What's new

General/Other - Cybernetic Kano's Cybernetic Variation Discussion Thread

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Updated the OP with combos. I took some from the previous postings, some from the threads, and some of the BnB's I use myself. I'm only adding combos that are viable to be used on a consistent basis, not the "3 one frame links in a row" combo's. Though I'll probably add those later in a separate section. Also, some combo's like one bar corner combos are lacking since I never use those. Anyone that can add meaningful combos please chime in and I'll add them to the OP. Hopefully this will help us all as well as others who are new or leveling up the character. OP Updated. Strategy is next within the next week.

@Decay
@General M2Dave
@Derocus
@RM I$AAC
@ando1184
@dribirut
@Youphemism
@Rude
@bdizzle2700
@LEGI0N47
@All other Kano mains or prospective users
Just wondering, to clean up the OP a bit would it not just be easier to list starters and general bnbs then replace the hundreds of combos listed with something like
[Starter]~DB1, B23~BF3 (22% to 26%)
or something like that? Then have a link to the full combo thread for anyone who wants to learn all the possible combos they can do?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Just wondering, to clean up the OP a bit would it not just be easier to list starters and general bnbs then replace the hundreds of combos listed with something like
[Starter]~DB1, B23~BF3 (22% to 26%)
or something like that? Then have a link to the full combo thread for anyone who wants to learn all the possible combos they can do?
Yea that's not a bad idea actually. I'll move it around that way over the weekend.

I$AAC

Noob
I should be having tourney vids of cyber Kano coming up soon. I'll be more involved in the boards as well. (I've been in and out of the hospital, I'm fine but my gf's dad is in bad shape so I've been by her and her family's side the past few weeks)

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I should be having tourney vids of cyber Kano coming up soon. I'll be more involved in the boards as well. (I've been in and out of the hospital, I'm fine but my gf's dad is in bad shape so I've been by her and her family's side the past few weeks)
My thoughts are with you, friend. I hope everything works out.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
So how about that Up Laser? Outside of using it for the brutality, I really don't see a use for it. I would have liked it if you could combo after it or something.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
So how about that Up Laser? Outside of using it for the brutality, I really don't see a use for it. I would have liked it if you could combo after it or something.
It's useless. B1 serves as a better anti air(hell, half the cast's d1/3/4 serves as a better anti air), has no combo potential, and does doodoo for damage given those pitfalls

Lanqu

Noob
I feel the pain.. Speaking of recovery of b1. Before the nerf it almost wasn't reactable. Now it is reactable a lot! My friends keep getting in with the pokes.
About JC f3 - what makes is hard to read is that it cancels to F33 on the some last frames of F3.
B1 cancels to B13 somewhat reactable to.
And ofc, @Youphemism I can read the poke and the hell is gonna to happen and punish it. But you are loosing the offence momentum. That was my point before.
That'd be great to have -2 frames on block, but faster recovery. But we have what we have :) Still interesting to play new Kano

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
I only use it on a very hard read haha. Cause it wont trade and its swag.but yeah b1 can lead to more damage meterless than up laser EXed.

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
I only use it on a very hard read haha. Cause it wont trade and its swag.but yeah b1 can lead to more damage meterless than up laser EXed.
Lol enhanced up laser is stylish as fuck but biggest waste of meter there is haha. It'd be cool if you could at least use it in a run cancel combo, or make it do a bit more damage

Rude

I feel the pain.. Speaking of recovery of b1. Before the nerf it almost wasn't reactable. Now it is reactable a lot! My friends keep getting in with the pokes.
About JC f3 - what makes is hard to read is that it cancels to F33 on the some last frames of F3.
B1 cancels to B13 somewhat reactable to.
And ofc, @Youphemism I can read the poke and the hell is gonna to happen and punish it. But you are loosing the offence momentum. That was my point before.
That'd be great to have -2 frames on block, but faster recovery. But we have what we have :) Still interesting to play new Kano
It is not reactable. You're probably being too predictable with your pressure.

For all those interested, the recovery, post-patch, for b1 is 9 frames. -2 on block. So they have an 11 frame window to poke or armor between repetitions. B13 is -1 on block so if you choose to continue b1 pressure they can poke out.

However, you can always finish the string if you read a poke out. B13 recovers in 23 frames.

As a frame of reference, Johnny Cage F3 recovered in 27.

Again, for the 100,000,000th time, it's fine.

You have to make better reads than before, but it is still very good.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!

For all those interested, the recovery, post-patch, for b1 is 9 frames. -2 on block. So they have an 11 frame window to poke or armor between repetitions. B13 is -1 on block so if you choose to continue b1 pressure they can poke out.

However, you can always finish the string if you read a poke out. B13 recovers in 23 frames.

I wish I could read :( but I agree with you

dribirut

BLAK FELOW

Smh you're stilllllllllllll not taking recovery frames into consideration

Rude

dribirut: 1736947 said:
Smh you're stilllllllllllll not taking recovery frames into consideration
Did you not read where i specifically mentioned the recovery? I even drew a comparison to Cage pressure, which recovered slower after f3 than b1.

Go read it again. I mentioned it twice. TWICE. You may be the worst troll ever.

Rude

Again: Duration of Cage's F3 is aroubd 36 frames from start to recovery. It starts in 9 and recovers in 27.

Kano's b1 starts at nine and recovers in nine. Thats 18 frames of recovery. Even if you add in the -2, that's still 22 to Johnny's 27 in MK9.
And Dizzy made hay with F3, F3 constantly.

People grossly overestimate their reaction times, for one thing.

Secondly, as I've said before, both the Kano player and the opponent have to make reads during this.

I double checked the recovery and in the game has it at nine.

If you want, we can hash this out in PM, but I'm not going to further clutter this thread with this discussion.

Dean

On The Grind
Again: Duration of Cage's F3 is aroubd 36 frames from start to recovery. It starts in 9 and recovers in 27.

Kano's b1 starts at nine and recovers in nine. Thats 18 frames of recovery. Even if you add in the -2, that's still 22 to Johnny's 27 in MK9.
And Dizzy made hay with F3, F3 constantly.

People grossly overestimate their reaction times, for one thing.

Secondly, as I've said before, both the Kano player and the opponent have to make reads during this.

I double checked the recovery and in the game has it at nine.

If you want, we can hash this out in PM, but I'm not going to further clutter this thread with this discussion.
I made an account on here for several reasons, primarily to get better.

The other being because Kano's B1 is fucking junk now, if you think its still good and viable then I would love to see some video of you being able to sustain his B1 in proper matches.

Its not viable anymore and I'm not completely against the Nerf but they really messed it up in general. Others have stated a viable Nerf that would've been sutible, this is just junk now.

Kano cyber is so hard to open people up now, I love Kano but I'm getting bodied every game now and I'm being smutthered and can't get in on anyone.

Its really disappointing and I'm beyond frustrated right now. I want to be good at this game so badly but I refuse to use a lot of these cheap characters in this game.

I'm not attacking you by the way, I'm just stating my opinion on that matter.

I would love any help I could get with Kano if someone wants to do casuals and help me to get better.

Xbone - Deanicity

Rude

The other being because Kano's B1 is fucking junk now, if you think its still good and viable then I would love to see some video of you being able to sustain his B1 in proper matches.

Its not viable anymore and I'm not completely against the Nerf but they really messed it up in general. Others have stated a viable Nerf that would've been sutible, this is just junk now.

Kano cyber is so hard to open people up now, I love Kano but I'm getting bodied every game now and I'm being smutthered and can't get in on anyone.

Its really disappointing and I'm beyond frustrated right now. I want to be good at this game so badly but I refuse to use a lot of these cheap characters in this game.

I would love any help I could get with Kano if someone wants to do casuals and help me to get better.

Xbone - Deanicity

I'm sorry you feel that way, man. I don't know what to say anymore.

you can anti-air jump attacks that beat your b1 or d3 on read

Xbone - Deanicity
sounds like youre playing the character wrong. cyber kano is not a pressure character, he plays zoning and footsies to open oppents up.

All this whining over B1 is a little ridiculous, so what if you can't machine gun b1 on block anymore, Kano is still a damn good character. If you really relied on B1 THAT MUCH, you aren't playing Kano right at all.
i agree, people think their characters need to be borderline broken to be good.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
b+1 is still usable as a poke, anti-aerial attack, and punishing tool, which is how the move has always been intended to be used. Pre-patch b+1 was broken. It was twice as good as Thunder God Raiden's f+1,2, which will probably be also normalized, in terms of lock down ability.

I agree that Cybernetic Kano is no longer a top tier character. He has clear weaknesses. The lack of mix ups is a tremendous issue. As is the subpar damage output.