What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano General Discussion Thread

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
...by going into the lab and testing it lol. I get the ai to jump then space myself so only one hit from the moves im testing will hit then do a specific move. Whichever move I did that scaled it less has better scaling.

So in this case I spaced myself so only 2+4MB hit from B132+4MB then did B1, then tried ex up laser ran and did B1. 2+4MB scaled less
Wait, what? Is the patch out already or something?

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I too find these changes to be interesting and am looking forward to seeing where they go.

Hopefully we don't become a flavor of the month though.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Sorry I'm off for the night, it's 6am here lol. Ill check tomorrow if someone else doesn't before me.
Thanks.

Wood chipper does 18% and ji1 RC 32, 32 xx dfb4 does 28%(29% with NJP), for a total of 46%. Add some damage scaling and the combo SHOULD do 38%+ damage.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I too find these changes to be interesting and am looking forward to seeing where they go.

Hopefully we don't become a flavor of the month though.
Cutt looks pretty legit now. Can say too much else on the other variations just yet. I don't think he'll become the new flavor though. That's clearly going to Gunslinger Erron lol.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Cutt looks pretty legit now. Can say too much else on the other variations just yet. I don't think he'll become the new flavor though. That's clearly going to Gunslinger Erron lol.
I wouldn't be so sure. Gunslinger got better but I'm not seeing it getting HUGELY greater. Definitely better though no doubt.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I wouldn't be so sure. Gunslinger got better but I'm not seeing it getting HUGELY greater. Definitely better though no doubt.
The guys in the Erron forum are talking it up as if it's his best variation now and Sonic came in saying he loves the variation lol. The bandwagon is about to overload there real soon I think. -.-

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
So yeah, I will say I'm baffled about Cutthroat getting more love than Cybernetic and Commando in this patch.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Maybe, but Cutthroat is just straight silly right now from what's been presented
Yea on paper it's looking powerful right now. Being in the corner against this would be enough reason alone to just put the controller down lol. I don't have a prob with combos into buff because I feel like this was already intended, and they expanded on what was a 1f link into multiple strings. At least he's very meter/stamina dependent in this variation to help balance the tools but still. Still.

Almost all of us agreed that Cutt didn't need anything, yet this happened. I want to give it a few days to process and test out before jumping too fast on the "he's too powerful" wagon like so many people have been wrong about with other characters from initial reactions in the past. But buffing what was already the best variation because it was "used the least" can, and may, have a serious impact.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
I wouldn't say Cutthroat is too powerful, but I think he'll have an easier time with the tops tiers. Does Charge Up leave him + on any strings on block now? Similar to Kotal Kahn's 114 xx df1?

VaderFett

Cry-o me a river!
I tried Kano a few times and did alright with him. But now after all the buffs they gave to the 3 variations, I might pick him up more now. Definitely looks fun to play.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
11 and 2 still whiff on the same characters, but 2 seems to hit on everyone
Not on scorp. He can still crouch duck 11, 2, knife (comm/CT), raw choke. He can duck the mid knife from EX knife any longer though EDIT: Nvm in the corner he can. Fuck scorpion

I wouldn't say Cutthroat is too powerful, but I think he'll have an easier time with the tops tiers. Does Charge Up leave him + on any strings on block now? Similar to Kotal Kahn's 114 xx df1?
Yeah the charge seems to leave him plus from at least f21 but only played him for a few minutes as i have work but im sure he will be plus or very safe on almost all his strings. This patch to me is feeling like sf4 omega edition. Lol while i love my kano buffs some of the other things im finding just seems too good or glitched. Especially pyro tanya 30% grabs. Quan buffs were ridiculous as if he wasnt already super top. Hopefully Kano stays as is while attention is focused on the other crazy character changes.

Last edited:

Gofer_MK_

Banned
Let's don't rush it to the top tier like Pig did with Kenshi after his last buffs, because we might end up equally disapointed. ;)

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
So yeah, I will say I'm baffled about Cutthroat getting more love than Cybernetic and Commando in this patch.
Yeah this makes no sense to me. It's like how they focussed on buffing Bone Shaper more than Impostor and Necromancer. What the hell were they thinking? Lol. Cyber and Commando are the ones that should be getting meaningful gameplan-changing buffs over Cutthroat, it already had the safe 50/50 and damage.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
@Zatoichi i don't think you can get a neutral jump off commandos new juggle. Tested it last night. Maybe a quick run cancel then njp.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
In cutthroat they just gave us easier more damage combo especially midscreen but he in line with most characters.
He still scary in corner and we still have the same 50/50 but can just keep up with top tiers now which is awesome.

I can't wait to get off work and start really getting into what he can do now. Gotta get ready to bring him out in a couple weeks in tournament

@Zatoichi i don't think you can get a neutral jump off commandos new juggle. Tested it last night. Maybe a quick run cancel then njp.
Seeing as you can't NJP out of a run, you'll have to do something like run-tap down-NJP. You can forward jump punch out of a run, which will ground Kano, and you might be able to 112-power slam or something after grounding. I'll mess around with it later, see what I can find.