What's new

GGA Wafflez Wins Mortal Kombat 9 at Final Round 16 + Going to the Video X Games!

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
So let's look at this:

-MK Community's "heroes" are down: Pig, Mr. M and Blake all didn't make top 8
-Tommy isn't mentioned in the "top player" showcase FR preview
-My podcast specifically discussing Tommy's FR game plan isn't front paged after request
-Two guys who could give two shits about MK, Pokchop and Chris G, come away with major victories over established MK guys

Could the internet be more on blast right now?

Can we also be serious about Reptile? Chris G doesn't give a shit about this game yet is more successful than our dedicated Reptile players. The Reptile community is on blast because Chris G is probably the best with this character now. HE GETS IT. He understands how powerful dash and forceball are for conditioning and control. It's the same shit I've been saying for 2 years and Reptile players here downplay and say I'm wrong then Chris G goes out and does the best with this character.
I'd like to have a word with you 16 bit.........., i haven't busted him out since dallas, but that doesn't mean i lost my touch with him, need i remind ppl of how good my reptile is again? haha but respect to chris fo sho

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Can we also be serious about Reptile? Chris G doesn't give a shit about this game yet is more successful than our dedicated Reptile players. The Reptile community is on blast because Chris G is probably the best with this character now. HE GETS IT. He understands how powerful dash and forceball are for conditioning and control. It's the same shit I've been saying for 2 years and Reptile players here downplay and say I'm wrong then Chris G goes out and does the best with this character.
Shiiiiiiiiiit, this is too true.

And in all honesty, the only reason I feel Chris even loses at times is because of terrible matchup experience compared to every Reptile still playing.

I didn't want to admit it back then, but Chris is definitely the best Reptile. No offense to any of the other Reptiles, but can you really sit there and deny his accomplishments? He is literally the ONLY Reptile to even win a major, and is one of like 4 or 5 Reptiles to be consistently cracking top 8/16 with the character, with a generally stronger track record, too.

He gets the character, and I hate how much I shyed away from how he played him.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
I never knew how to feel about young tommy waffles bodying me since everyone at GGA talks about how dumb he is. Good to know waffles is indeed actually pretty good and i can not feel like shit anymore when i lose to him. :p Good shit waffles those matches with scar and gross proved to everyone your skills and your ability to adapt. I now wont feel ashamed sending you a friend request on facebook so i dont have to keep looking at your ugly mug in the 'people you may know' section.

Shout outs to roomy Jerimiah. Way to keep your composure after that assholish fatality and keep your bullshit runabouts, parlor tricks and shenanigans fresh and silly. D,u is broke.

Shiiiiiiiiiit, this is too true.

And in all honesty, the only reason I feel Chris even loses at times is because of terrible matchup experience compared to every Reptile still playing.

I didn't want to admit it back then, but Chris is definitely the best Reptile. No offense to any of the other Reptiles, but can you really sit there and deny his accomplishments? He is literally the ONLY Reptile to even win a major, and is one of like 4 or 5 Reptiles to be consistently cracking top 8/16 with the character, with a generally stronger track record, too.

He gets the character, and I hate how much I shyed away from how he played him.
hello, what about my accomplishments using reptile? mannnnn haha

THTB

hello, what about my accomplishments using reptile? mannnnn haha
I'm not saying your accomplishments aren't great. But again, he is the only Reptile to have won a major. On top of that, he has been fairly consistent in his standings, much like you have been.

I'm not saying your accomplishments aren't great. But again, he is the only Reptile to have won a major. On top of that, he has been fairly consistent in his standings, much like you have been.
i'll give him that he won a major, but he hasn't done better vs top players than I have. Ppl can vouch for me on that.

THTB

i'll give him that he won a major, but he hasn't done better vs top players than I have. Ppl can vouch for me on that.
I mean, I guess lol. Note, I'm not trying to discredit you.

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
Man, I fell asleep about halfway through the stream! My Game of Thrones marathon caught up with me, I suppose.

Time to dive back in and see this greatness unfold.

Congratulations to Wafflez!

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Congrats to Waffles!!!! sucks scar couldn't take it.. but happens when theres no top smoke or shang to play with!

im super salty I lost to chris g in winners.. smh... he has them random jumps you just don't expect.. lol but hes way better than ppl give him credit for, that's for sure..

anyways.. sucks I lost to noobe. I didn't play too seriously because even if I had won. I would have had to leave anyways for my gfs bday dinner..( only reason I went is cus she wanted me to play pig after she saw the thread.. lol ) but not taking anything away from him win. he really knows his stuff...

Wish I had time to play a lot more ppl.. didn't get much casuals in..

but my mission was accomplish .... Destroy PIG!!!!

Now wheres my props thread?? am I gonna have to make one myself and fish for them???

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Congrats to Waffles!!!! sucks scar couldn't take it.. but happens when theres no top smoke or shang to play with!

im super salty I lost to chris g in winners.. smh... he has them random jumps you just don't expect.. lol but hes way better than ppl give him credit for, that's for sure..

anyways.. sucks I lost to noobe. I didn't play too seriously because even if I had won. I would have had to leave anyways for my gfs bday dinner..( only reason I went is cus she wanted me to play pig after she saw the thread.. lol ) but not taking anything away from him win. he really knows his stuff...

Now wheres my props thread?? am I gonna have to make one myself and fish for them???
God damnit last year it was jeremiah this year its chris g smh....lol

nah but goodstuff KH crew lol. GGA was lucky VSM/me wasn't there :)
congratz @gga wafflez

Reactions: Cat

u deserve your props dude.

btw wafflez spacing with that dash up standing 2/b2 anti air was on another level I even rarely see top players do this. kung lao can do the same with dash up anti air 2 standing 2.