What's new

General/Other - Takeda Kano B1 abuse vs Takeda

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
you can option select moves on block in this game, by hold block and then mashing uppercut, the first frame that it allows i trade with kano's b1, but if he completes b13 2+4 i just ate a full combo. i didnt feel like sitting there in the video trying to trade with it, but i have tested it and included it in the OP there is an 8 frame gap between b1's and im doing an 8 frame move (updated frame data on xbox and ps4).
b13 2+4 is unsafe. pc frame data reads -11 b131+3 is plus one but i doubt anyone is really going to be able to hitconfirm that reliably

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
b13 2+4 is unsafe. pc frame data reads -11
im am takeda my fastest move is 11 frames which means no punish, the push back is too far for my d2 to reach it and if i do d2 he can whiff punish it afterwards, do you not trust in my abilities to test things?

oh and the updated data b13 2+4 is -8, which means i still wouldn't have been able to punish.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
im am takeda my fastest move is 11 frames which means no punish, the push back is too far for my d2 to reach it and if i do d2 he can whiff punish it afterwards, do you not trust in my abilities to test things?

oh and the updated data b13 2+4 is -8, which means i still wouldn't have been able to punish.
even if you dont have the ability to punish it, you still are at frame advantage. you can still do things like try to things like walk forward slightly and throw him into the corner, or try to land a low poke to get more advantage/distance, or force him to block something that does a lot of pushback. it seems like if you can land a d4 you can push him back to the range you want him to be at more or less. not guaranteed but certainly options. basically if he ends with b13 2+4 on block, he is essentially ending his offense

Last edited:

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
Not derpy post... forward moving mid 9f attack that is 0 on block and can be repeated forever with little consequence? THAT is derpy. Cyber Kano is MKX Kabal but you can't duck his projectiles. I'm not saying his knives are a problem at all, they are fine... but b1 has to be fixed. Just make it -1 and we're good.
no honestly it really doesn't need to be. the fact that you can still beat it out clean with d2 if he tries to abuse it on block and he can't hit confirm for any real damage should mean something. if he wants to go for his combo extender he ends up being -11 and if you can't punish it, he at least ends his offense

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
I like how in the video you had like 8 million opportunities to punish b1 and didn't take any of them lol.

Not derpy post... forward moving mid 9f attack that is 0 on block and can be repeated forever with little consequence? THAT is derpy. Cyber Kano is MKX Kabal but you can't duck his projectiles. I'm not saying his knives are a problem at all, they are fine... but b1 has to be fixed. Just make it -1 and we're good.
Please stop being dramatic.

is the problem here kano or is it takeda? B1 is good but are you seriously suggesting it to be nerfed.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.

Without even looking at Takeda's frame data, I can tell you that, assuming you're correct, his fastest move is 10 frames and negates unblock frames. It's called a throw. Check it out!

Zyphox

even if you dont have the ability to punish it, you still are at frame advantage. you can still do things like try to things like walk forward slightly and throw him into the corner, or try to land a low poke to get more advantage/distance, or force him to block something that does a lot of pushback. it seems like if you can land a d4 you can push him back to the range you want him to be at more or less. not guaranteed but certainly options. basically if he ends with b13 2+4 on block, he is essentially ending his offense
back in MK9 people said the exact same thing about johnny cage's b33f3, that once he did that move his offense ended. LOL. again you mentioned d2 beating it cleanly of he abuses it, thats not the case. if im cornered and he does b13 2+4 im still in the corner when he can back off and play containment. yeah now i have more options, but i'm still in the corner, still super slow. my point of this whole thing is he shouldn't be able to do that to me, if i had a fast poke i have atleast one option while being pressured thats all im asking for. most of the other characters have this man.

Zyphox

Bro at 6:16 you literally backdash a b1 to make it whiff and then WALK FORWARD RIGHT INTO ONE. Come on, son.
lol thats against the CPU, a human opponent would do something else once they see im in hit stun don't you think??

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
back in MK9 people said the exact same thing about johnny cage's b33f3, that once he did that move his offense ended. LOL. again you mentioned d2 beating it cleanly of he abuses it, thats not the case. if im cornered and he does b13 2+4 im still in the corner when he can back off and play containment. yeah now i have more options, but i'm still in the corner, still super slow. my point of this whole thing is he shouldn't be able to do that to me, if i had a fast poke i have atleast one option while being pressured thats all im asking for. most of the other characters have this man.
If you're seriously suggesting that Cage's pressure in MK9 was unfair then you need to stop playing fighting games forever.

1. it's f33b3 not b33f3. You don't even know what you're talking about.
2. the string you're thinking of is f33 that ends his pressure, and it does.
3. level. up.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog

i dont know man, maybe because were plaing on different versions im seeing something else but ive gotten d2 to win out cleanly many times. also i know nothing about mk9 so im not going to comment on that but -8 and not being very close to you kinda does mean his offense ends in theory since if he does anything that isn't defensive he woudl probably lose to buttons

Zyphox

Without even looking at Takeda's frame data, I can tell you that, assuming you're correct, his fastest move is 10 frames and negates unblock frames. It's called a throw. Check it out!
throw is also out of range, if he does his flying knee right after it i just ate another combo. keep em coming i want to here about all my options.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
@colt maybe kano b1 should be a high...
No it shouldn't be. Because it already is a mid that will wiff on low profile Attacks like d3/d4.

It's not as good as Zyphox is over reacting too. And last time Zyphox complained his character wasn't good enough the Flash became top 5. Kano isn't as good as you are making him out to be. Calm down

Zyphox

If you're seriously suggesting that Cage's pressure in MK9 was unfair then you need to stop playing fighting games forever.

1. it's f33b3 not b33f3. You don't even know what you're talking about.
2. the string you're thinking of is f33 that ends his pressure, and it does.
3. level. up.
Miserable Wetch! Insignificant speck of feculant Scum how dare you, i didnt once say cage's pressure wasn't bullshit, and yes i messed up saying it was b33f3 and i used cage, how do i not know what im talking about if i wrote a mistake in a post? please stop your trolling.

Zyphox

you always have armor to beat out flying knee
dude i get that, im not over here saying after that after i block that string i dont have options, as playing to win who used the variation against me i won our set we played. my problem, and i'll make this clear, i do not think b1 should be like that against my character. if i had a better d1 or faster armor that would be pretty cool. yes after b13 2+4 i have options i never said that this is just the end all be all as soon as he gets in like this bitch billstickers is implying. but is my only option cornered with no meter literally to sit there and take b1 until he decided to do something else? i find that quite bullshit when the rest of the cast can just fucking poke out. when you were saying let him do b13 2+4 i was looking for punishes and naming things kano can do afterwards.