What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano General Discussion Thread

Error

DF2+R2
I mean, only the Cyber Kano(Coach Steve) was successful, his Commando got bodied as did Adonis' Cutthroat.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I mean, only the Cyber Kano(Coach Steve) was successful, his Commando got bodied as did Adonis' Cutthroat.
Adonis' Cutthroat didn't get bodied, the other guy had to switch characters after Adonis won whatever game he won. Steve's Commando got bodied but according to Saltface Kano loses that matchup anyway so I guess that was expected? He didn't seem that familiar with the matchup anyway but yeah. Cyber was barely successful as well, he lost the first match even though it's one of his best matchups but made it back for the win lol.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
Yep, I use it a lot until people start acting around it by crouching and low profiling, then I back off using it as much.
3 is a mid, though?

I like it in Commando. Fast start up, easily hit confirmable, and it's probably the easiest to execute juggle string.

I haven't found much use for 2F4. It seems like a "Get off me" string, which is rarely if ever something I want with Kano. You can use it to punish moves with strong pushback and blockstun though. Speaking of, what's the optimal punish for Bojutsu's Bo Spin on block?

3 is a mid, though?

I like it in Commando. Fast start up, easily hit confirmable, and it's probably the easiest to execute juggle string.

I haven't found much use for 2F4. It seems like a "Get off me" string, which is rarely if ever something I want with Kano. You can use it to punish moves with strong pushback and blockstun though. Speaking of, what's the optimal punish for Bojutsu's Bo Spin on block?
3 is a mid. Short range, but quick.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Any other Kano mains from here show up to summer jam? I was hoping to run into some Kano mains, but the Closest I got was a passing coversation with coach steve which was kind of a bummer. But other than that and being eliminated by my roomate, it was a great experience, and convinced me to go to NEC

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Any other Kano mains from here show up to summer jam? I was hoping to run into some Kano mains, but the Closest I got was a passing coversation with coach steve which was kind of a bummer. But other than that and being eliminated by my roomate, it was a great experience, and convinced me to go to NEC
Well Adonis busted his Cutthroat out at one point, besides him and Steve I didn't see any other Kanos on stream.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
I am gonna be in class during the patch stream, if they dont post a full list of changes can someone post up in here what they discussed? I'd be in your debt forever :3

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
yeah; I'm at work ready to watch them as soon as they come on. I'm sure they'll provide a list for people to read after the stream is over but I'll post about it too if there isn't one.

FlappyDaniel

we already knew about that so we'll see what specifically gets fixed with him. Hopefully they'll specifically point out 112.

FlappyDaniel

I wish tyler wasn't the only person who cares about Kano at NRS. Can't even pull off his NJP combo after the new launcher.

no Mention of 112 at all on him, we'll have to wait to test I guess.

FlappyDaniel

Honestly kinda surprised those were the only changes; will have to wait for the list to see; but the Commando buff was more or less a luxury one. Would have liked to see something that actually changes his play a little.

Miharo, they didn't say it'll always hit twice they said "it may be a bit better"

edit: That being said I'm still shitting myself over the new possibilities.

Last edited:

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Honestly kinda surprised those were the only changes; will have to wait for the list to see; but the Commando buff was more or less a luxury one. Would have liked to see something that actually changes his play a little.

Miharo, they didn't say it'll always hit twice they said "it may be a bit better"

edit: That being said I'm still shitting myself over the new possibilities.
On the other hand, I'm going to go HAM into Cutthroat now