitly stated that some characters had incorrect frame data overwritten into their design. Because i have basic reading comprehension.

B1 being -2 doesn't matter. Not when it's apart of a safe string in b13. So you can still stagger between B1, B13, B13 MB Knife, B13, 1+3 Which is + on hit.

He's fine. Stop selling bills like you do to The Reptile Community about the character being bad when he clearly isn't.

Rude

Um noo he did get nerfed.. His recovery on b1 on block got nerfed to shit. Remember block adv does not equal recovery.. They could have made the move -2 and kept the same recovery and that would have been a fair nerf
Kano had a block infinite on characters in the corner.

You can't just herp derp b1s on Takeda and Quan Chi anymore.

The character never needed a block infinite.

Rude

Awkward Slotconversation4300 said:
Saying Cyber Kano is in the top 10 is a big bill. He's mid at best right now
He's in the top ten conversation, which isn't the same as saying he definitively IS top ten. He COULD be. He's definitely better than mid.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
If we're talking top ten discussion, and you're saying cyber Kano is in that discussion... He's on the outside looking in for sure.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Would someone mind giving me kind of a crash course on this variation? Mainly looking for main BnBs, punishes, and offensive options. Would be greatly appreciated.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
It's been a while since I've seen a character as disputed as Cyber Kano.

Some people think he's not that great, some think he's around mid, some think he's near the top. Personally I place him around the low end of the Top 10 in a game with 80 variations. In the grand scheme of things that is pretty good.

NHDR

Noob
Would someone mind giving me kind of a crash course on this variation? Mainly looking for main BnBs, punishes, and offensive options. Would be greatly appreciated.
From my time so far:

-Use F4 to advance, safe on block
-Cancel D4 into knives at max range
-Main BnB: B13 xx Laser, B13 2+4MB, dash, NJ2, 1, 11 xx kano ball (or some variation of this)
-112 xx special move is a good punish
-Use B1, D2, and Kano Upball to AA
-Run behind EX knives to apply pressure
-Can Kano ball in the corner after EX knives
-Air Kano ball to punish fireballs, MB on hit for extra damage

Youphemism

From my time so far:

-Use F4 to advance, safe on block
-Cancel D4 into knives at max range
-Main BnB: B13 xx Laser, B13 2+4MB, dash, NJ2, 1, 11 xx kano ball (or some variation of this)
-112 xx special move is a good punish
-Use B1, D2, and Kano Upball to AA
-Run behind EX knives to apply pressure
-Can Kano ball in the corner after EX knives
-Air Kano ball to punish fireballs, MB on hit for extra damage
Well, bnb should be 112~DB1, B232+4MB, dash, NJP, J1, B1, B131+3 really for more damage and faster punisher but B13 can be a better starter for trip guarding.
You CAN Kano ball after EX knives in the corner but why not just do a full juggle?
Also Zoidberg you can use EX Kano Ball to continue combos on the ground by doing BF3EXDD.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Kano had a block infinite on characters in the corner.

You can't just herp derp b1s on Takeda and Quan Chi anymore.

The character never needed a block infinite.
Again you show your lack of knowledge with frame data. His b1 was 0 on block and recovered in 15 frames. So the ipponent had 15 frames to react to the stagger which is the borderline limit of human reaction and since it was zero on block, they had to beat out a 8 frame move on reaction which was very difficult.
What they could have done is make the move -2 and keep the same recovery frames. That essentially would give the opponent an extra 2 frames to react on top of eliminating any potential Infinite could have.

Instead what nrs did was on top of making it negative it now has a recovery of about 22-25 frames giving the opponent ample time to react.

Now if you do not get this I can elaborate further

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Shows how much you know. Ever heard of throws?

Also if your gameplan in Cybernetic was focussed on B1 you weren't playing him right.
Lol I'm willing to bet my Kano is better than yours do don't tell me how he should be played. And yes he can open people up with throws but that won't be enough. Also these throws were heavily enabled by b1 staggers. Shows how much you know. But hey it's ok keep using him. I'm just pointing out the obvious