What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano General Discussion Thread

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Only one change to each of his variations? What about hitbox fixes?
They're not really showing those off or talking about them. They'll likely fall under the same quality of life fixes and be on the patch notes

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
They're not really showing those off or talking about them. They'll likely fall under the same quality of life fixes and be on the patch notes
I suppose, I'm at least happy that Kano has more ways to combo in each of his variations.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I am going to be playing Cutthroat a lot more now that the 70% is much easier...

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
  • Kano - Adjusted several regular attack collisions to hit more consistently on ducking opponents and in combos
  • Kano - Slightly increased the hit cancel advantage on Away+FP, Away+FP,BP, Towards+BP, Towards+BP,FP, Towards+FK,FK, Away+FK, Away+FK,FP, Towards+BK
  • Kano - Up Ball & Uprise Ball will now hit twice on block more often on ducking opponents
  • Kano - Air Ball is no longer punishable if used at the end of some long combos
  • Kano (CutThroat) - Decreased the dam buff on Charge Up to 33% down from 50%
  • Kano (CutThroat) - Reduced the recovery on Charge Up by 13 frames
  • Kano (Cybernetic) - Reduced the meter gain from Upward Laser
  • Kano (Cybernetic) - Adjusted the reaction on Upward Laser (Meter Burn) to allow for slightly easier follow up combo
  • Kano (Cybernetic) - Upward Laser now has 10 startup frames (down from 16) and does 7 damage (down from 9)
  • Kano (Commando) - You can now meter burn the last hit of the FK,BP,Throw/FP+FK combo to allow for a combo follow-up
Source: http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Latest-Updates/Patch-Notes-8-31-2015/ba-p/756091

Error

DF2+R2
  • Kano - Slightly increased the hit cancel advantage on Away+FP, Away+FP,BP, Towards+BP, Towards+BP,FP, Towards+FK,FK, Away+FK, Away+FK,FP, Towards+BK
-prays to the Elder Gods for a new tick throw to be in one of these normals-

Edit: misread that this says "hit" cancel, never mind these are all actually cutthroat buffs.

Last edited:

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
basically if Commando gets put into a corner you can reverse it into a full juggle combo into his trademark nasty corner pressure. almost instant comeback potential.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Nothing too big. Hitbox issues are nice. Im not digging the commando pop up only cause 32 isnt a great string unless your putting them in the corner. But we shall see.how yall feel about cutthroat? Losing damage but getting more set ups off of it? Cybers arnt bad. Kinda like yeah kewl. But didnt need it.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Maybe in certain match ups against good jump ins. Itll be much better. B1 and d2 did myjob well already. Well im excited

Youphemism

The majority of the buffs went to his best variation....what even? Lol

I mean it's cool we can do Cutthroat damage buff combos now, I'd like to see the output on that when we can get it.

Cyber's Up Laser getting buffed into utility is good, but with the amount of anti-air options he has already it might not even be worth it. We'll need to see what kind of damage he can get off of that too.

Commando getting the popup is cool, gives 32 more use. But if we have to do a different string into ball cancel into it first then....meh. We'll see.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Cyber's Up Laser getting buffed into utility is good, but with the amount of anti-air options he has already it might not even be worth it. We'll need to see what kind of damage he can get off of that too.
B1~Up Laser, B1~Up Laser. Best combo.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
The majority of the buffs went to his best variation....what even? Lol

I mean it's cool we can do Cutthroat damage buff combos now, I'd like to see the output on that when we can get it.

Commando getting the popup is cool, gives 32 more use. But if we have to do a different string into ball cancel into it first then....meh. We'll see.
Even though we dont always agree i agree with you right now haha.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
i wonder if EX lazer will just be regulated to a combo extender. seems a lot easier than blasting some guy on reaction and trying to chase him down before he hits the floor.

Youphemism

EX laser scales more than 2+4MB. Knew it wouldn't be that useful lol. It also juggles the opponent pretty far from you...

Youphemism

WE HAVE A NEW HUNTER PREDATOR, AND IT'S OFF A SAFE 50/50! HAHAHAHA WHY DID THEY BUFF THIS VARIATION?!

B31~DD3EX, F212, run cancel~1~DB1, run cancel~112~DB1EX, run cancel~112~BF3 = 55%
B12~DD3EX, F212, run cancel~1~DB1, run cancel~112~DB1EX, run cancel~112~BF3 = 57%

Guys we need to keep this quiet. DONT TELL ANYONE

Edit: 112~ball only connects nearer the corner but it's still 50% at least hahaha.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
WE HAVE A NEW HUNTER PREDATOR, AND IT'S OFF A SAFE 50/50! HAHAHAHA WHY DID THEY BUFF THIS VARIATION?!

B31~DD3EX, F212, run cancel~1~DB1, run cancel~112~DB1EX, run cancel~112~BF3 = 55%
B12~DD3EX, F212, run cancel~1~DB1, run cancel~112~DB1EX, run cancel~112~BF3 = 57%

Guys we need to keep this quiet. DONT TELL ANYONE

Edit: 112~ball only connects nearer the corner but it's still 50% at least hahaha.
try replacing 112 with 2 for conversions all over the screen?

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
His new popup looks like he easily has enough time to run under before juggling; so it may be possible to still keep them in the corner with it.