What's new

General/Other - Takeda Kano B1 abuse vs Takeda

AssassiN

Noob
Takeda has 2 other variations that might work better? It's unfortunate that variation might not be working, but isn't that why every character has 3?
No. None of his variations fix these kinds of issues.
His D2 remains to be his fastest normal while his fastest poke is 10.
Ronin allows Takeda to have an armored special at like 14 frames, which is the fastest he's got.

Why do people think it's ok to fully rely on armor to get out these shitty situations? What can he do when he doesn't have meter and he is in the corner? Get hit so he can build meter to possibly get out? Great option...

cyke_out

Noob
Let's be real: I doubt you bothered to see if there's anything in those variations that actually helps :)
And would it matter of it didn't?

Let's be real here, the issue is takeda has no way out of pressure without taking risks. Ok, fine, my answer to that is- so fucking what? Should every character get a reliable safe one size fits all answer to every single possible situation?

Takeda does have ways out of b1 pressure. It doesn't matter if those ways are punishable if the Kano predicts your possible counter.

I will totally join the bandwagon if there was absolutely nothing takeda could do at all or if b1 was in any way a block infinite. But it's not. Takeda has answers. Just because those answers aren't safe doesn't mean anything should be changed.

JoeX0rX

Noob
Let's be real: I doubt you bothered to see if there's anything in those variations that actually helps :)
I do mainly use shirai ryu. It just has the most options. Though maybe not the best. Coach(cutthroat) Steve last night was giving everyone trouble with b1. It's a hard match up. Arturo kept trying to wake up with xxbf2 and he kept getting punished for it. But Arturo made takeda look more good than bad...then he ran into Kano. Just chalk up another tough match up for takeda.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
And would it matter of it didn't?

Let's be real here, the issue is takeda has no way out of pressure without taking risks. Ok, fine, my answer to that is- so fucking what? Should every character get a reliable safe one size fits all answer to every single possible situation?

Takeda does have ways out of b1 pressure. It doesn't matter if those ways are punishable if the Kano predicts your possible counter.

I will totally join the bandwagon if there was absolutely nothing takeda could do at all or if b1 was in any way a block infinite. But it's not. Takeda has answers. Just because those answers aren't safe doesn't mean anything should be changed.
There needs to be a Double Like button.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Quan Chi has it worse. In the corner, Kano b1, B1, B1, etc.. is actually a true block infinite on him.
Tom stop trying to make Kano out to be the bad guy. I mean he's not really a bad guy. Okay he's a bad guy but that doesn't mean he can't be good in the game.

Also I see you trying to shift that Sub Zero hate Tom. I'm on to you. Distract them from maybe a block infinite that might be true so Sub doesn't get nerfed.

:DOGE

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
not every street fighter has fadc
The people don't wake up with DPs as much (especially in 3rd strike with the parry system). Only SF (main numbered series) that you see many wake-up/reversal DPs in tournament play is SF4.
FADC is still -5 so it's not safe even then.
FADC backdash is not (in most cases). Plus, you can EX DP FADC to make it safe.
Quan Chi has it worse. In the corner, Kano b1, B1, B1, etc.. is actually a true block infinite on him.
Thank you for confirming what I said on the 1st page :)

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
I feel like every time I throw out a normal with takeda I am putting myself in a bad situation cause he is so slow and negative. I started playing other characters but I "want" to play takeda

Last edited: