What's new

GGA Wafflez Wins Mortal Kombat 9 at Final Round 16 + Going to the Video X Games!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
It was long enough between Mortal Kombat tournaments and Final Round 16 definitely hit the sweet spot and with a wide variety of characters. This year, ShinBlanka's event Final Round, turned 16 years old and what better way to celebrate than to hype it up with some Mortal Kombat! Players from all over were in attendance including the reigning EVO Champ Perfect Legend, KH Scar, KH Cat, Noobe, GamerBlake90, EGP Tyrant and many more. Streamed by Pig of the Hut's channel there were loads of upsets that you will just have to see if you missed.

In the end, it's gotta come down to one, so without further ado, we'd like to Congratulate, GGA Wafflez for taking Mortal Kombat 9 at Final Round 16!

frbanner.png

Top 8 Results:

• KH Scar, Houston, TX (Skarlet) vs EMP|DPGL Gross, Miami, FL (Smoke/Sektor) 2-1
  • GGA Jeremiah, Chicago, IL (Kenshi) vs WoundCowboy, NorCal (Shang Tsung) 0-2
  • GGA Wafflez, Chicago, IL (Smoke) vs Pokchop (Kenshi) 2-0
  • Perfect Legend, Ohio (Kung Lao) vs EGP Tyrant, SoCal (Jax) 0-2
  • GGA Wafflez (Smoke) vs EMP|DPGL Gross (Sektor) 2-1
  • EGP Tyrant (Jax) vs GGA Jeremiah (Kenshi) 2-0
Top 4:
  • EGP Tyrant (Jax) vs GGA Wafflez (Smoke) 0-2
  • KH Scar (Skarlet) vs WoundCowboy (Shang Tsung) 1-3
  • GGA Wafflez (Smoke) vs KH Scar (Skarlet/Kabal) 3-1
Grand Finals:
  • GGA Wafflez (Smoke) vs WoundCowboy (Shang Tsung/Liu Kang) 6-0
frgf2.jpg

Attachments

M2Dave

Zoning Master
This is utter bull shit. I do not understand this at all. I swear that this game has become random. No wonder Pig Of The Hut has quit. And now I am contemplating quitting too and never playing again. How could Wafflez possibly win a local tournament much less a major tournament with 60+ participants? This guy has no fundamental game whatsoever. All he does is spam d+4, run away, and fish for resets. He is a coward and a despicable human being.

Briyen

Noob
serirously, ban the reset, waffles is good, i jsut dont like how he abuses so relentlessly with an already amazing

edit: iknow you cant ban it but its just wayyy too good hah

Pound IC

Noob
This is utter bull shit. I do not understand this at all. I swear that this game has become random. No wonder Pig Of The Hut has quit. And now I am contemplating quitting too and never playing again. How could Wafflez possibly win a local tournament much less a major tournament with 60+ participants? This guy has no fundamental game whatsoever. All he does is spam d+4, run away, and fish for resets. He is a coward and a despicable human being.
LOL

Storms with them lightning quick updates :) Good stuff all around man. Great matches, Great Tournament, Great Experience. Wafflez dude, I can't wait to play you again bro. Scar, Reppin htown like that has never been done before. Good stuff. Good stuff to Wound too. That was good stuff.

this was the most intense and high-level tournament ive ever seen. it was obvious shang doesnt stand a chance against smoke but on the other hand smoke has a really hard time vs skarlett and wafflez beat her so congrats to leading my old main to glory :)

CRUM

Noob
Congrats to Wafflez you played out of your mind, man. I don't think anyone else deserved the win this weekend. You truly earned it. AND YOU'RE GOING TO DA BEECH