What's new

General/Other - Takeda Kano B1 abuse vs Takeda

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I have no choice anyway, I can't upercut, d1d2d3d4, slide, standing 1, or back dash. I will block all day long then !

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Lol you can't be serious about this statement.

For the record, Reptile's only answer to b1 on block without meter is reversal slide or dash, at least from what the frame data indicates. May I remind you that b132+4 exists, though, and b1's recovery is pretty OD. I'm realistically not reacting to that all the time. Backdashing isn't always an option if it doesn't cover enough ground fast enough (Reptile's comes to mind).

Just because it gets low profiled by some characters doesn't diminish its strengths. Also, Kano is way better than people want to make him out to be. Should just let Coach Steve steamroll people until everyone actually understands.
NO DONT DO IT DONTAY he is an expert!!!!! you're just going to have to hold that man, its fine and not braindead.

For the record, Reptile's only answer to b1 on block without meter is reversal slide or dash, at least from what the frame data indicates. May I remind you that b132+4 exists, though, and b1's recovery is pretty OD. I'm realistically not reacting to that all the time. Backdashing isn't always an option if it doesn't cover enough ground fast enough (Reptile's comes to mind).

Just because it gets low profiled by some characters doesn't diminish its strengths. Also, Kano is way better than people want to make him out to be. Should just let Coach Steve steamroll people until everyone actually understands.
The game is not even 3 weeks old and konqr goes on to suggest B1 should be a high and even tags paulo. Smfh you guys act like making a mid into a high isnt a huge nerf.

Zyphox

I have no choice anyway, I can't upercut, d1d2d3d4, slide, standing 1, or back dash. I will block all day long then !
thats the spirit, TYM is not a place where you can just come to and tell people when a new game comes out that something might be slightly too powerful!!!!! thats a sin!!! wait you have no safe option against braindead pressure? hold that.... wait the character is a zoner too? god forbid that a character with the fastest mid hitting projectile where to have a braindead option up close!!!!!!!!!

Zyphox

The game is not even 3 weeks old and konqr goes on to suggest B1 should be a high and even tags paulo. Smfh you guys act like making a mid into a high isnt a huge nerf.
for the record i dont agree with that kind of nerf for b1, just make it so its not braindead, like imagine if MK9 cage was the same way? you just had to "hold that" f3 dawg all day!!! in MK9 every single character could interrupt f3 into another f3, but no we have the experts awkward sloth and dick nation and billstickers that just say "deal with it" lol i'm done.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Seriously? This is what we're complaining about?? With allllll the bullshit in this game, B1? Kano's basically only good pressure normal? All he has is B1 and knives in Cyber. Some characters have a multitude of like 7-8 overpowered things in one variation, yet we talkin about B1??? Nerf B1 and what do you get? A GARBAGE USELESS CHARACTER for the next 3 years just like MK9 Kano.

What do you want him to do? Lunging B2 with 100 frames startup? Grab as the only option? What would he do with a slower or high B1 with no overhead, other than get UTTERLY DESTROYED at close range??? What's the suggestion? How do you nerf B1 without making Cyber Kano completely unviable? Unless you're lowering the frames to make it an OVERHEAD as a solution then leave it the fuck alone so we can actually play a character that can win matches.

I dont care how much I play this game right now. If B1 gets nerfed because of bullshit like this and I'm free to get blown up any time the ENTIRE ROSTER gets within close range I'm done with this game faster than I ran to pick it up.

for the record i dont agree with that kind of nerf for b1, just make it so its not braindead, like imagine if MK9 cage was the same way? you just had to "hold that" f3 dawg all day!!! in MK9 every single character could interrupt f3 into another f3, but no we have the experts awkward sloth and dick nation and billstickers that just say "deal with it" lol i'm done.
Actually the options you have now against kano are a lot better than at least 1/3 of the characters in mk9 had against cage. Imo it is okay to voice your concerns, but nerf suggestions are just bad at this point. Like can't we wait 1 more month? The majority of the good players in the scene haven't even attended a tournament yet or have never even played each other yet. I am not criticising you that much. But tagging paulo after 2,5 weeks saying something should be a high instead of a mid must be one of the worst things I have seen up until now.

Zyphox

Seriously? This is what we're complaining about?? With allllll the bullshit in this game, B1? Kano's basically only good pressure normal? All he has is B1 and knives in Cyber. Some characters have a multitude of like 7-8 overpowered things in one variation, yet we talkin about B1??? Nerf B1 and what do you get? A GARBAGE USELESS CHARACTER for the next 3 years just like MK9 Kano.

What do you want him to do? Lunging B2 with 100 frames startup? Grab as the only option? What would he do with a slower or high B1 with no overhead, other than get UTTERLY DESTROYED at close range??? What's the suggestion? How do you nerf B1 without making Cyber Kano completely unviable? Unless you're lowering the frames to make it an OVERHEAD as a solution then leave it the fuck alone so we can actually play a character that can win matches.

I dont care how much I play this game right now. If B1 gets nerfed because of bullshit like this and I'm free to get blown up any time the ENTIRE ROSTER gets within close range I'm done with this game faster than I ran to pick it up.
if b1 gets nerfed than deal with it bro. which is basically the same exact thing i've been told about how takeda has no options up close. welcome to characters where frames aren't on your side.

Zyphox

Actually the options you have now against kano are a lot better than at least 1/3 of the characters in mk9 had against cage. Imo it is okay to voice your concerns, but nerf suggestions are just bad at this point. Like can't we wait 1 more month? The majority of the good players in the scene haven't even attended a tournament yet or have never even played each other yet. I am not criticising you that much. But tagging paulo after 2,5 weeks saying something should be a high instead of a mid must be one of the worst things I have seen up until now.
again i never said to nerf it, and I never tagged paulo. just give me a a faster d1 to deal with, your killing two birds with one stone, on one hand kano keeps his b1, AND takeda can now interrupt pressure!!

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer

So Kano has no overhead in that variation and relies on pressure and reads to open the opponent up but you want to take away an ok tool in his arsenal not his best just an okay tool for pressure even though you have said you have ways out of it with armor and reversals oh and throws. 9 frame high/mid Attacks are too good.

Kano can't be good because he's not a Ninja.

I mean Takeda is a ninja with 3/4 screen 50/50s that are safe. That's okay but having a slight amount of pressure for a character with no real 50/50 would be too OP. B1 is the best string in the game you guys. Kano is never allowed to live.

again i never said to nerf it, and I never tagged paulo. just give me a a faster d1 to deal with, your killing two birds with one stone, on one hand kano keeps his b1, AND takeda can now interrupt pressure!!
I know that is why I said I am not criticising you that much. I know it was someone else. A better d1 sounds like a much better solution than nerfing the hell out of someones move.

if b1 gets nerfed than deal with it bro. which is basically the same exact thing i've been told about how takeda has no options up close. welcome to characters where frames aren't on your side.
There is a big difference between something being changed because of complaints and something being the way it originally was. People are playing the game how it is right now and you can't tell them to deal with it because the nerf came because you couldn't deal with it originally.

Zyphox

So Kano has no overhead in that variation and relies on pressure and reads to open the opponent up but you want to take away an ok tool in his arsenal not his best just an okay tool for pressure even though you have said you have ways out of it with armor and reversals oh and throws. 9 frame high/mid Attacks are too good.

Kano can't be good because he's not a Ninja.

I mean Takeda is a ninja with 3/4 screen 50/50s that are safe. That's okay but having a slight amount of pressure for a character with no real 50/50 would be too OP. B1 is the best string in the game you guys. Kano is never allowed to live.
can you tell me how takeda's 50/50's are safe again? shows what you know about takeda LOL. once you leave jump distance you dont have to worry about a low combo starter. b3 (low starter) into anything on block is interrupt able by any armor, and b1 by itself is -10000000000000000000000. b21 into kunai, armored through, b2, kunai armor through. b21 is -21 on block, if i whiff it has 47 recover frames. literally even goro can whiff punish b21 from full screen with a run up combo starter. reptile can punish b21 on hit!!!!! then once you do punish you're in my face!!! lol you are too funny, learn the character before you make assumptions.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
can you tell me how takeda's 50/50's are safe again? shows what you know about takeda LOL. once you leave jump distance you dont have to worry about a low combo starter. b3 (low starter) into anything on block is interrupt able by any armor, and b1 by itself is -10000000000000000000000. b21 into kunai, armored through, b2, kunai armor through. b21 is -21 on block, if i whiff it has 47 recover frames. literally even goro can whiff punish b21 from full screen with a run up combo starter. reptile can punish b21 on hit!!!!! then once you do punish you're in my face!!! lol you are too funny, learn the character before you make assumptions.
Maybe you should take your own advice and take Kano into the lab about his b1 and his OTHER tools and see how hard it is to open the opponent up as Kano.

AssassiN

Noob
Pretty much why I have moved on from Shirai Ryu to Ronin.
Where he actually gets legit damage when opening up the opponent and doesn't have to worry about armor as much.

Zyphox

Why are you all letting Kano into your house, though? Why shouldn't Kano be rewarded for getting in? Oh yeah and Takeda can backdash this shit and counterattack with standing 1.
kano does not need to come in in this MU, he can throw knives and bait my slow ass teleport. i have to get in on him with takeda of all characters, then once i'm in its b1 city. also you must be off doing b1 pressure, i still get hit during backdash and kano can just d4 before i can move after that little love tap i get for backdashing, which means more b1's.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I never said anything about nerfing it. That's where both you, and @Awkward Sloth took me wrong.

I'm just saying you are really selling it short.

Zyphox

Maybe you should take your own advice and take Kano into the lab about his b1 and his OTHER tools and see how hard it is to open the opponent up as Kano.
lol but how hard is it for kitana to open people up? i say deal with it to cyber kano LOL

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Im referring to konqr. What am I selling short?
b1.

So what he doesn't have an overhead? Did you guys not read what me and Zyphox are saying about the move? Also, you guys never mentioned that it also anti-airs pretty nicely.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
No there is no "welcome to" anything You're the one playing a character that you're unhappy about him having an issue. If you don't like slow normals then switch characters ou "welcome" yourself and stick with him. We already have to deal with our own bs against certain characters. Destroying our B1 would make Cyber Kano utterly useless against 95% of the roster for the duration of MKX.

You're playing a character, choosing to use him, so that's where "deal with it" comes into play. Not "I can't handle B1 so if I cry loud enough it can be nerfed to make me happy and now you deal with it". You're sounding like the people who want to nerf Jacqui's guns because they don't like neutral ducking. As I said before, how do you nerf B1 without making Kano completely and utterly garbage? How?

There's nothing wrong with B1. There's a select few characters that have issues with it up close, and plenty that can handle it just fine. 3/4 of the roster can make a statement like that. I wouldn't have an issue if you were clamoring for faster normals, but not to nerf a characters literally one and only strong pressure tool.