What's new

General/Other - Takeda Kano B1 abuse vs Takeda

b1.

So what he doesn't have an overhead? Did you guys not read what me and Zyphox are saying about the move? Also, you guys never mentioned that it also anti-airs pretty nicely.
I never said anything about an overhead. And what if it anti airs pretty nicely? That is not the problem you have with the move. The problem I have is suggesting a nerf for a move and tagging paulo. You don't know what problems kano might have against other characters if you nerf it.

I am not against voicing opinions, but at this point with less than 3 weeks into the game I think the only thing you should be talking about is your own character.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
LOOOOOOOOOL i just went into his Commando variation. not only does he keep b1, but he has an 11 frame command throw, so while i'm sitting there block b1's all day he can just open me up with a command throw!!! THE FUCKING NERVE some of you have over here saying kano doesn't have options without b1 WOW.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
LOOOOOOOOOL i just went into his Commando variation. not only does he keep b1, but he has an 11 frame command throw, so while i'm sitting there block b1's all day he can just open me up with a command throw!!! THE FUCKING NERVE some of you have over here saying kano doesn't have options without b1 WOW.
We said Cyber Kano doesn't have options.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
I am pretty sure you CAN armor through b1. Takeda might even get combo damage out of this, while every b1 only causes only 1% chip...

Then again every proper Kano-Player will mix things up and use the hitconfirmable b1, 3, 2+4 string (mb into combo). So at the end of the day Kano has the advantage up close... However closecombat is nothing that Kano would seek, as he is a zoning-character after all... That's why he got no overhead, you know?!

To even get close enough for a b1, you have to get past midscreen and that's where Takeda is way (!) stronger than Kano.

Everything Kano has up close is some chip, while other characters - with options to actually close the distance - got a 50/50-vortex...

Once people start to whine about 1%-chip everything is lost! :(

Zyphox

No there is no "welcome to" anything You're the one playing a character that you're unhappy about him having an issue. If you don't like slow normals then switch characters ou "welcome" yourself and stick with him. We already have to deal with our own bs against certain characters. Destroying our B1 would make Cyber Kano utterly useless against 95% of the roster for the duration of MKX.

You're playing a character, choosing to use him, so that's where "deal with it" comes into play. Not "I can't handle B1 so if I cry loud enough it can be nerfed to make me happy and now you deal with it". You're sounding like the people who want to nerf Jacqui's guns because they don't like neutral ducking. As I said before, how do you nerf B1 without making Kano completely and utterly garbage? How?

There's nothing wrong with B1. There's a select few characters that have issues with it up close, and plenty that can handle it just fine. 3/4 of the roster can make a statement like that. I wouldn't have an issue if you were clamoring for faster normals, but not to nerf a characters literally one and only strong pressure tool.
you must be partially dyslexic. i do not have a problem with kano keeping back 1, IF i had a faster normal to deal with it. please go back and read, i was being sarcastic to you, basically saying to you what has been told to me by billstickers and sloth the entire time. Commando kano has the same b1 AND can command grab me, so if i don't have a faster d1 into interrupt i get my shit pushed in by b1 command grab mix ups, which he would still have if i had a faster d1 mind you.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Lol he has dumber stuff in commando than just that. d3 and d4 literally tick into command throw on block.

b1 is golden in Commando. It's an extra good tool in Cybernetic that helps set up throws.

9f mid, anti-airs, -1 on block, very fast recovery, catches some backdashes. It's strong. Once m2dave found out about it when we played, I stopped actually having any convincing wins vs him.

Note, I'm not saying nerf it. I'm just saying the shit's good lol.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
You played Flash in Injustice. "The fucking nerve" of a Flash player complaining about B1.

Zyphox

We said Cyber Kano doesn't have options.
see i'm happy to keep kano the way he is, but why not give characters that get raped by it a chance? he can still b1, b13, b1, b1 etc even IF i can poke out with ONE move, that and you can also counter poke and ARMOR THROUGH MY POKE!!! thats all im asking for, dont nerf kano, just give me ONE viable option. inb4 yeah you can armor bro, again.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
see i'm happy to keep kano the way he is, but why not give characters that get raped by it a chance? he can still b1, b13, b1, b1 etc even IF i can poke out with ONE move, that and you can also counter poke and ARMOR THROUGH MY POKE!!! thats all im asking for, dont nerf kano, just give me ONE viable option. inb4 yeah you can armor bro, again.
but that is a viable option

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
and when i don't have meter?
i dont know why d2 is working for me and not working for you. its still not making any sense to me. even though the frame data is different, move is still 0 on block and b1 is a frame faster and d2 is a frame faster, so it really shouldn't make a difference.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
and I hate getting hit by full screen overheads and teleports. Your character has footsies and mobility on his side, mine (commando kano) has close up pressure on his. Adapt accordingly.

edit: That being said, if balance changes are made, your character getting a slight buff is better then characters getting nerfed.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
you must be partially dyslexic. i do not have a problem with kano keeping back 1, IF i had a faster normal to deal with it. please go back and read, i was being sarcastic to you, basically saying to you what has been told to me by billstickers and sloth the entire time. Commando kano has the same b1 AND can command grab me, so if i don't have a faster d1 into interrupt i get my shit pushed in by b1 command grab mix ups, which he would still have if i had a faster d1 mind you.
Never played Commando and probably never will so I can't comment on that.

But that's what this game is. Bs mixups. A good Kano isn't supposed to do 5 B1's in a row, and most likely won't. They'll mix it up to try and open you up. It's literally the one and only way he can in Cyber. If it wasn't for that he'd be absolutely bottom of the barrel garbage. Look at half the roster and the the insane mixups and pressure they have, then look at B1. It pales in comparison.

You want an "easy to interrupt it" tool, but then how easy would that MU be? If everyone had faster frames to easily get out of Cyber Kano's B1 pressure, then what would be the point of ever using Cyber Kano? To throw knives until they start getting close and then put the controller down? I'm having a very hard time seeing any solution that doesn't completely repeat the MK9 death of the character.

if flash could just b1 all day against some characters like kano can, then i can see your argument, now you just sounds like a salty fuck.
Flash can do much more than B1. Especially against Raven. I'm still salty.

Zyphox

i dont know why d2 is working for me and not working for you. its still not making any sense to me. even though the frame data is different, move is still 0 on block and b1 is a frame faster and d2 is a frame faster, so it really shouldn't make a difference.
its not just me man, if both players are frame perfect it trades. yeah maybe the player is off a frame.....maybe he's not.

Fenixy

Noob
Because you inputing Kano b1 1 frame late. I play on PC and Takedas d2 doesn't work.

Zyphox

Wouldnt the trade be in your favor, its a d2.

Just for arguments sake btw. Dont start jumping on me
not against cyber kano, commando for sure, but cyber kano zoning is really good against takeda since he is so slow. i can reversal a knife and punish ONLY if kano's are just through knifes in reckless abandon. air ball is really good against takeda and ex knives too. its a mind game from 3/4 screen, if i throw a kunai he can punish with air ball, and if he throws two knives in a row i can punish with tele. also MB ball armors through anything into kunai so once im knocked down just do like a 11 or something on my knockdown to beat any armored wakes ups i have, even if i dont wake up you recover fast enough where you can just b1 pressure me after a knockdown.

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
Please NEVER suggest d2 as a counter poke move or a solution for someone's pressure again. This isn't MK9/IGAU. D2s are VERY punishable on whiff/block.

As far as I'm concerned, d2s should only be used to anti-air.