What's new

General/Other - Cybernetic Kano's Cybernetic Variation Discussion Thread

b+1 is still usable as a poke, anti-aerial attack, and punishing tool, which is how the move has always been intended to be used. Pre-patch b+1 was broken. It was twice as good as Thunder God Raiden's f+1,2, which will probably be also normalized, in terms of lock down ability.

I agree that Cybernetic Kano is no longer a top tier character. He has clear weaknesses. The lack of mix ups is a tremendous issue. As is the subpar damage output.
how is 35% from a 11 punish subpar?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
b+1 is still usable as a poke, anti-aerial attack, and punishing tool, which is how the move has always been intended to be used. Pre-patch b+1 was broken. It was twice as good as Thunder God Raiden's f+1,2, which will probably be also normalized, in terms of lock down ability.

I agree that Cybernetic Kano is no longer a top tier character. He has clear weaknesses. The lack of mix ups is a tremendous issue. As is the subpar damage output.
I think he can still do well in a lot of match ups. His damage could use attention but he still has good footsie tools.

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
what scorpion thread? and yes, sure there are tips for commando, what exactly are you looking for?
The one where the guy was whining about Scorpions b2, he got it together after enough people jumped on him but it was funny. And just a general game plan? My cyber Kano is on point but they play so differently it doesn't help a lot

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
how is 35% from a 11 punish subpar?
He has to spend meter, otherwise he maxes out at 29%.

Cybernetic Kano is a very solid jack of all trades character but he just doesn't have anything dirty anymore(prepatch b1) like characters such as Raiden, scorpion, kung Jin, etc

The one where the guy was whining about Scorpions b2, he got it together after enough people jumped on him but it was funny. And just a general game plan? My cyber Kano is on point but they play so differently it doesn't help a lot
oh didnt see that one.

about commando, 1st: throw knives. make them impatient. 2nd if the get close: parry, armored command throw, run up command throw, or footsie tools. 3rd on knockdown the kano train starts, espacially in the corner. i prefer to pressure with 3,2. on block follow up with mb command grab, on hit with regular, the hitstun is very long and you can catch them on their first "free" frame. go for njp if they try to jump out. if they have meter go for parry, and try to put them back in the corner afterwards with reverse command throw. in general commando is a lot about reading your opponent tendencies.

Cybernetic Kano is a very solid jack of all trades character but he just doesn't have anything dirty anymore(prepatch b1) like characters such as Raiden, scorpion, kung Jin, etc
i still dont see how that is bad damge. he is not raiden, but hes also not commando kano.

Last edited:

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
Commando Kano almost seems best suited to sets, online against randoms sounds like a death wish at times unless you make amazing reads on the reg

Commando Kano almost seems best suited to sets, online against randoms sounds like a death wish at times unless you make amazing reads on the reg
nice, you understood that pretty quick :D but you will notice tendencies among them too. parries and command throws are nothing they like

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
Do you think ex grabs should do more damage? He has problems with damage output as is and using an enhanced grab can be a big gamble at times it seems, plus he is a goddamn grappler who lacks combos lol. Maybe like 22% at least? Maybe not tho I mean 20 is a lot...I guess I'm askin does he need buffs? And if so what?

Do you think ex grabs should do more damage? He has problems with damage output as is and using an enhanced grab can be a big gamble at times it seems, plus he is a goddamn grappler who lacks combos lol. Maybe like 22% at least? Maybe not tho I mean 20 is a lot...I guess I'm askin does he need buffs? And if so what?
nah hes fine. once you get that feeling of the kano train running youll understand :coffee:

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
He doesn't lack combos. Any string can be confirmed into Ex ball cancel njp

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.

Nearly ever character has to spend meter to get good damage. 29% is good in comparison with most of the cast.

Does anyone know a good way to do the 2+4 input? I usually do 1+3 with the "throw button" on my DS4 (PC player), but I have a macro that presses 1+3 at the same time rather than a specific throw input. Is there a way to achieve the same with 2+4? It isnt shorthand for any input, like 3+4 being stanceswap, is it?

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
i want every person saying that to record themselves doing it 10/10 . anyway he can extend his combos with MB ball cancel in easier ways, yes. just isnt worth it imo, except for closing a round.
That's what people said about kabal pressure. Just keep practicing and you can do it in time. Its entirely doable, you just need to level up your execution if you want to. It's a redundant talking point saying he doesn't have combos.

That's what people said about kabal pressure. Just keep practicing and you can do it in time. Its entirely doable, you just need to level up your execution if you want to. It's a redundant talking point saying he doesn't have combos.
as i said, record plz.

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
i want every person saying that to record themselves doing it 10/10 . anyway he can extend his combos with MB ball cancel in easier ways, yes. just isnt worth it imo, except for closing a round.
Doesn't the ex ball push them too far away for a njp? Cuz I'm in training trying to ex ball cancel and then do a njp and it's literally impossible mid screen

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
as i said, record plz.
What difference does it make? It can be done, and because the timing is the same from every string you just have to practice the same timing. I don't main Kano but anyone that does NEEDS to practice this because it's very practical, just tricky.

What difference does it make? It can be done, and because the timing is the same from every string you just have to practice the same timing. I don't main Kano but anyone that does NEEDS to practice this because it's very practical, just tricky.
the difference it makes? to see that this is not a bnb as people claim but some silly youtube swag.

Ahh okay, jesus that's a tight execution window
thx for proof. and actually its 2 really tight Windows in a row. 1st you gotta cancel and dash in time which is probably a 2 frame window and then make the njp connect on the way up which is probably another 2 frame window.

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
the difference it makes? to see that this is not a bnb as people claim but some silly youtube swag.

thx for proof. and actually its 2 really tight Windows in a row. 1st you gotta cancel and dash in time which is probably a 2 frame window and then make the njp connect on the way up which is probably another 2 frame window.
Ex ball cancel works great in commando cuz you can easily do a b23db1 and rock tits that way but doing an njp seems like a good way to potentially waste meter for only decent damage.

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
Off topic, how many times did you gamble to get Kano's Pop Off brutality? I've done it no joke at least 40 times I'm getting pissed, just do statues for fucks sake lol