What's new

General/Other - Takeda Kano B1 abuse vs Takeda

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Well if there is no shortage of complaining about kano i have another thread and even a video for you all about Kano's b1. This is funny to me because during the time Arturo sanchez was getting rekt by this at NLBC against Coach Steve i was getting rekt by it online by Black fellow, i have no idea if he saw what happened or what not but here is the run down. the only Option takeda has against kano's b1 abuse is to trade with a d2 on a read or armor. the bad part is both options are bad, block or baited armor is super punishable and d2 trades only fix the problem temporarily. if he block a d2 he just gets to start his pressure all over again with run up b1.

i'm posting the video to show you guys exactly what this does to takeda as well as vent some frustrations i have with the character. am i complaining? probably. could it be really helpful to possibly give takeda at least an option against this, like say a fast d1 or d3 or even faster armor? yes, yes it can. now i don't want to lobby for buffs, but i've been constantly getting away with murder and outplaying my opponents every since i picked this character up. once you flesh out the MU and you learn how to properly get in on takeda you will get what im saying. i'm not saying takeda is a bad character like people are saying kenshi and kitana are or whatever, what i'm saying is this is a braindead option in one MU that i think should be addressed or to at the very least make takeda players and the like aware of the situation. do not feel bad if you get rekt by a kano mashing this out, you only really have two options, both bait-able and punishable.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
You can backdash midscreen, I don't think you can confirm from just b1 into a combo, and if he tries another one you can whiff punish. He can still do other shit though if he confirms it's hit, and you're still fucked in the corner. This character does need a proper poke though.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Can't you spam d2 in block to use the hit out of block while holding block reversal thingie?

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Every Character in the Game gained a Frame on their moves. Its not just takeda. Also -5 and Under is Pretty much safe.

Zyphox

Every Character in the Game gained a Frame on their moves. Its not just takeda. Also -5 and Under is Pretty much safe.
yeah dizzy told me about it on twitter. maybe takeda should have went the reverse way and lost a frame on every move :p

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
well i tested this out, i guess the frame data in game for d2 is wrong because i recorded myself mashing b1 with kano and i was able to d2 out unless im doing something wrong. noticed that the in game frame data has different info in the pc version, dont know if that means that im playing on an older version, or the frame data just never got updated in the pc version like it did on the console version. it honestly just looks like you aren't mashing hard enough to get it out on the fastest possible frame

AssassiN

Noob
well i tested this out, i guess the frame data in game for d2 is wrong because i recorded myself mashing b1 with kano and i was able to d2 out unless im doing something wrong. noticed that the in game frame data has different info in the pc version, dont know if that means that im playing on an older version, or the frame data just never got updated in the pc version like it did on the console version. it honestly just looks like you aren't mashing hard enough
PC version is behind on the patches the consoles have received.
Like Liu still has his block infinite on the PC, the frame data corrections that have occured are not on there.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
PC version is behind on the patches the consoles have received.
Like Liu still has his block infinite on the PC, the frame data corrections that have occured are not on there.
well the in game frame data in here says kano's b1 is 8f startup and is 0 on block and takeda's d2 has 7f startup, so in theory it shouldn't be any different given that both of them are 1 frame startup apart from each other

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
well i tested this out, i guess the frame data in game for d2 is wrong because i recorded myself mashing b1 with kano and i was able to d2 out unless im doing something wrong. noticed that the in game frame data has different info in the pc version, dont know if that means that im playing on an older version, or the frame data just never got updated in the pc version like it did on the console version. it honestly just looks like you aren't mashing hard enough to get it out on the fastest possible frame
That's beside the point.

Kano players will know d2 or armor is your only way out and can therefore bait it.
Risk/reward ratio is highly in Kano's favor...

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
That's beside the point.

Kano players will know d2 or armor is your only way out and can therefore bait it.
Risk/reward ratio is highly in Kano's favor...
god forbid you have to make a read...... if you think hes going to read you d2ing then throw his ass in the corner. now you have the positional advantage

Damn, it's almost like characters have strengths and weaknesses.
pretty much

Last edited:

Zyphox

well the in game frame data in here says kano's b1 is 8f startup and is 0 on block and takeda's d2 has 7f startup, so in theory it shouldn't be any different given that both of them are 1 frame startup apart from each other
i tested this for an hour before posting, d2 at best trades with b1, that means you would have to make the read he's stopping b1 and going into another b1 instead of completing the string, if he completes the string and you made the wrong read you just got full combo punished. also it takes 1 frame to let go of block so it makes b1 in theory +1 on block.

Zyphox

no im pretty sure you can get out of this, come on guys... who do you think can't get out of this and ill test it out right now
go ahead and use takeda and try to get out, please make sure you are doing b1, b1, b1 correctly. the options i listed are trade with d2 and armor, if you find something else please post your findings.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
go ahead and use takeda and try to get out, please make sure you are doing b1, b1, b1 correctly. the options i listed are trade with d2 and armor, if you find something else please post your findings.
i already did that, like i said before i was able to get d2 to beat it out clean. honestly looking at you're inputs i doubt you were able to get d2 to come out at the fastest possible frame if you weren't mashing like a motherfucker

also on second though the trade isnt terrible. you get him off of you and you win out in damage, not bad

Zyphox

i already did that, like i said before i was able to get d2 to beat it out clean. honestly looking at you're inputs i doubt you were able to get d2 to come out at the fastest possible frame if you weren't mashing like a motherfucker
you can option select moves on block in this game, by hold block and then mashing uppercut, the first frame that it allows i trade with kano's b1, but if he completes b13 2+4 i just ate a full combo. i didnt feel like sitting there in the video trying to trade with it, but i have tested it and included it in the OP there is an 8 frame gap between b1's and im doing an 8 frame move (updated frame data on xbox and ps4).