What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano General Discussion Thread

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
1. I WANT THIS GODDAMN PATCH RIGHT NOW SO I CAN MOP UP THE ASSHAT THAT ELIMINATED ME. YOU HEAR THAT SUMMER JAM ROOMATE, I WANT MY RUNBACK YOU SON OF A-
2. Cutthroat is on the clock to nerfing it seems, but I want @Youphemism to do me a favor and see how much the cancels into F212 F212 RC 112 xx BF3 do.
3. Also, you can do 2 xx BF3 instead of 2F4

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
1. I WANT THIS GODDAMN PATCH RIGHT NOW SO I CAN MOP UP THE ASSHAT THAT ELIMINATED ME. YOU HEAR THAT SUMMER JAM ROOMATE, I WANT MY RUNBACK YOU SON OF A-
2. Cutthroat is on the clock to nerfing it seems, but I want @Youphemism to do me a favor and see how much the cancels into F212 F212 RC 112 xx BF3 do.
3. Also, you can do 2 xx BF3 instead of 2F4
Video's up by the way, at least one of them. They'll update soon I'd think.

They do less damage, 44% off OH and 42% off the low.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Video's up by the way, at least one of them. They'll update soon I'd think.

They do less damage, 44% off OH and 42% off the low.
Yeah, I don't know how long this is gonna last, because that's EASY 40%+ You mind trying the old combo(B12xxDD3EX 112 xx DB1EX F212 RC 112 xx BF3)? PSBoyz can't play patch

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
up laser is super useful against total/sonya jumpin 1 at max range. you don't risk trades.
however they can empty jump punish.
can't seem to find use for it on mid screen combos aside from whiffing it after b13/23 3+4 MB.
40%+/- off b312 with 1 meter is pretty sweet to close out rounds.

big smiley :D

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
@Youphemism two quick questions to disrupt your super enjoyment of testing right now lol.

1) How tight is doing string/EX Buff/continue combo, after the patch? It was a 1link pre-patch, but did they changes make it "kinda easier" or "hella easier"?

2) If you do say, F4 EX Buff is it safe on block, plus for more pressure, or punishable?

Youphemism

@Youphemism two quick questions to disrupt your super enjoyment of testing right now lol.

1) How tight is doing string/EX Buff/continue combo, after the patch? It was a 1link pre-patch, but did they changes make it "kinda easier" or "hella easier"?

2) If you do say, F4 EX Buff is it safe on block, plus for more pressure, or punishable?
1. It's fucking piss easy. I haven't missed it yet. You can only do it off of EX buff though.

2. F4~ex buff specifically is safe but not plus on block.
corner. change ender to up laser ex then nj1(on the way down) 112 ball.
Explain.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
1. It's fucking piss easy. I haven't missed it yet. You can only do it off of EX buff though.

2. F4~ex buff specifically is safe but not plus on block.
Wow. This is, intriguing.

I have no idea why Cutt got the legit buffs and Cyber/Comm got the "here's some candy" buffs but I shall not complain. What is done is done, and it should be clear now that Cutt is the most viable variation, if it wasn't clear already.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
I think you can do B31 xx DD3 112 xx DB1 EX F212 RC 112 xx BF3 as well. so yeah. So many options for so much damage, and you can really pick which great combo based on your execution level

Youphemism

Wow. This is, intriguing.

I have no idea why Cutt got the legit buffs and Cyber/Comm got the "here's some candy" buffs but I shall not complain. What is done is done, and it should be clear now that Cutt is the most viable variation, if it wasn't clear already.
I mean there was never any doubt in my mind that Cutthroat was the best but this should solidify it for everyone. I would've liked to have seen more meaningful buffs for Cyber and Commando but I guess they don't want to do what they've just done to Cutthroat lmao.
b312>11>11>112>uplaser ex>njp>112>ball
or b312>32>112>uplaser ex>njp>112>ball
40%

uplaser ex to grab is also possible. 39% I believe
Don't 2+4MB combos do more damage though?
I think you can do B31 xx DD3 112 xx DB1 EX F212 RC 112 xx BF3 as well. so yeah. So many options for so much damage, and you can really pick which great combo based on your execution level
Only EX buff. So it'd be B31~DD3EX, 112~DB1EX etc

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
I mean there was never any doubt in my mind that Cutthroat was the best but this should solidify it for everyone. I would've liked to have seen more meaningful buffs for Cyber and Commando but I guess they don't want to do what they've just done to Cutthroat lmao.

Don't 2+4MB combos do more damage though?

Only EX buff. So it'd be B31~DD3EX, 112~DB1EX etc
Oh yeah I know, I'm just lazy or forgetful. I forget which one and I'm too lazy to figure it out.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
And Youphie, they actually don't, because B31 xx DB1 B312 32 B132+4MB NJP JIP 112 xx BF3 does 39%, and his combo doesn't have the B31 xx DB1 and does 39-40

Youphemism

How do you know these have heavy damage scaling? What can kano get with 32, 1+3MB, NJP/ji1, RC 32, 32 xx dfb4?
...by going into the lab and testing it lol. I get the ai to jump then space myself so only one hit from the moves im testing will hit then do a specific move. Whichever move I did that scaled it less has better scaling.

So in this case I spaced myself so only 2+4MB hit from B132+4MB then did B1, then tried ex up laser ran and did B1. 2+4MB scaled less