What's new

GGA Wafflez Wins Mortal Kombat 9 at Final Round 16 + Going to the Video X Games!

Can we also be serious about Reptile? Chris G doesn't give a shit about this game yet is more successful than our dedicated Reptile players. The Reptile community is on blast because Chris G is probably the best with this character now. HE GETS IT. He understands how powerful dash and forceball are for conditioning and control. It's the same shit I've been saying for 2 years and Reptile players here downplay and say I'm wrong then Chris G goes out and does the best with this character.
Bro, I'm a believer. I've always agreed with you. If anything I uplay reptile.

Gimmick

Noob
PLAYING TO W1N you obviously haven't been in tune with the mkc lately. The fact that a shang tsung has been in grand finals in the past 2 majors and we just got a smoke main that won tells a lot about the changing landscape of mortal kombat. Yes there's a dominant 5 character list, but they aren't winning majors for free. And that fundamental post was just ignorant. No need to be a douchebag

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Can we also be serious about Reptile? Chris G doesn't give a shit about this game yet is more successful than our dedicated Reptile players. The Reptile community is on blast because Chris G is probably the best with this character now. HE GETS IT. He understands how powerful dash and forceball are for conditioning and control. It's the same shit I've been saying for 2 years and Reptile players here downplay and say I'm wrong then Chris G goes out and does the best with this character.
Shhhhh your making the capcom players happy.

Zangrief

Noob
PLAYING TO W1N you obviously haven't been in tune with the mkc lately. The fact that a shang tsung has been in grand finals in the past 2 majors and we just got a smoke main that won tells a lot about the changing landscape of mortal kombat. Yes there's a dominant 5 character list, but they aren't winning majors for free. And that fundamental post was just ignorant. No need to be a douchebag

And we saw a Sheeva take out a top Kenshi. This game has more depth than people give it credit for.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Chris G doesn't give a shit about this game yet is more successful than our dedicated Reptile players. The Reptile community is on blast because Chris G is probably the best with this character now.
I was thinking this exact thing while watching him on stream today. I hated when he said he was going to try playing Kenshi; if he wanted to take MK seriously he should just stick with Reptile and actually... you know... play the game. He's very entertaining to watch.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
don't tell people my strats, bro!

Death

Noob
Been saying this forever. He is the most accomplished reptile and best Reptile player but people always blow him up on forums smh

M2Dave

Zoning Master
And we saw a Sheeva take out a top Kenshi. This game has more depth than people give it credit for.
PorkChop had no idea how to fight Sheeva. If Jeremiah had fought Pig, he most likely would have lost.

In a major tournament, it all depends who is present and whom you run into. Wafflez won because he did not have to fight a single competent Cage, Kabal, or Kung Lao player.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Been saying this forever. He is the most accomplished reptile and best Reptile player but people always blow him up on forums smh

It's funny. Everyone will throw around phrases like "Chris G's fundamentals" because they just know he's good at fighting games but they can't understand what he does. Our Reptile players wet their pants at the idea of dash being punished. They see it as a simple binary "I do 11% if it hits and I'm blown up if it's blocked" and don't see the big picture. Which is not even that complicated. It's not about the pure damage the dash does. It's about Reptile having free reign to play his game. In a game that heavily rewards jump ins and doing chip damage. Imagine if Chris G played this game and knew MU and was good at MK aspects like counter poking.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
when is the last time any of those characters you listed won a major... not some shitty local. i mean a major? other than cage, kabal, lao (among several others)

sektor? mileena? bla bla bla they haven't won anything
Sektor won a major. Smoke just won a major. Shang won a major. Jax won a major. Lao, Cage, Kabal, Kenshi. And thats not even including characters that have gotten top 8. The game is broken but not as broken as you say. And fundamentals is still key to winning, which is shown by how many people say "Im going top tier now" and fail miserably.